Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active Members?

Active Members?

Just curious if SirSteve or JT could say how many active members there are on the forums these days....seems to have trailed off over the last 5 years into a much smaller quiet community.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I am currently inactive as I type this reply.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'm not on as much as I used to be because I really haven't found myself with much time to hop online when I get home. I used to jump on more frequently during the day while taking a break at work, but they started to monitor our internet activity a little more closely. So, I don't really have the occasion to post much. I try to from time to time.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What do you consider active? No doubt there is less going on, but a lack of movies coming out will do that imho.

I'm like the Star Wars brand in 1992... present, but not prolific.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I check in frequently and post occasionally. You must admit, people and their priorities have changed over the years: members have graduated from high school or college; started careers and families. Look at our "Joined dates". A good many of us have been here over a decade!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I have never joined nor posted on this website.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I have never joined nor posted on this website.
    ...and you did not approve this post....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I don't think we have anything that lists the activity of users that way.

Hasbro is killing us though, I think. Not just SSG, the budget collecting community. The prices going up, quality going down, quantity going down, just very difficult to drum up as much excitement to carry people back to the brand.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still check things out here about 3-4 times a day to see if there's any interesting news. I haven't had much to post about, my area hasn't seen any vintage wave past the TPM/ROTJ Deleted Scenes, and the latter only seemed to show up when Wal-Mart didn't have them in the system. I haven't been keeping track of how many waves of the non-vintage figures there have been, but nothing new has been showing up regardless so they're suffering too.

Pretty much looks like the last SW items I'll be picking up this year will be the TRU Speederbike and the K-Mart 2-packs... although I have to wait until next month or so before looking into buying them. Had to deal with moving over the last 4 months, and am still recovering.

I feel as though the SW line is close to coming to an end unless Hasbro does some dramatic overhauling.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"