Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Han and Leia's kids might not even be named Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina. I wouldn't put it past Lucas.

However, if they slap everyone in the face like that, there might be enough outrage to get it changed.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yes Darth Metalmute, I think there might be an outrage.

Jacen and Jaina Solo, as well as Luke's eventual love interest Mara Jade, were created by "not just any author," but Timothy Zhan in HTTE and the 1991 rebirth of Star Wars after the dark times.

He named the capitol world Coruscant and that stayed for the movies as well.

Also Jacen and Jaina Solo are cool sounding names.

Harvey and Esmerelda Solo are probably not, to most people anyway.

Han and Leia would likely have kids, especially if Harrison and Carrie are reprising their roles as a married couple. (Though there would be a role for a domestic counselor in these pictures with this couple, wouldn't there?)

Anakin Solo was created for Dark Horse comics - and killed off first, since Lucas didn't want books with "an Anakin" out at the same time in PT and OT eras.

Leia named Anakin after her real father as a statement of finally forgiving him and announcing her hope that her son would redeem the name (even if the last name was Solo instead of Skywalker). While that makes sense and the youngest brother was an awesome character in the books (especially the Force Heretic series), having a whole Solo clan running around isn't necessary for a tight story.

And if Han is about 70 and Leia about 60, and she had kids in her later 20's like many do, the kids would now be in their 30's or late 20's.

Luke is supposed to be training a padawan in this movie series according to what George Lucas said. Luke is now surpassing Obi-Wan, who lost his apprentice to the Dark Side. (So hopefully there won't be a repeat of Luke losing his under-study to black armor fashion since it's been done before.)

Luke's apprentices included a whole mix of Force-sensitives,

but Jacen Solo and later Ben Skywalker, seemed to be the ones who followed him most closely.

Mara Jade trained Jaina Solo later on.

Now Ben Skywalker could be 15 years younger than any living member of the Solo Twins.

It could be like Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker in TPM for the first movie, but for the ages of:

LUKE, JAINA, and BEN SKYWALKER.

But I think they'll all have to be a little older than 60, 24, and 9 respectively, and more like 59, 32, and 17 exactly.

So no, Ben Skywalker will not be a little kid saying "Wizards!"

I think this age range works:

Han - 69
    Luke - 59
    Jaina - 32
    Ben - 17

If Alanah Solo is in this, she'd be what, about 8? Jaina's going to have to apprentice her since her folks could be getting too old to take care of a pre-teen grand-daughter.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

ComicBookMovie posted a very interesting video with actor Jason Flemyng, who frequently works with Matthew Vaughn. The talk turns to Star Wars at 1:10, where the reporter asks him about having spoken to Vaughn about Star Wars and he says, "Me and Matt have done nine films together so I'm sure I'll get the call for Star Wars..." When they ask if Vaughn is interested, he gives an "oops" expression and plays up that Vaughn is interested in the deal, but clearly his manner indicates that Matthew Vaughn is at the very least being seriously considered if not already chosen. I'll probably watch X-Men: First Class this weekend thanks to HBO, but I've only heard good things about it, so this could be very cool. (I thought Kick-*** was good but I had issues with the story, which obviously is not Vaughn's fault.)

The reason for him backing out of directing X-Men: Days of Future Past was so that he could work on a project of his own, which seemed to end the speculation of him being the director, but this makes it sound very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    He has barely written anything that's been seen, he wrote Little Miss Sunshine (I have no comment as I haven't seen it) and then the screenplay to Toy Story 3 which was flat and lacking in nuance and emotion, and nothing else that's hit the screen yet. He's slated to be the writer on the next Hunger Games movie, the Phineas & Ferb movie, and an untitled Pixar movie, and he's one of many writers on a sci-fi film coming next year. But he has virtually nothing under his belt, I'm surprised they're giving him such an important task.
    You didn't like the script for Toy Story 3? You're one of the few; I imagine Armond White will be pleased to hear he's not alone after all. They probably looked into the scripts that he's completed already, but remember that Kasdan had hardly written anything when he did ESB and Lucas wants to pass it on to a new generation of filmmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    Han and Leia's kids might not even be named Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina. I wouldn't put it past Lucas.

However, if they slap everyone in the face like that, there might be enough outrage to get it changed.
    Get used to the fact that the movies aren't going to follow the EU at all. If they do take elements from the novels or comics as The Clone Wars does, it can be a pleasant surprise for you, but it's probably not going to happen.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Until Legacy, I was one of the biggest proponents of the EU.

Now, I think it's time to retire most of it. It can remain in a sort of "pre-Crisis" type of alternate universe, but it leaves no room for new movies.

As long as they can shoehorn Mara Jade in somehow (preferably played by Kelly MacDonald), I'll be happy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, She looks alright as Mara Jade Skywalker.

JabbaJohn, I reserve the right to complain about every contradiction to my precious Expanded Universe.

Just out of curiousity, how would you feel in the event that they kept with it - and with the current OT cast age, had Jacen and Anakin DEAD (er..not in the movie) and Jaina Solo and niece Alanah Solo, with cousin Ben Skywalker as Luke and Mara's son and apprentice - and maybe we saw some Yuuzhan Vong brought to life on the screen - kind of creepy with living creatures all over them, like Davey Jones in POTC2?

The living things on the Vong would be their armor though - Vondom Crab armor - whatever that is. I think you step on a creature and it vacuforms around your foot and shin to form your armored shin gauntlet and boot.

Other stuff is like a thin blob you don, and another parasitic creature forms your chest armor while it feeds off the blob.

The cod piece is....well really painful but the Vong are into that....

And they cut off their face parts etc, so it will also kind of look like The Walking Dead meets Star Wars. Jaina will use her lightsaber like Michonne uses her sword.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Get used to the fact that the movies aren't going to follow the EU at all. If they do take elements from the novels or comics as The Clone Wars does, it can be a pleasant surprise for you, but it's probably not going to happen.
    There's always an alternative to the "get used to it" philosophy. You don't have to accept what has been presented before you, you can always just ignore the sequel trilogies existence. I know a lot of people who have done just that to the prequel trilogy.

That being said, if anyone would implement the current EU into the new trilogies, it would be Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Until Legacy, I was one of the biggest proponents of the EU.

Now, I think it's time to retire most of it. It can remain in a sort of "pre-Crisis" type of alternate universe, but it leaves no room for new movies.

As long as they can shoehorn Mara Jade in somehow (preferably played by Kelly MacDonald), I'll be happy.
    I'm okay with them changing the EU storyline, you pretty much have to unless the new trilogy is the Thrawn trilogy. However, it's the simple, easy things that would tick me off. Like if they named Solo's children Edward and Bella instead of Jaina and Jacen. To them, the names of the children mean nothing. To us however, they possibly mean the world.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I wanted to make a cameo to say how excited I am about this news, and how it has re-invigorated my love of the Star Wars movies after the prequels left me deflated and jaded.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Welcome back, QLD! Bringing back the fans is the TRUE Disney magic.

I agree with Chuxter's "Crisis" metaphor. The EU stories do exist, as well as the readers' memories of them, but they can be replaced by a new "universe" if the films are strong stories.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post

I'm okay with them changing the EU storyline, you pretty much have to unless the new trilogy is the Thrawn trilogy.
    The Thrawn Trilogy is impossible to do with

Mark - whereas Luke would have to be 28 years old
    Carrie - whereas Leia would have to be 28 years old too
    Harrison - where Han would be 38.

Both actors playing the Skywalker twins are in their 60's and 50's respectively.

Harrison is close to 70!

Most people do not want to see the OT characters re-cast.

And if they do the movie flashback style with old and young actors both playing the roles, it would be the very first time Star Wars ever does that.

Every SW movie takes place within about a week of the lives of the characters.

If they lasted any longer, they'd have had to cast at least several more actors to keep up with Lando's girlfriends!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Thrawn Trilogy is impossible to do with

Mark - whereas Luke would have to be 28 years old
    Carrie - whereas Leia would have to be 28 years old too
    Harrison - where Han would be 38.

Both actors playing the Skywalker twins are in their 60's and 50's respectively.

Harrison is close to 70!
    Age hasn't stopped Disney in the past. If they really, really wanted to go that route with Star Wars I could easily see them trying to pull another "Tron: Legacy" on us.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection