Hybrid View

Article: Tamashii Nations’ C-3PO 12” Perfect Model/Chogokin Figure Preview

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

So, the way Sideshow has been presenting this figure has been confusing since its unveiling at Comic-Con. Tamashii Nations is a brand, or a company, or something that encompasses licenses while being owned or something by Bandai, and they've worked with Sideshow on this piece... or something. I dunno exactly, the sign had 5 company logos on it.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what they're going to do with this chogokin figure (die cast) in terms of price, it's got a lot of great sculpting so I'm tempted to pretend like I can afford it, but the reality is that A] as a die-cast figure with this level of movement and accuracy it's going to be unholy expensive (the Japanese price is about $400 or so) and also B] the sample at Comic-Con had a matte finish and so does this preview, and no matter how good the sculpting is a matte finish for C-3PO makes little sense to me, basically it's the Hoth look?

I'm also a little curious to see what they were talking about with the asymmetrical knee back sculpt as I don't see it in the prototype.