Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Hasbro could make action figures of the Little Mouseketeers, and then we can pretend they grow up, become drug addicts and teenage parents, and not wear panties under their skirts while they get DUIs.

Accessories could include breathalizer tests and class 2 vehicles would include police cars, plus at Christmas time we'll get a Detox playset!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Zack Snyder and Quentin Tarantino have, thankfully, both denied being interested in directing the new films. I find both directors to have their heads too far up their own butts and too concerned with slick style to be good fits for the series, so I'm very glad for this.

Steven Spielberg has also said he doesn't want to do it. It would have been interesting to see his take on it, but Spielberg isn't exactly in the "new generation of filmmakers" that George described wanting to work on the films.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I dunno. I'm imagining a bounty hunter-based movie by Tarantino, and it could totally work.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I dunno. I'm imagining a bounty hunter-based movie by Tarantino, and it could totally work.
    Damn. You were THIS close to making a "Jango Unchained" joke. Better luck next time.

Michael Arndt is apparently writing the script.

The good news with Disney taking over is that when Lucas says, " I think Anakin should say Yippee." Disney will reply, "George, I don't think Yippee is a good word. We have multiple theme parks and have yet to hear a child user that word."
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yup, Michael Arndt was just confirmed as the writer for Episode VII! He's an Oscar-winning writer (who has written some great stuff) and a Star Wars expert. Very cool.

I hope they get Michael Bay as the director. Seriously. I really would like to work with him on my own stories.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I might actually boycott the movie if they picked Michael Bay to direct it. Besides isn't he busy with Transformers 4?

I hope they pick a relative unknown who is talented, but is not going to require a big chunk of the film's budget just to pay his salary.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I seriously doubt they would pick Michael Bay - and yes, he is working on Transformers 4, which is coming out in 2014.

In a Francis Ford-Coppola Star Wars movie, Jagged Fel is trying to hide from his fiance, Jaina Solo, the fact that his father Soontir Fel still runs the family (Empire) business.

When an assasination attempt on Soontir Fel by the Yuuzhan Vong fails, Jagged steps up to take control of the family business.

He cuts off a vornskr's head and Supreme Overlord Shimrra wakes up with its head in his bed.

Anyway, this sends a message to the Yuuzhan Vong.

But Emperor Soontir Fel has a heart-attack and dies alone, falling in his spice garden (and gets eaten by the spiders).

So Jagged orders fly-by shootings of Vong ships by TIE Fighters and the war goes on.

Jaina marries him but later feels it's a mistake, but they have a child now, and Jagged wants their son to grow up to be a powerful Emperor like his dad. Plus the son will have The Force, thanks to his mom.

But these other guys in the Emperor's inner circle want to make trade deals with the Vong and Fel resists that temptation for dangerously made profits.

So a hit is set up and this inadvertently positions Jaina Fel to take over and lead the Empire until her son is old enough to assume the Imperial throne.

Sad Italian music is played throughout this piece - indeed composed by John Williams though.