Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Maybe this partially explains why the last two Celebrations were in Orlando, particularly since Lucas attended. There are sure to have been ongoing negotiations for at least a couple of months.

The more I think about it, the more the Clone Wars series seems likelier to end sooner than later on Cartoon Network. The show has been building towards an end that might now be hastened. Disney will probably prefer a Star Wars show be on its own channel.

The empire grows...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails disney star wars.jpg  

I don't know what to think about this... Wait a minute, is it April 1st? Is there some Halloween version of April 1st?

If they release a movie every 2-3 years, does this mean we are 10-15 years away from seeing Cade Skywalker on the big screen? I don't want to live in that world.

How long before Ewoks get added to Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    My friend texted me the news about two hours ago, and I was in complete shock upon first hearing it. I'm one who thinks the story works perfectly as it is, in six films - the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker - and with Lucas saying he would never make more, or allow others to make more, I was sure it would stay that way.
    This is what I felt with Pirates of the Caribbean, and Disney made a 4th movie that was barely connected in tone or character to the originals and I fear future movies would be more like that than this. The OT worked because it was specifically designed to work as such. The prequels worked because fanboys wanted to see that story that was meant to be hinted at and not shown told, and it tied into what we knew. But there was never an Ep 7 and beyond, Star Wars literally was built to end with the Death Star dying and the Emperor defeated by the Jedi, it's in the original ANH treatments before Lucas spread them out. So now they need to go off on new tangents based on fragments of ideas.
    But my mind is still reeling - there are SO many possibilities and angles to cover, and now I'm getting quite excited about many of them. The best thought about how this can turn out very, very well is to look at how Disney is handling Marvel and, particularly, The Avengers, which is my favorite film of the year. Does this possibly mean we could get Joss Whedon, or - especially since Kathleen Kennedy is so high up in Lucasfilm - Steven Spielberg to take a crack at one of these?! Will Disney be able to fund the live-action TV show? With the 3D re-releases leading up to Episode VII, will the new trilogy premiere in 3D? Most importantly, where will I put three more shelves?
    Oh ye of significant faith.
    I saw this in one of my comic strips and it's awesome: http://chainsawsuit.com/2012/10/31/happy-halloween/

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Luke played by Mark Hamill I hope. Will Disney trash my beloved EU? - probably but I hope not. With Jacen Solo as his Padawan, this could fly.
    Hamill has been looking a bit unwell lately, I don't know if he'd be able to pull it together for a big action film now, he's older and rounder and saggier.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Attachment 26727

This is the new status quo.
    Were that the worst possibility, I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Maybe this partially explains why the last two Celebrations were in Orlando, particularly since Lucas attended. There are sure to have been ongoing negotiations for at least a couple of months.
    I doubt this buyout was the chief motivator there, or Lucas would have done one near Disneyland or at least near Burbank where Disney is headquartered. He wouldn't have invested his own money in 3D theatrical releases either.

The more I think about it, the more the Clone Wars series seems likelier to end sooner than later on Cartoon Network. The show has been building towards an end that might now be hastened. Disney will probably prefer a Star Wars show be on its own channel.
    Totally likely, Cartoon Network is co-owner on Clone Wars, hence the Warner Bros distribution of the Clone Wars movie. So after Detours, the next cartoon will likely be on Disney XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I don't know what to think about this... Wait a minute, is it April 1st? Is there some Halloween version of April 1st?
    That was the first thing I thought as well when I saw the headlines.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.