Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've debated NOT buying Ep 7-9 (and then on) figures.

I'm out of room and I even considered how I'd set up my toy collection (SW, ST, Termntr, TFs) if I could display it all on my uncle's big estate and you know what? - It wouldn't fit!

So in my plan to start selling 3rds of my collection (as dioramas) beginning 10 years from now, and then every 10 years after that (since I can't take it with me and I'd like to meet the buyers I first pass my things down to out of just great appreciation for the hobby), I may only purchase a very limited amount for 7-9 and then on.

When I do make to sell something, I would say:

1. bidding for anything starts at $0.99 - as I don't care about the money but would like to know what it's worth to someone.
    2. for personal pick-up by the auction winner only - NO shipping by seller (me) - which will limit it to local SoCal buyers.
    3. put advertisement in newspapers here with pictures.
    4. accept a personal visit appointment (see it before you bid higher) - by approved auction bidders only.
    5. have my computer on so people can register a higher bid on the spot when they view the stuff, or bid on other things
    6. sell things as such:

3 3/4" battle of Endor - 2 vintage Ewok Villages, 4 AT-ST's, 3 speederbikes, 11 stormtroopers, 51 Ewoks (I'd name 'em and describe the customs which are hood switches so folks would know that the originals are complete actually), Han (Carb), Leia Ewok Princess, Luke Jedi, Spirit Obi-Wan, Spirit Yoda, etc. etc. ($0.99 starting bid for ALL). I will probably include the 6 foot heavy display case or say it is available for an additional $200 if the buyer transports it. (I will have a case there for my Transformers by either buying another or using the same, minus the Endor backgrounds which should come with the auction).

1/6th scale pod race: Anakin, Padme (Tatooine), C-3PO (TPM), R2-D2, Watto, Sebulba, Pit Droid, Pit Droid (all Hasbro, but I wish they'd have made Shmi Skywalker for this group of mine - but I doubt SideShow will ever make her). Anyway, the bids would start at $0.99 for all and we'll see what it's worth - however, it was worth it to me to have them set up and enjoy them for 10 years.

You can't take this stuff with you when you die. Toys for Tots only accepts packaged, new toys, and I don't want to donate these. They're for collectors. I can always donate the money I get for these displays or buy new toys (for donations).

7. Coordinate the sale with the presumed release of Episode 11 (yeah, Disney said there'd by more than just one trilogy set post-ROTJ I think.

Now it would be very hard for me to not collect Jaina and Jacen Solo or some cool Skywalker descendants that do NOT negate the estabished expanded universe. I'm invested in that and have enjoyed it for decades now. So that's how Disney can hook me.

Maybe Anne Hathaway as Jaina Fel?

But when I sell 1/3 of my collection:

GONE: PT Tatooine, Geonosis, Utopau, Mustafar, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Naboo, OT Endor, Coruscant, CW Christophis, STrek Enterprise

NEXT 3rd: OT Tatooine, PT Otah Gunga, OT Dagobah, OT- SOTE Coruscant, Death Star, Transformers, Terminator, STrek Voyager

Then after I liquidate that in 2033 or so, I go to displaying mostly Star Trek and Hoth / Bespin. I might have room for new Disney Star Wars, but by 2043 I might be re-visiting real medical issues with age and looking towards the nursing home in another decade or so (depends on medical advances - I will be taking great care of myself - but at least I won't have to liquidate a whole collection when I'm in my 70's and can enjoy meeting more SW, ST, Termntr, and TFs fans during this lifetime process).**

** I have a life to include baseball, music, writing, acting, sailing, travel, etc. but I like toys in the variety mix, that's all.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Did that first animated Delta Squad figure come out? I have not been able to pay attention to the CW line since they shifted to nearly all repacks.

Obviously this thread wouldn't cover future films' figures. Dude, I would HATE trying to stop my collection at 1138 figures, it's brilliant but I'd be too worried that a figure would get lost/broken or that I'd end up with 1 too many. I'm that kind of crazy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen the first Delta Squad CW figure in stores. I turned him down hoping I won't regret that later - but uncharacteristically not worried about it. At Target, BTW.

I haven't seen the episode yet and wouldn't know if I'd like to make even a small figure arrangement from it.

I know I'd rather have Echo, Fives, Heavy (they made him - think it's the guy I have), and Cut-Up, and I think there was one more - in their Clone Training Gear (with the Numbers on their chests).

Want to have that whole squad.

I guess I'm concerned that Hasbro will start Delta Squad and then not finish it.

It's like making First Season Picard and never making First Season Riker (Playmates).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.