Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Haven't thought about the Magnaguard in a long time. I think it'd need a redesign on the removable helmet piece and the cloth cloak, the helmet piece was hard to work with and the cloak didn't fit the way it was supposed to. Also, better accessories, but not a bad callback.
    I didn't have those problems with the figure but I remember that others did. Most of the figure is fine, though, so I would be happy with or without the tweaks.

On the AOTC Clone, I agree, but I'd like to see them use that body with a newly-designed ROTS clone helmet as well, and PUT A SPACER IN THE TOP OF BOTH HELMETS! They sit too far down on the head which makes them look worse than they are.
    True, they definitely need a new ROTS helmet. I spoke to Derryl about this at CVI, though I dunno if it will be changed. Also I've had no issues moving the AOTC helmets up slightly and having them look much better, but a spacer would be welcome too.

I'm afraid you're changing so much on that Luke saber-building figure that it'd be a new item, and I agree with all of it.
    They could just use the head from the Endor Capture version so there would be no new tooling, though they would probably have to modify something to that it could sit a little better (the Endor Capture figure seems to have a shallower hole in his head).

So, you have no problem with the Tri Droid figure being the wrong representation, actually representing the giant droid instead of the human-sized one?
    I forgot about the issue on this one, but are the differences really that noticeable? The only thing I can see easily is the fact that the feet shouldn't have the claws in the back, but I can overlook that since it seems necessary to letting the figure stand at all. Wookieepedia's reference isn't very good on this one, so it's hard to tell - the droids are barely in the film anyway so I'm not too worried it.

I'm personally not caring much, but the Magnaguard would make sense to re-release in all the different color schemes. I'm surprised it's been "buried" the way it has. It's one of the cooler designs, and the variant colors scream for straight-up repaints.

The Battle Droid would make sense to re-release in all its myriad colors, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Aye, you are correct, sir. They're doing the Geonosis maroon in the first wave of LC next year, but I still want to see:
    *Commander - In both tan and maroon. The figure already has the commander's antenna, so why not?
    *Pilot - The poor blue pilots haven't seen enough release. There's a limited-articulation one coming in a Class I ship in 2013, but a fully articulated one would be ideal.
    *Security - There hasn't been a single carded one since the POTJ days - the second and most recent release was as part of a 2006 Sith Lord Attack battle pack - and it's one of the most prominent designs in both TPM and ROTS (and I only have one!).

Hopefully these will all be released as carry-forwards or in sets. I would prefer one that can hold the blaster properly, but the current one is pretty awesome otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    It's hard to explain indifference. I care so little about those characters that I can barely maintain the interest necessary to explain why I care so little about that those characters. It's like trying to explain why I don't care about a product that I've never used or a food that I've never tasted. When forced to think about them, my mind flatlines because I have no experiences to draw from and that doesn't bother me at all.

It's like when you are channel-surfing. All of those TV programs that you flip past, because you have disregarded any possible interest in the subject matter based on about 2 seconds of film footage - that's indifference. Jaina and Jacen Solo are the channel on the TV that I flip past, while trying to find something that I'm interested in, and all the time not even sparing a thought as to why I'm not interested in what I've just seen.
    Good job, well said. I feel similarly about the Solo kids, but less eloquently so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I didn't have those problems with the figure but I remember that others did. Most of the figure is fine, though, so I would be happy with or without the tweaks.
    The hat issue is universal, it's a design and materials issue, are you sure you didn't rework it? The cut & sew on the costume simply hangs off the shoulder, doesn't wrap around either. When was the last time you saw that figure? Perhaps it's rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia?

True, they definitely need a new ROTS helmet. I spoke to Derryl about this at CVI, though I dunno if it will be changed. Also I've had no issues moving the AOTC helmets up slightly and having them look much better, but a spacer would be welcome too.
    I have no issue moving the helmet either, but with a spacer it'd look good in package which would help allay the majority of complaints about it. Not only do we have carded collectors out there unhappy with the packaged look - the helmet sitting too low - but also casual consumers who may not be aware that it's easily adjustable and just leave for looking wrong.

They could just use the head from the Endor Capture version so there would be no new tooling, though they would probably have to modify something to that it could sit a little better (the Endor Capture figure seems to have a shallower hole in his head).
    The torso on the Endor Capture figure is different, I wasn't even aware the heads were swappable, but that's probably why it'd have a shallower cavity. I forgot that the saber-building figure had its hair mirrored, otherwise it'd be keeping rather than mucking with.

I forgot about the issue on this one, but are the differences really that noticeable? The only thing I can see easily is the fact that the feet shouldn't have the claws in the back, but I can overlook that since it seems necessary to letting the figure stand at all. Wookieepedia's reference isn't very good on this one, so it's hard to tell - the droids are barely in the film anyway so I'm not too worried it.
    Really? You don't see it?
    3.6m tall Octuptarra Droid: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arra_droid.jpg
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._on_Utapau.jpg

15m tall Tri-Droid: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arra_negtd.jpg
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...roid-CHRON.jpg

Note that the little guy has hooves instead of fat claws; thinner limbs; a single eye per cannon; longer cannons attached at a higher point; a more bulbous globe head; a different "core" lower body; no external pistons; and the figure we have is even the wrong color. Sure, it's passable since they're foolishly based on the same CGI model, but they really are somewhat different.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm personally not caring much, but the Magnaguard would make sense to re-release in all the different color schemes. I'm surprised it's been "buried" the way it has. It's one of the cooler designs, and the variant colors scream for straight-up repaints.

Aye, you are correct, sir. They're doing the Geonosis maroon in the first wave of LC next year, but I still want to see:
    *Commander - In both tan and maroon. The figure already has the commander's antenna, so why not?
    *Pilot - The poor blue pilots haven't seen enough release. There's a limited-articulation one coming in a Class I ship in 2013, but a fully articulated one would be ideal.
    *Security - There hasn't been a single carded one since the POTJ days - the second and most recent release was as part of a 2006 Sith Lord Attack battle pack - and it's one of the most prominent designs in both TPM and ROTS (and I only have one!).

Hopefully these will all be released as carry-forwards or in sets. I would prefer one that can hold the blaster properly, but the current one is pretty awesome otherwise.
    I'm on board with this line of thought from you guys. A white and a blue Mangaguard the way the Clone Wars had would be good; and I'd really like to see all those BDs released - and if they do a security droid, then definitely alternate arms to 2-hand wield the blaster.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The hat issue is universal, it's a design and materials issue, are you sure you didn't rework it? The cut & sew on the costume simply hangs off the shoulder, doesn't wrap around either. When was the last time you saw that figure? Perhaps it's rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia?
    My nostalgia glasses take longer than two years to get their rose-colored tint, so I know it can't be that. I haven't looked at the figure much lately, but I remember that people would put the figure's "mouth" underneath the head-wrap piece instead of over it - Rebelscum's photo archive has it positioned incorrectly, and it looks like it was packaged incorrectly, but I also remember it not being THAT hard to correct. A little inconvenient, perhaps, but not worth a complete overhaul. And yeah, the soft goods don't hang as well as they should, but soft goods are hardly ever perfect and I just hooked it to the bottom of my figure's legs to spread it out and it looks fine.

Really? You don't see it?
    3.6m tall Octuptarra Droid: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arra_droid.jpg
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._on_Utapau.jpg

15m tall Tri-Droid: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arra_negtd.jpg
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...roid-CHRON.jpg

Note that the little guy has hooves instead of fat claws; thinner limbs; a single eye per cannon; longer cannons attached at a higher point; a more bulbous globe head; a different "core" lower body; no external pistons; and the figure we have is even the wrong color. Sure, it's passable since they're foolishly based on the same CGI model, but they really are somewhat different.
    I do see the differences more clearly now, and comparing them to the figure itself - the color seems fine to me, though. Maybe if the droid had more than a split second of screen time these things would be more bothersome to me, but I can't see them updating the figure at all though I would like a re-release.

My nostalgia glasses take longer than two years to get their rose-colored tint, so I know it can't be that. I haven't looked at the figure much lately, but I remember that people would put the figure's "mouth" underneath the head-wrap piece instead of over it - Rebelscum's photo archive has it positioned incorrectly, and it looks like it was packaged incorrectly, but I also remember it not being THAT hard to correct. A little inconvenient, perhaps, but not worth a complete overhaul. And yeah, the soft goods don't hang as well as they should, but soft goods are hardly ever perfect and I just hooked it to the bottom of my figure's legs to spread it out and it looks fine.
    They only feel like they take longer because you're used to being younger, but now that you're officially part of the geezerdom in your 20s it's going to be quicker and quicker.

People didn't put the "mouth" under the head wrap, it was packaged that way and most people couldn't get it fixed, it was very difficult to fix.

That link reminded me of how short that figure is, it's shorter than Obi-Wan when it should be at least a head taller, so perhaps it's not a figure we should re-release but instead redo yet again.

I do see the differences more clearly now, and comparing them to the figure itself - the color seems fine to me, though. Maybe if the droid had more than a split second of screen time these things would be more bothersome to me, but I can't see them updating the figure at all though I would like a re-release.
    Too much blue areas, not enough copper areas.

Why a re-release of a droid that only had a split second of screentime then?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like JabbaJohn's list a lot...hits all the high marks I can think of...but of course, I can think of a few more...

Vintage Collection - re-visit Grievous using better (not soft) plastic please...include more saber hilts

CW - I'd like to see the Commando Droids make a comeback - some alternate decos could be cool.

30th Anniversary - just the whole concept of figures with over-sized, over-the-top accessories would be great to see again...

I am always in favor of mail-aways. Find someone who was in ROJ who hasn't been in 3 3/4" size yet for the this year's 30th anniversary of it, slap a sticker on some pegwarmers, and 6 POPs later, I gots me a... a... um... Hmm.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'd like to see INC re-released in big numbers. I only managed to get one to keep carded and never even got an opener.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Vintage Collection - re-visit Grievous using better (not soft) plastic please...include more saber hilts
    Seriously like this idea!

30th Anniversary - just the whole concept of figures with over-sized, over-the-top accessories would be great to see again...
    Yeah, the Luke Vaporator, the bar pieces, those were great elements, that concept should come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am always in favor of mail-aways. Find someone who was in ROJ who hasn't been in 3 3/4" size yet for the this year's 30th anniversary of it, slap a sticker on some pegwarmers, and 6 POPs later, I gots me a... a... um... Hmm.
    Not really a figure re-release that way, but I do hear ya. There's a lot of lesser guys in there, but Klaatu, Barada, or Sgt. Doallyn would be my top choices there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I'd like to see INC re-released in big numbers. I only managed to get one to keep carded and never even got an opener.
    Yeah, I have zero of these, totally gave up hope, would like to see a chance at getting one.