Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    TMZ posted 45 leaked photos from the Abu Dhabi shooting. Very mild SPOILERS follow...

There's a creature that's evidently a puppet of some kind and it has a comically enormous pig snout. It looks a little cartoony, but again, who knows how long it'll be onscreen. There's also an arch from McQuarrie's concept for the back door of Jabba's palace, which is very cool to see realized – and it seems to form a perimeter around a marketplace or shop of some kind. There are several human extras dressed in robes and rags, a little different in style but still with a distinct Tatooine feel to it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

My friend suggested that instead of Tatooine, it could be Hondo Ohnaka's base of operations on Florrum.

I doubt it, but that would be really cool.

Who knows how long Weequay live?

Also,

one of the new actresses might be Asajj Ventress!

The other, Gwendolyn Christie? - Mara Jade! (Yes I know the actress is about 30 years old).

Why Mara?

She can play young Mara AND made-up to look older, can play older Mara too. (Tween movies and E7 as Ben Skywalker's mom / Luke's wife).

I don't watch Game of Thrones, but it doesn't seem with Adam Driver, they need a high-profile actress as a female villain in addition to Driver's male villain.

If Christie plays a female heroine then, Mara Jade is a perfect choice. Another actress donated her red hair for a wig.

Gleason, who is surredly Luke's son and does NOT look like Mark Hamill, might look like his mother, Mara Jade.

OK - the EU might be rejected here and have no affect. But then Luke could have married a Gonk Droid or never had a son.

But I remember Lucas saying he planned for Luke to come full circle and be a better father than Darth Vader could be, and undo the damage by training his own son to be a real Jedi Knight.

If he has a son, why not name him "Herbert Skywalker?" - Oh "Ben Skywalker" makes logical sense? EU or not? Gleason's lead casting with red hair and a Tatooine Luke hair style? Then his mom could be a red head named ....Agatha Snuffulu***us? Or why not call her Mara Jade-Skywalker? Oh - that makes sense? (3 action figures later, too?)

So if JJ wants a continuous casting for Mara Jade, does he cast a 50-year old close to Mark Hamill's age and try and make her look like young Mara for a 'tween movie?

Or is it easier to cast a young actress from Game of Thrones who can pull off the lightsaber duels (the Game of Thrones star is a sword fighter) and make her up to look in her 50's when she's only 30, so he can have consistency in the role.

I thought Ian McDiarmid was 30-something when he played Palpatine in ROTJ at age 80 or something?

But I know, let's NOT use the EU and have Luke marry Treadwell and clone their child from JarJar with mixed cybernetic parts like Lobot.

That would make more sense.

Go Ben Skywalker and Mara Skywalker!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

SPOILER

Pictures of the Falcon set has been released today. Getting pretty pumped that they are using actual sets!
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

And now it's official, I've had to add a Spoiler tag to Metalmute's post, so now we are in Spoilerwatch mode. Please be conscious of other fans who may not want to read a spoiler by accident, so at the very least put some spoiler-space between the top of your post and the rest, and clearly mention that you have spoilers in there.

Speaking of SPOILERS...

The Falcon construction looked to be for the interior but appeared to have an exterior in process. There was also an X-wing being assembled, and it looked like maybe more than one.

The pig-snouted creature apparently runs, it's a 5-man puppet and has a man in each leg and another in the head.

---

--

-

I really appreciate their going to practicals for this, but I hope more than anything that they have a good script to back it up and Abrams doesn't try to Spielberg this thing like he so often does.

It'd be nice if there was a CGI'd city behind these practicals too, it looked too empty in these spy shots if there's nothing in the background.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

SPOILERS

Bad Robot tweeted a note from JJ that reads: "I wish people would stop leaking photos from Episode VII. And making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in this movie." Naturally it's resting on the dejarik table. This is a cool response to the leaks – and confirmation that, obviously, that isn't just a random YT-1300 being built.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And now it's official, I've had to add a Spoiler tag to Metalmute's post, so now we are in Spoilerwatch mode. Please be conscious of other fans who may not want to read a spoiler by accident, so at the very least put some spoiler-space between the top of your post and the rest, and clearly mention that you have spoilers in there.
    Sorry about that.
    It was all over the front page of yahoo and facebook so I didn't think anything of it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Sorry about that.
    It was all over the front page of yahoo and facebook so I didn't think anything of it.
    No apologies needed, it's not that you did anything wrong, I didn't mean to single you out, I was just using your post to point out where the line in Spoilers needs to be, that we've officially crossed into Spoilers territory.

Speaking of which...

SPOILERS

=== The X-wing-style ship(s) being built are full-size props and have a shorter nose fuselage and Z-95 Headhunter-style engines, so they're not X-wings technically, but they have clear visual lineage to them. ===
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, without posting this like a spoiler, in the EU Jaina has modified her personal ship
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT, to your point... SPOILERS...
    ===That actually seems to be based on Ralph McQuarrie's concept art for the X-wing. In the art, each side has one circular engine that split into two when the wings separate, unlike the OT's two engines per side. The shorter body of the ship is also similar. This is already the second McQuarrie-inspired element we've seen after the Tatooine archway. Given that Rebels is using McQuarrie's short-winged TIE design, you'd think the split-engine X-wing would be more likely to show up there as a predecessor to the ANH design, so it's interesting that it seems to be used as a successor here.===

Wouldn't it just be easier to create a separate E7 SPOILERS thread? I am usually one to keep a long thread going, but then you who like-a the spoilers can more conveniently post.

Just sayin'...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega