Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, I never saw anything from the wave aside from the rereleased figures like Obi-Wan that had BG-J38 parts.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good list.

BG-J38 really does need a re-release, that whole wave got short-shelved at TRU.

It could have been the fault of EU fans like me. I was so excited to get my first Jaina and Jacen Solo figures, that I bought 10 of Jacen and 11 of Jaina. I think it took multiple trips and I ordered some online, but EU fans I know also hoarded them.

And BTW, since the interview with Carrie Fisher where she said she's going to be Mrs. Leia Organa-Solo in Episode 7, I think there's a stronger chance of seeing a 30-something (or late 20's) Jaina Solo (Jacen and Anakin would be dead at that point...unless they keep the EU characters and re-write their history? NO!-NO!-NO!)

Anyway, I want Jaina and Jacen in different outfits. They really became the main characters of the (almost) furthest in the future EU Star Wars, though I know some of you would buy the re-releases.

I'm not sure about all of you guys. Who is and is not a Jaina / Jacen Solo fan here?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Who is and is not a Jaina / Jacen Solo fan here?
    I'm indifferent to both of them, so I guess that makes me not a fan.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Please define indifferent (BigB, but anyone else, as well):

a) You enjoyed Timothy Zahn's Heir To The Empire trilogy back in 1991 (the first new SW offered since the OT really) and liked that series and Jaina and Jacen coming as a result of it, only seemed natural.

b) You never read the books but find it logical that Han and Leia would marry and have children, and they have to be called something, so it may as well be Jaina and Jacen, but you're not invested in the characters' personalities (nor Anakin Solo's either - originally from Dark Horse Comics' Dark Empire series).

c) You think that Han and Leia might have kids, but they would NOT inherit the Skywalker ability to access the Force. Or that one of the twins (Leia) would also have twins (Jacen and Jaina) is not sitting as being realistic to you.

d) Personally, Star Wars was over to you after Palpatine was slain and Vader redeemed. Somehow, all the other corruput and tyrannical sector governors, star destroyer captains and outpost commanders either just surrendered or walked away from their assignments to go see the Modal Nodes tour. (So will new movies 7,8,9, and thereafter count at all to you?) But nevertheless, if others here enjoy the post-ROTJ books, you're happy for them but it's not cannon to him (even with understanding that the Exp. Univ. has to conform to a usually carefully monitored continuity, so anytime 6 years after ROTJ, Leia must have children, and 21 years after ROTJ, Luke has been married to Mara and are expecting Ben.)

Follow-up: Seriously, if the new movies REALLY DO take into account the Exp. Univ., and Jaina is in the movie at 32 years old and Ben Skywalker is 16, training to be a knight, and Allanah Solo is 7 years old (daughter of the now-deceased Darth Caedus), would you go back and read the post-ROTJ comics and books? (or re-read them if you've already read them)?

Interesting, Obi-Wan is 15 years older than Anakin who we first meet at age 9.

Jaina (32) is approx. 15 years older than Ben (age 16), who is 9 years older than his cousin Allanah (who lives with grandma Leia and grandpa Han - as her mother Tenel Ka, is a Hapan Queen living under the threat of assasination).

Luke and Leia will be about 60, and Han about 70 years old.

If they make the OT heroes 10 years younger, the Yuuzhan Vong war would still be on, Ben not yet born or but a baby, Mara Jade Skywalker would be alive, Jacen Solo alive as well and a Jedi Knight in his 20's, along with his sister. Anakin Solo might also be alive and in his late teens. (He is eighteen months younger than the twins).

BACK ON TOPIC: I've recently re-read the Knights of the Old Republic comic series. I haven't really played the game, but I'm getting interested now.

I would like to see ALL NEW FIGURES of Revan and Malak:

[B]Revan[/B] has long dark hair and is male. It's been established in the John Jackson Miller novel (great author btw) simply titled "Revan." His new figure should have two heads or a softgoods hood to his cloak which can hide his long hair and a addable and subtractable Mandaorian mask to create his definative look. The figure Hasbro made was too much plastic shell for my taste. But I actually didn't buy him back in the day, even when I found him several times, because I didn't know anything about the character. Now that I do, I want a better character.

