Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Keri Russell is 37 this year, seems kinda old for the character. Carrie Fisher is just 20 years older than her, seems a stretch to play the character.

Speaking of Carrie Fisher, I just posted an article where she's confirmed to be returning to the saga for the new films.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Speaking of Carrie Fisher, I just posted an article where she's confirmed to be returning to the saga for the new films.
    And I just learned that Carrie Fisher's sister Tricia Fisher starred in Bio-Man, Saban's television pilot from the 1980's that was the precursor/TV pitch for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Mark Dacascos as Victor Lee
    Miguel Nuñez as Zack Talor (Miguel Núñez Jr. later)
    Tricia Fisher as Trini Crystal (Tricia Leight Fisher later)
    Rebecca Staples as Kimberly Harte
    Tom Silardi as Billy Cranston
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I didn't know Keri Russell was that old. Who else could be cast as Jaina? About 30 years old.

What about Ashley Judd?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

In this Businessweek article, which is pretty interesting, Lucas drops this line:
    Asked whether members of the original Star Wars cast will appear in Episode VII and if he called them before the deal closed to keep them informed, Lucas says, “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ” He pauses. “Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” Then he adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”
    So they started signing them before the Disney deal? Despite the backtrack, this seems like pretty damn good confirmation of their involvement!

Tycho, Ashley Judd turns 45 this year.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I didn't know Keri Russell was that old. Who else could be cast as Jaina? About 30 years old.

What about Ashley Judd?
    You could get Ashley Judd to play a 60 year old Ahsoka Tano.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    And I just learned that Carrie Fisher's sister Tricia Fisher starred in Bio-Man, Saban's television pilot from the 1980's that was the precursor/TV pitch for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
    Half sister, and I had no idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    In this Businessweek article, which is pretty interesting, Lucas drops this line:

So they started signing them before the Disney deal? Despite the backtrack, this seems like pretty damn good confirmation of their involvement!

Tycho, Ashley Judd turns 45 this year.
    I was going to say the same of Judd, you beat me to that.

I think you're misinterpreting that article, he was saying that Disney was negotiating with the stars DURING the Lucasfilm deal but before it was finalized.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    You can take your pick from this list:
    http://www.imdb.com/list/_AnnWeh7apQ/

Most of them are in their early 20s. I would think you would want her to be a few years younger than 30, this way she's not approaching 40 by the time Ep9 comes out.

Phoebe Tonkin might have the look you are wanting. Personally, I'd really like to see Saoirse Ronan (Atonement, The Lovely Bones, Hanna) in a Star Wars film.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes. Phoebe Tonkin is perfect. She looks like she could be related to Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher. Obviously, Jaina Fel (Solo) would be.

I think I mentioned this to someone else.

Another true test of whether the Exp. Universe is truly in play is whether we'll see Peter Meyhew cast as Chewbacca.

Note, if they wanted to give Peter work, he could play a different tall character. Chewie's had 4 movies.

Billy Dee Williams (as Lando) has only had 2 - though I don't know if there would be a role for Lando in sequel stories.

Dennis Lawson as Wedge? Possibly because Jaina wanted so much to be a pilot like her father.

But I really think these new movies will be about the new cast: Jaina, Ben Skywalker, Allanah Solo.

As to casting Jaina in her later 20's so the actress can play her through her 30's?

Of course that's a good idea. Carrie Fisher was 17 when cast as the 19 year old Princess Leia who we saw have 4 birthdays during the Star Wars movies (Leia was 23 in ROTJ) and Carrie was 22 when she played the 23 year old Leia for ROTJ I believe.

Jaina Fel (Solo) may not be the focal point character of Episodes 7,8,9. However.

Her largest role might be in Episode 7, and Ben Skywalker (training with his father Jedi Master Luke) would probably see more action in Episode 8 and 9, especially since he's the right age for a character to grow up into a Jedi (or Sith). Ben will be almost 20 but still an apprentice when we meet him in Episode 7. Jaina will already be a vetted Jedi (Imperial) Knight and should be married to Jagged Fel, a "benevolent" Empire being reinforced on the Outer Rim to be ran by their descendants, Emperor Roan Fel and Princess Marisiah Fel in three more generations - and I've noted that Dark Horse is continuing the comics with that story line about Ania Solo - a girl Jedi descended from Jaina's brother's line (and not Imperial).

In any event, Allanah Solo (Han and Leia's grand-daughter, Jacen Solo's daughter with Tenel Ka) will be 8 or 9 years old in Episode 7, and may become a "Hunger Games age" teenager like Katniss Everdeen during by the time Episode 9 concludes.

Duh. It's a pandering to popularity move (with strong female characters - and younger ones for the teen audience) and different from a young MALE Jedi (Anakin or Luke - though now we'll also have Ben) being a Star Wars movie focal point.

It will remain to be seen whether Allanah Solo (Ania Solo's eventual grandmother) will fall in love with both a vampire and a werewolf - but Dannik Jerico and Lak Sivrak could feasibly be returning characters then. (and they've started a boy-band since the last time we saw them in the Mos Eisley Cantina).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Read an article how Disney is looking to do stand-alone SW films, perhaps centered around mainly one character, like the formula of the Marvel heroes films.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Read an article how Disney is looking to do stand-alone SW films, perhaps centered around mainly one character, like the formula of the Marvel heroes films.
    They officially announced two of them several weeks ago. Lawrence Kasdan is writing one, Simon Kinberg is writing another.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram