Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nothing, since we'll now have plenty of Episode VII-IX Gungans clogging the shelves.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well I built myself a Tantive IV because I never thought Hasbro would do it, or make it large enough for my taste (to set up a diorama of the opening fight in the coridoors between the Rebel Troopers and the Imperial boarding party.

While maybe the Sailbarge is happening now? (fan petition a result of some prior knowledge that they are ALREADY making it? So the fan sites can gain support back by saying their support made it happen - though realistically it helps a lot!) I have plans to make a custom sailbarge if whatever Hasbro turns out isn't big enough and to my liking.

The Imperial Shuttle does NOT need a re-do. It's very good as is. They could re-release it every so often. I own two (1 vintage Imperial and one modern Rebel Tyderium) and have my Tyderium out on display now. It's great as is, though Luke and Leia sit on the floor of the front ramp so they can be seen in the cockpit behind Han and Chewie. In the back, I get 2 Endor Rebel troopers with C-3PO and R2D2.

I don't need it to fit a 12-man strike team back there.

Couldn't even name all the characters I'd put there:

1. General - Han
    2. Colonel - ? Cracken was the one named and has a figure now, but he was not on Endor, but in the space battle.
    3. Major - Panno, a Desselian, has a figure
    4. Captain - ?
    5. Lieutenant -?
    6. Sergeant - SideShow made a figure of a white guy with facial hair
    7. Corporal - the black guy?
    8. Private - another white guy? without facial hair?
    9. Private - another black guy? with facial hair?
    10. Another Dresselian (what rank was Prune Face / Orimorko?) - or was he a captain?
    11. ?
    12. ? With these ranks, you'd have at least another corporal leading a fire team.

Leia is supposed to also be a General - but she wasn't in the direct chain of command.

Luke - what was his role there? He is either a Commander (not a Captain yet, I think) in the Rebel Space Navy or just along for the ride as the "Jedi Advisor."

Chewie - I'm pretty sure he was outside of the chain of command as well.

Anyway, I'm not sure what good having all those figures fit in a shuttle and just sit there will do anyone?

IN THE BLOCKADE RUNNER - you have an action scene

ON THE SAILBARGE - you have an action scene

ON A STAR DESTROYER (Republic or Imperial) you have battle stations and smaller fighter launch and recovery.

ON A SANDCRAWLER - you have build-a-droid

ON AN IMPERIAL LANDING CRAFT - you have troop deployment, which might include speederbikes, and I see no reason why the Empire would stop using AT-RTs after ROTS. They seem very useful for stormtroopers as well as clone troopers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The Imp Shuttle is a nice-looking toy from the outside, but its interior is pretty poor, the cockpit is a let-down considering how many characters were shown there interacting, its landing legs are inaccurate, its engines are just stickers, and the wings have wobble issues and don't sit symmetrically in the up position.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    How do you get to 30-40? I was going to say it's realistic but that number sounds higher than I was expecting, so it comes down to perception. I'll wager that you're being reasonable though as it is in your nature.
    Thank you. I've had the exact number at one point, but haven't thought about it too much as of late since thinking about the Star Wars line just reminds me of what I've missed this year while having to stare at TPM pegwarmers like it was 2000 all over again. But, we're definitely at 30-40, if not maybe into the 50's. Doing a quick count... There were 12 VOTC figures to start it with; 5 VTSC figures; 6 VTAC; 26 so far released for the current vintage line (counting up to Bespin Leia); and 5 in this upcoming last wave. So actually by this count we're at 54. That is including ones that have had their cardback picture changed to something more favorable, but excluding either of the Jedi Lukes. The Deleted Scene one would be fine to see rereleased on a proper vintage cardback, which was wasted with the previous release of Endor Capture Luke.

The cardback thing is pretty much a non-starter though, can't have every figure on a vintage cardback from a realistic marketing believe, it's either the line continues under a fresh look or it doesn't continue and dies yet again under a vintage look.
    Yeah, unfortunately true. Hoping they continue to get them out, but... they've hit 54, give or take a couple, in 8 years from 2004 (from VOTC). They have about 40 to go. That seems pretty unlikely.

What would you be looking for in a new shuttle? I can't imagine them scrapping the existing tooling - which looks great from the outside except for the landing legs - so I'd guess you're right that it's not terribly realistic, but I'm curious as to what is dissatisfying.
    The Imp Shuttle is a nice-looking toy from the outside, but its interior is pretty poor, the cockpit is a let-down considering how many characters were shown there interacting, its landing legs are inaccurate, its engines are just stickers, and the wings have wobble issues and don't sit symmetrically in the up position.
    That's a good list there. Definitely want it to be a bit taller so that figures can be displayed beneath it and so the boarding ramp can be overhauled with a more accurate appearance, ala the BMF; a better cockpit with actual seats rather than slots; a rear interior where numerous modern figures can actually stand around; electronics would be absolutely wanted especially light-up engines, lights for the boarding ramp, and a light feature or two in both interiors.

Although I never managed to get either of the rereleases of the Imperial Shuttle, I know it still makes an impressive display piece by itself since Kenner did a great job. But, it's such a great vehicle that holds so much potential that it deserves a massive overhaul.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yes but Jabba's Sailbarge is in such demand that celebrities are starting to promote the petition (Daniel Logan amongst many).

I hear that even Jon Bon Jovi and Bono are going to do a benefit concert to promote the Sailbarge's cause.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not saying the Sail Barge shouldn't be made, calm yourself. I'm just saying I want to see a new Imperial Shuttle done with similar treatment to the BMF. At some point.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm actually planning to sell my BMF and BAT-AT in order to make sure I have room for a Sail Barge. I guess that means I must really want one.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Thank you. I've had the exact number at one point, but haven't thought about it too much as of late since thinking about the Star Wars line just reminds me of what I've missed this year while having to stare at TPM pegwarmers like it was 2000 all over again. But, we're definitely at 30-40, if not maybe into the 50's. Doing a quick count... There were 12 VOTC figures to start it with; 5 VTSC figures; 6 VTAC; 26 so far released for the current vintage line (counting up to Bespin Leia); and 5 in this upcoming last wave. So actually by this count we're at 54. That is including ones that have had their cardback picture changed to something more favorable, but excluding either of the Jedi Lukes. The Deleted Scene one would be fine to see rereleased on a proper vintage cardback, which was wasted with the previous release of Endor Capture Luke.
    So you are thinking about this as the cardback issue, which obviously makes more sense at that 30-40 number than only 8 or 9 to go in terms of the figures themselves. I know Derryl had the cardback thing be a goal of his as well, but I do think this is very unlikely to happen now that the TVC line is over. That said, your hopes are your own, you'd know best what you're driving at.

That's a good list there. Definitely want it to be a bit taller so that figures can be displayed beneath it and so the boarding ramp can be overhauled with a more accurate appearance, ala the BMF; a better cockpit with actual seats rather than slots; a rear interior where numerous modern figures can actually stand around; electronics would be absolutely wanted especially light-up engines, lights for the boarding ramp, and a light feature or two in both interiors.

Although I never managed to get either of the rereleases of the Imperial Shuttle, I know it still makes an impressive display piece by itself since Kenner did a great job. But, it's such a great vehicle that holds so much potential that it deserves a massive overhaul.
    I hear ya on the height of the ship and the ramp, those are 2 dear to my heart, but since it's such a passive vehicle I doubt they'll get to doing it, but everything's in flux now thanks to 3D and Disney so who knows.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would like to see the other animated members of Delta squad.

In all honesty, I am approaching 1,138 individual Star Wars figures owned. I may just stop there out of OCD-ness. There's very little SW toy-wise that excites me anymore. I buy what looks cool, if it's not too pricey, mainly if it's a new figure (I am finally sick of repacks and resculpts). Therefore, EU figs would probably be my biggest draws. But if 2012 doesn't end the world, I would likely buy Episode VII-IX toys.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega