Hybrid View

Article: Coming Soon!

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

At least 3 feet long (probably 4 - the Royal Starship was 3 feet long and will not accomodate Jabba!)

And no, we won't let Hasbro off the hook with a SW Transformer or Action Fleet style ship. I hope this is a serious effort for 2013, the 30th Anniversary of ROTJ.

Large Vehicles to date:

TPM - Royal Starship, MTT (needs a Republic Cruiser like Radiant VII)
    AOTC - AT-TE, Slave One, Republic Gunship (could use Republic Acclamator Class destroyer)
    ROTS - Turbo Tank, maybe you could count the ARC-170 (could use venerator class destroyer, Sep. crusr)
    ANH - Millennium Falcon, (could use blockade Runner, large sandcrawler with BADs, star destroyer)
    ESB - AT-AT, AT-ST, Slave One repaint coming, (could use the medical frigate)
    ROTJ - Imperial shuttle, AT-ST (could use the sail barge and Home One)

I wonder if the $250 price tag for the TRU Falcon is Hasbro testing the waters for the Sail Barge. I understand that retailers set prices, not Hasbro, but you can't help but think that Hasbro is going to be paying really close attention.

I'd have no problem paying $250 for a Sail Barge as long as it's gigantic.

"Coming Soon" is a tremendously underrated Queen song.

I notice it says "Fan Site Petition." Honestly, why do they need a petition? I'm not trying to be snarky here; if they've been paying attention to almost everything that almost everyone has said for over a decade, they know we want it. Heck, I'm hard-pressed to find figures I want anymore, and have practically no room, and I'd be hitting stores first thing every morning to get a Sail Barge.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh it's to get attention.

For a lot of different parties, hoping to benefit in different ways.

Might as well continue to be hated for seeing through every little thing. But I'm smart. I'm cynical. And Jesus was hated too, so I'm in great company.

Anyway, maybe I'll be a little less hated if I make this post politically correct. However, I didn't want anyone to think that I didn't understand what is going on.

So I'll address this from Hasbro's POV, as gently as I can.

The market is shrinking and they are losing a huge adult fan-following that supported their business whose enthusiasm originates from nostalgia.

That being said, Us "SW Generation One's" never had a sailbarge when we were kids. We *might* have the disposable incomes, or risk making a mortgage payment, losing a spouse in a divorce, or stay at home for many Saturday nights eating boxed noodles just to get our hands on this monument to fulfillment of our childhoods.

And with that, Hasbro gives us the Sailbarge because it is the one thing that will surely bring us back and into the game - or even bring out new Gen1's who decide to "only collect ROTJ Jabba stuff for the man-cave."

Anyway, they listened to us, and they pull out the last desperate measures, now at "the end." Meanwhile, they'll hook kids on a new beginning, because besides that game they play with the marbles or whatever (and the tiny, tiny little fgurines), Hasbro works with Lucasfilm and can influence the Sailbarge getting back into the Clone Wars 'toon. Maybe Savage and Darth Maul attack it or something? (tune in next week to learn of the next great marketing plan).

However, I think I speak for everyone, that this will work! I'm sold. And I'll come up with $250 or $300 and skip a bill here or there, or a concert or show I would have normally gone to. I want that Sailbarge.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.