Who Wants Lando Back in the Movies? (I do!)

I want Lando (as played by BillyDee Williams) to return in one of the Star Wars sequels.

It's kind of cool that he's voicing Lando in the next episode of Rebels, but Lando is much younger (in his 20's) during the time that Rebels takes place.

Billy has a cool voice though. Maybe he can make himself sound 50 years younger?

However, I would like to see him play Lando on the big screen in Episode 8.

Much has been made to do about having a diverse cast - and a classic character cast, too.

This has nothing to do with any of that. Lando was always one of the coolest Star Wars characters. A gambler so successful, he won himself a whole city!

Yes, a ladies' man and suave while he's at it - but a great pilot (though if portrayed by the old EU story standards - his younger self won't be - another cool element they could do for Rebels, as Lando will at some point need to take his first steps to just LEARNING how to fly).

I'm sure Finn will be an interesting character, and maybe even a great Star Wars hero. And he fills out the diversity quota if that's an elephant in the room that begs talking about. (It does not.)

Lando, is just cool. I hope his younger self will be portrayed with a younger Han in the Solo stand alone film (pun unavoidable) and we'll see Chewie, Fett, Vader, Jabba, and maybe Bail Organa and kid-Leia, plus EU elements like girlfriend Bria Tharen and the Togorrians will be maintained. Those were great books!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

In my book, any Episode VII without Lando is just glorified fanfic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Star Wars key heroes are as follows:
    1. Luke
    2. Leia
    3. Han
    4. R2
    5. Chewie
    6. Lando
    7. Ben
    8. Threepio
    9. Wedge
    10.Willrow Hood (J/K... maybe Yoda)

As long as he still has interest in the role (it certainly appears that way), you know the fan base sure does.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Who is really going to say no? Maybe he hasn't been announced to keep his involvement secret or maybe he's being saved for the next film.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Maybe he hasn't been announced to keep his involvement secret or maybe he's being saved for the next film.
    Spoiler alert: Lando's brain has been put in the body of BB-8! "Well, hello; how do we roll here?"
    "That's what Sheev said."

And...Lando's episode on Rebels was excellent. Billy Dee still has the voice and characterization. I hope he finds his way back into the series again.