Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What figures from the last few years should be re-released?

I was going to post this earlier in the month but got sidetracked by personal business. Anyway, I left myself a note to start a thread about this, and so now is as good as any time.

The question is: what figures from the last few years should be re-released into the mainline? This can be from any source, but it should be a modern-quality figure. Maybe it's a figure that got a microscopic initial release; maybe it's a figure that simply should have a regular presence on shelves; maybe it was a pack-in on a set nobody could really afford. Whatever the reason you come up with is fine.

Also, perhaps you could let us know, how do you think the figure will do returning to market? Why do you want to see it return? Is it worth the new, higher pricetag as-is?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dr. Evazan. Then I'll be happy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Evazan and Ponda could stand a re-release. I wanted to post a list with them in it but I'm sorta frazzled still.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bastilla Shan (Revan and Malik too but not sure if they count as modern anymore) I'd like too see some of this years last wave make it back into stores sense they went online only.
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Revan and Malak seem modern enough in sculpt to me, they fit in with the sculpting style, they're just in that period of oversized shoulder joints, and they are lacking in super articulation in a few areas, but I'd still call them modern thanks to the sculpts and arm joints. It's not like when Hasbro took the Imperial Scanning Trooper from the '90s and gave him a modern paintjob.

ROTJ R2-D2 should make a return, the one of the rare accurate sculpts for the dome and body didn't get a strong release in its first outing.

I wonder why we're all so stymied on coming up with re-release figures.

If Clone Wars figures can count - they are modern -

the Firefighting Battle Droid

Tactical Droid

Thy-Sen (or maybe his common warriors)

CW Darth Sidious

CW Ventress - or an all-new depiction of her as a Nightsister and another as a Bounty Hunter

CW Boba Fett in the black outfit (Daniel Logan wants this one made) but I count it as a re-release because only minor alterations are needed

I also support Raven and Malek coming back out.

How about the Comic 2-pack figures -Dark Horse ones - perhaps single-carded?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior from the comic pack, Revan and Malak, Jaina and jacen Solo, cyborg maul from the comic pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    If Clone Wars figures can count - they are modern -

the Firefighting Battle Droid

Tactical Droid

Thy-Sen (or maybe his common warriors)

CW Darth Sidious

CW Ventress - or an all-new depiction of her as a Nightsister and another as a Bounty Hunter

CW Boba Fett in the black outfit (Daniel Logan wants this one made) but I count it as a re-release because only minor alterations are needed

I also support Raven and Malek coming back out.

How about the Comic 2-pack figures -Dark Horse ones - perhaps single-carded?
    I wasn't counting CW figures only because this is in the LC2 forum, also re-releases on CW are commonplace. I could use a re-release on Seripas though before I give up entirely on that line.

I feel these should be rereleased, though I'm sorry if some already have been. I haven't really followed the figures outside of the Vintage line.

- IG-88 (Concept Art - I'm not sure how hard to find this figure was, I recall keeping an eye out for it but never seeing it)
    - BG-J38 "BAD" (more like terrible, regarding release)
    - Dark Trooper Phase I
    - Jaina Solo
    - Jacen Solo
    - Jet Trooper (Battlefront II pack)
    - Blue Jacket Hoth Han (Repaint of VTAC Han from Battle of Hoth UBP)
    - Dack Ralter (not sure if there's any demand for him, but his generic helmet and snowspeeder pilot suit body make him good fodder for more Hoth pilots)
    - C-3PO (TVC)
    - Gamorrean Guard (TVC)
    - Wedge Antilles (TVC)*
    - Rebel Fleet Trooper (TVC)
    - Grand Moff Tarkin (TVC)
    - Ponda Baba (TVC)
    - Dr. Evazan (TVC)

* - I'm convinced the entire Oklahoma north-eastern distribution network for SW figures was sabotaged simply to make sure this figure never saw the pegs here. So, I figure rerelease and rerelease and rerelease it until it can no longer be kept from me. :P
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Good list.

Concept IG-88 was pretty hard to find, they re-released Cody from that wave but the rest got only a small release.

BG-J38 really does need a re-release, that whole wave got short-shelved at TRU.