Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Article: NYCC 2012 Coverage Starts Wednesday

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Tamashii Nations 3PO is the piece I jumped right to first. It's still matte, and I hadn't noticed before but the shoulders have a bit too much bulk at the collar end and the main section is sculpted too far in. I am still going to watch its progress though, and I'm curious how it will sell.

That R2 in the display for display only looks pretty good, I wonder why it doesn't have a "pending licensor approval", are they simply not going to be able to make it at all?

AFX with that Thundertank, I don't want to buy statues but man do I want to buy that statue and the minimates that are scaled with it.

Super7's Super Boba Fett Shogun looks like it's coming along nicely.

Koto's ArtFX+ Boba Fett is like "wow wow wow whaaat is going on with those shoulder pads?". Vader FX+ looks thick in the neck and the cape is a bit thick, but the overall sculpt looks quite nice. I have been trying not to want FX+ 3PO and R2, but yeah, that's on my xmas list now - the chrome on 3PO looks great and the lines on R2 are stellar. Jango looks very good too, if the production looks as good I think that might be coming home - it looks as slick as the GG minibust (the one with arms that my sister says is in a "yeah boy!" pose, gee thanks). Holy crap, the big ice cube trays are way better than I expected - I'm likely going to get R2, definitely the Death Star. Light-up chop sabers look alright, I suspect they'd look better without booth lighting blasting them.

Well let's see here . . .

Nothing from any of the listed companies interests me. And if it does, it's above my pay grade (and since I'm currently a full time student . . . it's a very low pay grade).

So . . . yeah, insanely underwhelmed by the presented items.

I've said in the past few months that if the price goes up on hasbro stuff, and distribution doesn't improve that I'd be quitting collecting from them. At this point it looks like I'll be not collecting simply due to a lack of product I'm interested in all together.

2013 is going to be a big money saving year for me it seems.

It's too bad that Hasbro didn't show anything. Last year they had pretty much all of the TPM stuff . . . then again, it was their first year showing anything there (so it's not like this is normally a huge thing for them to show off a bunch), and we seem to already know about everything coming between now and February, so I'm assuming most of the 2013 line is being saved for Toy Fair, then.

I was very surprised that Hasbro made a bit of noise about SW at NYCC and then only brought Angry Birds SW to the show. That was a bummer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Did they really think collectors would be excited about Angry Birds? I think seeing next year's X-Wing and ESB Slave 1 Vintage exclusives would have been at least something worth checking out. Oh well, I guess they're required to hype the new product, no matter how ridiculous it is.

I have played Angry Birds and I enjoyed it for the most part, however, I feel that the game is too reliant on random luck and involves almost no skill whatsoever. This whole "crossover" thing feels like it's about a year or so too late.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Did they really think collectors would be excited about Angry Birds? I think seeing next year's X-Wing and ESB Slave 1 Vintage exclusives would have been at least something worth checking out. Oh well, I guess they're required to hype the new product, no matter how ridiculous it is.

I have played Angry Birds and I enjoyed it for the most part, however, I feel that the game is too reliant on random luck and involves almost no skill whatsoever. This whole "crossover" thing feels like it's about a year or so too late.
    Did they really think CONVENTION fans would get excited about Angry Birds SW, even if they thought a general audience might?

AB isn't about random luck actually, it's a physics game and requires skill of aim and prediction of behaviors. Unfortunately if you have an iphone screen it's too small to really make that out, when I went from my ipod touch AB to my 4.3" android phone's screen it became more of a skill game. And when I went to my tablet screen, it became a whole new ballgame.

It does feel too late, although Angry Birds Space was not that long ago and an awesome game.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've only played it on the iPod and the screen is so tiny it's nearly impossible to line up your shots effectively.

So, is there going to be a Star Wars themed Angry Birds game? If not, then this seems pretty arbitrary and pointless. Kind of like those Star Wars themed M&Ms from a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I've only played it on the iPod and the screen is so tiny it's nearly impossible to line up your shots effectively.

So, is there going to be a Star Wars themed Angry Birds game? If not, then this seems pretty arbitrary and pointless. Kind of like those Star Wars themed M&Ms from a few years back.
    The game is coming out November 8.

I've only played the original game on an iPhone and I could see it fine. I'll be buying the app, but probably not any of the toys. TRU had the blind bag two-packs the other day, so there ya go.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The game is coming out November 8.

I've only played the original game on an iPhone and I could see it fine. I'll be buying the app, but probably not any of the toys. TRU had the blind bag two-packs the other day, so there ya go.
    I didn't say that I had trouble seeing the game. I just said it was nearly impossible to line up your shots accurately on the tiny screen, especially when you were aiming at a target that wasn't even on the same screen.

Well, it's good to know that there is a useless game to go along with the useless toys. They'll slap the Star Wars logo on anything these days, I guess.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis