Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    "J.J. Abrams Set to Ruin Next 'Star Wars' Film " - there, fixed it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I can't wait to see the lens flares on the lightsabers!
    That's nothing. Wait till you see the lens flares on C-3PO. It'll put the Griswold house during Christmas time to shame.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    "J.J. Abrams Set to Ruin Next 'Star Wars' Film " - there, fixed it.
    I haven't seen his Star Trek, but weren't your issues with it mostly due to the script (written by those hack turds Kurtzman and Orci)?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I haven't seen his Star Trek, but weren't your issues with it mostly due to the script (written by those hack turds Kurtzman and Orci)?
    No, while the script is horribly thin and woefully derivative of Star Wars, the movie is also ineptly acted and directed IMO, and Abrams wasn't just director, he was the driving vision behind the film, he inspired the wonky set design and cinematography, approved the awful look of the JJA Enterprise, and demanded MORE LENS FLARES. I kid you not.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Please don't let it be Super 8 in space!

Please don't let it be Alias seasons 3 through 5 in space!

Please don't let it be Regarding Henry in space!

This is fun. There's a ton of JJ Abrams hacky garbage that could fit here.

Please don't let it be Star Trek in space! ... oh.

and demanded MORE LENS FLARES. I kid you not.
    I think lens flares are the new "night" for special effects films. It used to be that filmmakers preferred to shoot special effects heavy sequences at night to help cover up the flaws in the effects. Now they can just do that with computer generated lens flares.

One thing I really dislike about Abrams is his design sense. I really was not a fan of the 2009 Enterprise redesign (even though I liked the overall movie) and the aliens designed for his films just feel like random collections of limbs and mouths. So I'm just hoping that we don't get aliens that looks like they belong in Cloverfield or Super 8, instead of Star Wars.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think Abrams wanted lens flares to feel stylistically like a real thing, but flashier too. There certainly was no need to cover up anything in shots of people running around those black and white hallways, after all, yet they actually added more lens flares to those shots too.

Totally agree with the design sense thing, the aliens and creatures in New Coke Trek really are just out to lunch things - the little green guy who pals around with Scotty and has eyes that are sticks in sockets and he looks all rocky, what the hell was that?!? And don't get me started on their "hot rod" Enterprise, that has to be the cruelest joke ever played on a Trekkie like me.

I liked the new Star Trek film a lot more than I liked episodes I and II so I'm willing to give him a shot. If the story and maybe some actual decent dialogue, which would be rare in Star Wars films, are there, then I have high hopes.

I think Abrams wanted lens flares to feel stylistically like a real thing, but flashier too. There certainly was no need to cover up anything in shots of people running around those black and white hallways, after all, yet they actually added more lens flares to those shots too.
    It was to show what a bright future we could have despite a whole planet being destroyed, tons of Starfleet personnel being killed and starships destroyed, and the flagship of the fleet being run by a bunch of slapstick cadets.

http://io9.com/5230278/jj-abrams-adm...are-ridiculous

I keep hoping for an announcement that he won't be touching Star Wars. But, I also kept hoping for an announcement that the Star Trek sequel would be canceled, so...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"