Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    On the N-1, I always liked how the underside reminded me of a boat, and Naboo has a lot of water.

I think these ships could make water landings by design.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I took it as ceremonial ornateness taken to an absurd extreme where practicality started to suffer. Eh, to each his own.
    My point was meant to be that it's not just the Naboo royalty, it's EVERYTHING.
    http://www.artstormfineart.com/StarWars/SWPTLTD02XL.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oR7sYJzWZ1...opSnapz005.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CrlZ_hC-H5...-jar-book3.jpg
    How do you put those on? WHY do you put those on? How do you move in them? How do they lead in any way to Star Wars A New Hope? Why is Maul wearing feathers on a wire around his head?

As for the Naboo Fighters being boats, they'd sink immediately, all their weight is in the front.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

As for the Naboo Fighters being boats, they'd sink immediately, all their weight is in the front.
    Laughing out loud.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

OK, I've been scouring the news for Star Wars 7 info.

I don't have spoilers, so don't worry about what I'll post next. (with the caveat that I have some official cast search news - but not the character specific names - so we can speculate only).

First though, they asked a bunch of celebrities if they'd play in Star Wars:

Ewan McGreggor would like to come back. He said he pretty much wanted to keep continuity for Obi-Wan, and would play his spirit or Kenobi in a pre-ANH spot. [yes - there's no other serious choice -but having the real Obi-Wan come back!] To be Sir Alec Guiness' ghost Obi-Wan, make-up will have to make Ewan look much older. (over 20 years older than Ewan is)

Mila Kunis - not interested. Likes J.J. Abrams but is a huge Star TREK fan, especially of TNG she said. Mila would look for a role in a new Star TREK movie. She spoke in some very knowledgeable detail about Star Trek.

Interestingly enough from the current Star TREK cast:

Zoe Saldana (Lt. Uhura) said she'd love to play a role in a J.J. Abrams Star Wars movie. She's a big Star Wars (and obviously Star TREK) fan. She was excellent in Columbiana and as Uhura, and in Avatar. My thoughts are: if Zoe does not play a human or has a significantly different hair style, or portrays a different age character than Nyota Uhura, I could enjoy that. But Zoe's way Star Trek now, having taken a big supporting role.

Zach Quinto (Cmdr. Spock) - said he's already signed on to do Star Wars. He's playing an Ewok. He wants to try some different ears.

Chris Pine (Capt. Kirk) - interviewed with Quinto, said he's also signed on and he's playing the Millennium Falcon. Uh-huh.

Obviously the two Star Trek leads have plenty of experience messing around with J.J. Abrams' projects. And in spite of his voice fading out, and in contrast to rumors, I think Quinto said he's already signed to play Spock again. I know he really liked the last Trek movie (Into The Darkness).

Nicholas Cage is far more intellectual than I had expected. I think it would be great to put him and Kevin Smith in a room together and just let them talk about Star Wars. From what I heard from Cage, I think he'd be more appreciative of Star Trek, however.

Oh - the cast call news:

1) male actor in late teens. Based on Harrison, Carrie, and Mark's ages, this ought to be BEN SKYWALKER. However, speculation is strong that it's Jacen Solo because....

2) female actor in late teens. Ben could have a love interest?

3) female actor...there was not much description, like the age, but the requirement that she be physically fit - as was the requirement for all these characters.

4) another male actor in late teens. Now Anakin Solo is dead by the EU accounts, and he would've been over a decade older than Ben Skywalker anyway. This could be Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo's love interest - if Jaina is in her late teens. *** Now if Jaina (should be 32 by Carrie and Mark's age now) is 10 years younger, than Carrie will play Princess Leia in her late 40's while she's actually in or about to her 60's. Not sure about that one, unless Carrie is not prominently featured, which would be disappointing, because while I know the movie is primarily going to kick off adventures for the new younger generation (Jaina, Ben, Allanah?) it would be nice to use the original cast while we have them there. Mark (as Luke) especially. I suppose hair color can fix Harrison.

5) speaking of - male in his 70's who is sarcastic and experienced. Sounds like Han, before they may have confirmed Harrison returning in the role. But if Han is in his 70's, Jaina is definitely got to be in her 30's or late 20's.

