Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm with Neuroleptic. I saw the MTT for the first time today. I got excited until I saw the back. Here are the action features: There's a flip down panel for battle droids to have coffee, a side ladder for battle droids to climb, a flip up missile turret that's EU, and a distributing droid rack which is the whole reason to make the MTT. All of this for 180 dollars. The "action features" is not worth the price. Now the BMF is back, and 100 dollars more expensive that the original. What exactly do you think a Sail Barge would cost? 500 dollars with no action features? For it to be worth buying, it could not have a scale where Jabbas head hits the the bottom of the deck. But that's the only way it would be affordable and cost effective for Hasbro to do. And thats not even including the weight of the "toy".

Secondly, you could submit Hasbro with a petition with a million signatures, and they wouldn't make it. Hasbro is a business and making the Sail Barge could potentially bankrupt them if it fails. Why would they risk it, especially with all the financial troubles around the world? They know that even if 100,000 people sign this petition, 100,000 people would not buy it if they had the opportunity.

It will take more than a petition with 100,000 signatures on it for Hasbro to even consider the idea. It would take a pre-production presale where full payments would need to be made before production even starts. The payments would have to be money orders only so no one could cancel there orders or demand a refund. The fans that are clamoring for this vehicle would be required to make an investment too, so Hasbro isn't the only one sticking their necks out. This petition is just that. fans demanding the Hasbro risk their very lively hood to appease a small minority of their consumer base, while fans get to sit back and "wait and see" if they will actually pay.

I think if you had a million people pledging to buy it, that'd probably convince Hasbro to pull the trigger. The risk is really about interest, if you got 1/300th of the US population to pay attention to the Sail Barge, that alone would tell Hasbro there's enough recognition of the item to warrant the risk.

I think at the $150 pricerange they could probably pull off a passable Sail Barge with a lift-off top or a fold-out design, all it really needs is 1 big chamber inside for Jabba - you can fit Jabba in the BMF and AT-AT interior, he's not terribly tall, only about 5-foot without his throne, and in the movie his head is near the ceiling of the barge anyway since he's on a throne - and space for some minions (that set is pretty tight in the movie, there's room for maybe a dozen characters), some stairs leading to the top, maybe a jail cell in the front ahead of those stairs, and some shutters. Everything else would be on the top surface - a big gun, 2 sails with lines, some railings (perhaps a few with break-away gimmick or something) and some railing-mounted guns, a Boba Fett spring-mounted launch platform, that's all fairly simple stuff and either very thin or plug-on accessories. Volume-wise, I'd say it shouldn't take up more space than the AT-AT body in height and length, and only a little more in width. All that should make it more appealing than the MTT, which I definitely agree is a limited execution, especially the "coffee break area". The only thing holding Hasbro back from making the sail barge is the belief that not enough of the audience is familiar with it and that it's not exciting enough to warrant a new mold, and they're probably not wrong.

Well, simple. Convince Disney to put it in Episode VII. Problem solved!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Well, simple. Convince Disney to put it in Episode VII. Problem solved!
    They put it in the Clone Wars movie and it didn't help.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It was only in TCW for like three seconds, and it would need a de-exploding feature in order to appear in Episode VII.

With the Disney partnership, I wonder if they will be able to do more Starspeeder-type items from other media now (in terms of being compatible with Hasbro's line but not made by Hasbro)? They could even put in a Jack Sparrow and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think if you had a million people pledging to buy it, that'd probably convince Hasbro to pull the trigger. The risk is really about interest, if you got 1/300th of the US population to pay attention to the Sail Barge, that alone would tell Hasbro there's enough recognition of the item to warrant the risk.
    The problem with interest is this, I would love to see them do a Sail Barge; but there is no way I'm buying one. And I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. I believe Hasbro knows this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    With the Disney partnership, I wonder if they will be able to do more Starspeeder-type items from other media now (in terms of being compatible with Hasbro's line but not made by Hasbro)? They could even put in a Jack Sparrow and call it good.
    Ugh, but then it would be Disney quality toys... For as much detail Disney puts in their movies and theme parks, they certainly cut corners on their toys.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It was only in TCW for like three seconds, and it would need a de-exploding feature in order to appear in Episode VII.
    It could just be a DIFFERENT sail barge in the movie, someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The problem with interest is this, I would love to see them do a Sail Barge; but there is no way I'm buying one. And I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. I believe Hasbro knows this as well.
    That obviously is a big problem. Why wouldn't you buy one?

Ugh, but then it would be Disney quality toys... For as much detail Disney puts in their movies and theme parks, they certainly cut corners on their toys.
    It's always different, actually, because Disney always uses different vendors for each item. I like the Starspeeder 1000/3000 we got even though it isn't quite Hasbro quality because it's also not Hasbro price.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That obviously is a big problem. Why wouldn't you buy one?
    Honestly, if it's not absolutely perfect, I don't want it and really don't have room for it. That being said, I have a feeling what I consider absolutely perfect would cost me a car payment.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-