Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...191429476.html

I saw this and took the official part of the news article about the documenting the chronology to "canonize" select Expanded Universe to be interesting.

While Bea Arthur's character won't be referred to, Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker stand a pretty good chance.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Jesse Plemons is the latest name in the casting rumor parade - if Luke ends up having a son, I think he'd be a great choice to play him.

[BREAKING BAD SPOILERS]And he would take after his grandfather with his penchant for killing younglings, so that works, too. [/BREAKING BAD SPOILERS]
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Gary Oldman in Episode VII?

Unless this is total baloney, it looks like he's been asked. I believe this would officially make him King of the Geeky Roles, with him appearing in major roles in Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batman, Planet of the Apes, Dracula, and The Fifth Element.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Would his character be a very old man? I think he should be a bounty hunter with a heart of gold; right in between his heroic/villainous roles.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Filming has officially begun! There's some sand on the clapboard, and the official Star Wars Twitter posted a photo of Pinewood Studios as well, so perhaps they're filming an indoor Tatooine scene? The first day of principal photography just so happens to be the 12th anniversary of AOTC's release. May the Force be with them.

Oh. Great. Tatooine gets to appear in another Star Wars movie. Again.

For those of us hoping for fresh, new ideas, this is NOT a promising start.

Luke: "If you're looking for the bright center of the universe... basically here it is."
    Threepio: "I figured so, sir. What with Jabba, and the Chosen One, and Han Solo, and Chalman's Cantina, plus the Boonta Eve pod racing and wild bantha herds..."
    R2: "Beep bop bedeep!" [Yeah, we know already!]

Interesting bit:

There's been pick-up on the more reliable spec sites like JediNews, that Jacen Solo IS in the movie.

He has turned to the Dark Side and they have to rescue him from himself.

It is a very small role and bigger in Episode 8.

Adam Driver is NOT playing Jacen Solo, and it is an actor they are keeping secret for now - and not a principle character in E7 - as I just stated.

Daisy Ridley IS playing Jaina Solo and will be a principle "b-character" in E7 and so-on, but 2nd to Han, Leia, and Luke.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Interesting bit:

There's been pick-up on the more reliable spec sites like JediNews, that Jacen Solo IS in the movie.

He has turned to the Dark Side and they have to rescue him from himself.

It is a very small role and bigger in Episode 8.

Adam Driver is NOT playing Jacen Solo, and it is an actor they are keeping secret for now - and not a principle character in E7 - as I just stated.

Daisy Ridley IS playing Jaina Solo and will be a principle "b-character" in E7 and so-on, but 2nd to Han, Leia, and Luke.
    I'd say "don't get your hopes up," but it would appear to be too late. And JediNews just sort of aggregates every piece of information they can find, which is nice and comprehensive, but I don't know how reliable they'll end up being.

Anyway, J.J. Abrams' video confirms Abu Dhabi for location shooting (the clapboard photo was also geotagged there, it was discovered) and shows a marketplace and new alien. It definitely looks like Tera Sinube, but without a beak or tail so it's presumably an altogether new species, which is exciting. The puppetry and costume look very intricate and interesting and I wonder if this will just be a background character – it's designed to be mobile, so it will at least be walking in a shot. Hasbro, I want this figure already, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Hasbro, I want this figure already, dammit!
    A J.J. Abrams stormtrooper with removable helmet?