Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that John Williams will score Episode VII! From the unofficial news that made it out of the panel, it sounds like he'll be working on all three in the trilogy. This news has me as giddy as Salacious Crumb. Giacchino could have potentially made a good choice, and I wonder if he'll still score one of the spin-off movies or something, but Williams is pretty integral to Star Wars, so I'm very excited.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

After the prequels, I dunno if I'm excited anymore. I'm not sure if the scores to the prequels was off because Williams just no longer as the magic, or if he was representing the different flavor of the prequels, but there were many scenes in the prequels that could have used more of the classic SW feel and instead went with Harry Potter-esque tones.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Glad to hear that Williams is on board. I don't think its a SW movie without him. He did some great work on the prequels. My only complaint with his prequel work was that he seemed like he was trying to establish the emotion of every scene with music, when alot of times it wasn't necessary. IMO its a case of where less would've been more.

AOTC was a bit weak, but not awful; TPM and particularly ROTS more than made up for that one, though, IMHO.

Still, if they're bringing him onboard for a trilogy, I hope he can finish it. Not being pessimistic (any John Williams is good in my book, except maybe Heartbeeps or Sleepers), but the guy is 81.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hated the fact that The final duel with Dooku in ROTS has no background music at all.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Maybe this will lead to some unreleased music being sold, instead of reruns in new packaging. Huh, HUH! whatever-company-owns-Star-Wars-music-now?!?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

There were no other Episode VII-related announcements at the rest of CEII, but Mark Hamill had this to say at his panel:
    “They’re working on the new movies and I hope to be a part of it,” Hamill says. Big applause. “If they’re going to do this thing, how can I miss out on something that exciting?”
    I was thinking they'd at least confirm his and Carrie's involvement, but not so. Still, this is pretty good on its own. D23 is in two weeks, and while the official line is that it's mostly going to be a retrospective to bring Disney fans into the SW universe, I bet they'll reveal something there.

The Star Wars Underworld tweeted that Mark Hamill voiced a "Darth something" on The Clone Wars, though the official recap left that part out. If true, I would really like to see it finished for the bonus content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    There were no other Episode VII-related announcements at the rest of CEII, but Mark Hamill had this to say at his panel:

I was thinking they'd at least confirm his and Carrie's involvement, but not so. Still, this is pretty good on its own. D23 is in two weeks, and while the official line is that it's mostly going to be a retrospective to bring Disney fans into the SW universe, I bet they'll reveal something there.

The Star Wars Underworld tweeted that Mark Hamill voiced a "Darth something" on The Clone Wars, though the official recap left that part out. If true, I would really like to see it finished for the bonus content.
    It was Darth Ko-jer, if I remember right: a maniacally-laughing villain with green hair.

I am still wondering if there will be any E-VII script announcements.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I loved "Across the Stars" from AOTC. Great tragic theme.

There was no music when Vader fought Obi-Wan on the Death Star - and for a large part of the duel on Bespin.

The Dooku duel at the beginning of ROTS also did not have any music IIRC.

I loved the incorporation of the original tragic Force theme when Anakin gets on to Owen's bike to search for his mother, also in AOTC.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am still wondering if there will be any E-VII script announcements.
    Kennedy said they're still going over the story for now. Probably best that they take the time to get it right.