And there were supposedly 7 cast descriptives, but I forgot the others.

I did hear that Ewan McGreggor speculated that the male in his 70's would be him (made to look older) as the ghost of Ben Kenobi. Ewan can't confirm that. He hasn't been asked. I'm a huge fan of his work, but in the stand-alone Vader, Solo, Fett, and Yoda movies that have been rumored, Ewan is better suited to playing the younger Obi-Wan, Clone Wars era or post-ROTS.

I'm fine with him playing Alec Guiness' Obi-Wan when he's a little older, but they can do wonders with makeup.

TheForce.net confirmed via Lucasfilm that the casting call is the real deal. These descriptions are so incredibly vague, but it has a wide range of ages, from two late-teen females to a 70-something male.

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.

Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.

A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.

Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.

A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.

Forty something male, fit, military type.

Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Nice to know that Hollywood is into fitness, rather than acting ability. Now, which one does CGI fix again?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Fitness, health, attractiveness are all qualities that cause other people to gravitate towards and appreciate individuals displaying those qualities.

Interesting as it relates to Star Wars, has there ever been a Hutt trained as a Jedi?

I might later experiment with writing for characters in my own books who are overweight and not capable of everything stereotypical heroism requires of them (Batman / Jedi style type stunts).

However, people can be heroic by being brave and being hackers or otherwise sterling researchers, in defiance of dangerous powers. Maybe Snowden and Assange are such people today? (Maybe)

In any event, they might be even more brave risking death or other punishment because if they complete their mission, they would not be able to fend off a SWAT or INTERPOL team sent to take them (or Sith or other enemies of the Jedi, provided a physically less capable character is a Jedi).

Come to think of it, Qui-Gon Jinn's alluded-as-an-old-girlfriend Tahl, who ran the Jedi Library before Jocasta Nu, had been blinded in the course of doing her duty. While she was physically fit and could sometimes "see through the Force," she was nevertheless disabled to a degree - physically.

But would a physically disabled person get to start out as a Jedi. I actually think "yes."

They could use the Force in many numerous ways instead of just for previewing physical acts against them and using martial arts skills (Tera Kasi, Jedi Arts, etc.) to overcome their adversaries.

I think it's interesting to write for them. As to whether there would be strong public acceptance? Probably not. For several things:

being physically UNfit is a health hazard that's dangerous and not something that would be good to promote.

That is different from providing a hero like others who lost their health to inspire them that they can contribute.

Even going that route with a central character could work.

However, the next Star Wars trilogy will focus on the Skywalker-Solo descendants of very physically fit characters. Would Han, Leia, or especially Luke encourage their next generation to be physically unhealthy or limited? Not off the cuff. Maybe if they were disabled. Tenel Ka (Jacen Solo's wife - if included in the movie at all) lost her arm in lightsaber training. However, as a Dathomirian Clan warrior in addition to Hapan Crown royalty, it's not in her nature to let herself go even though she refused a prosthetic droid arm.

I think that the main SW characters will not yield NOT-physically fit offspring.

Now if the Ice-Cream-Maker-Guy had a Force-sensitive child who was exposed to too much ice cream in their formative years...

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Nice to know that Hollywood is into fitness, rather than acting ability. Now, which one does CGI fix again?
    I dunno BCJ, have you seen the prequels? Some of that acting was "fixed" by CGI, and it's a magnum opus beloved by billions worldwide now, right? Oh, wait, the other one, "no".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Fitness, health, attractiveness are all qualities that cause other people to gravitate towards and appreciate individuals displaying those qualities.

Interesting as it relates to Star Wars, has there ever been a Hutt trained as a Jedi?

I might later experiment with writing for characters in my own books who are overweight and not capable of everything stereotypical heroism requires of them (Batman / Jedi style type stunts).

But would a physically disabled person get to start out as a Jedi. I actually think "yes."
    There were a couple Hutt Jedi in EU stories; I found those were poor plotlines.

Would Luke (or Vader) qualify for a handicapped spaceport parking pass, with his hand issue?
    "That's what Sheev said."