Malak - also needs a better figure. With 3 interchangeable heads: normal with regular hair to be the good-lookin' ladies man Jedi Alek (Squint). His scared, shaved head look, but jaw intact, from when Demogal got done with him during Alek's capture by the Mandalorians. And finally, the definitive Darth Malak look with the removeable mouth guard, the way the original figure was made. However, there'd be a softgoods cloak accessorizing the figure, as well as lightsaber hilts lit and unlit, plus his pilot's helmet.

HK-47 ought to come out as a carded figure, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Oh I forgot to reply to that. I grew fond of Jacen and Jaina (and the other characters, of course) from reading Anderson's Young Jedi Knights series, so although the figures aren't based on the YJK books I still would like to get them at some point. I don't think they'll ever make YJK-specific versions, and I'm not really sure there would be any significant reason for them do so since there don't seem to be too many fans of the series.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

This response is for Basker. Please see my question in my immediately prior post (BigBarada et all).

LtBasker, I think the Jacen Solo figure is as he's depicted in YJK, sort of. In NJO, he's matures from 16 to 21, thereabouts.

But he wears a training outfit similar to Luke's Bespin outfit, presumably because that's what Luke thought new young Jedi ought to train in, just as he did.

Now Jacen was about 14 in the YJK series and his action figure seems to imply he's older (closer to his early 20's).

Jaina is another case altogether. I did not see cannon material showing her to wear Old Republic style Jedi robes. I can't recollect her wearing that attire at all.

At 13-14, Jaina also wore the Bespin style outfit, hers fitting similarly to Bespin Escape Leia, but hosting the utility pockets like Uncle Luke's outfit in ESB.

Then at 15 or so, she wore an all-black special ops suit. If you were customizing her like this as I have, I used Catwoman's body from the Target "Dark Knight Rises" 5-pack (with Bruce Wayne's body serving for Jacen Solo, but more so like he appeared as Darth Caedus). The comic 2-pack with Luke and the blonde girl he helps in Rebel Alliance special ops between ANH and ESB (who would remind me of Chloe on Smallville) has bodies at a slightly better size to use for Jacen and Jaina, but I'm fearful I won't want to cannibalize one of my Luke figures that's actually different from his amazing amount of resculpts.

Anyway, in later years, Jaina also wore the X-wing flight suit when she became a member of Rogue Squadron, and then a Jedi pilot squadron.

Finally, the single most similar to Old Republic Jedi robes she ever wore, were dark shades of gray with black, worn by Jaina as her youngest brother died, and she was forced to confront her twin brother in lethal combat after Jacen turned to the Dark Side.

This Adi Galia get-up Hasbro made her wearing never sat right with me, but I might be mistaken.

In the end, we seem to have the YJK Jacen with a slightly older NJO head sculpt, and an unseen outfit on Jaina, with the older NJO head sculpt.

I hope we get at least 2-3 new, different figures of the siblings:

Jaina -

x-wing
    tan "Bespin" fatigues
    black special ops
    Legacy era Jedi Knight (Jaina Fel)

Jacen -

black special ops
    Darth Caedus

They could do younger head sculpts for both twins and make smaller bodies in the Bespin fatigues look, but that's not really necessary though I'd also buy those.

a) You enjoyed Timothy Zahn's Heir To The Empire trilogy back in 1991 (the first new SW offered since the OT really) and liked that series and Jaina and Jacen coming as a result of it, only seemed natural.

b) You never read the books but find it logical that Han and Leia would marry and have children, and they have to be called something, so it may as well be Jaina and Jacen, but you're not invested in the characters' personalities (nor Anakin Solo's either - originally from Dark Horse Comics' Dark Empire series).

c) You think that Han and Leia might have kids, but they would NOT inherit the Skywalker ability to access the Force. Or that one of the twins (Leia) would also have twins (Jacen and Jaina) is not sitting as being realistic to you.

d) Personally, Star Wars was over to you after Palpatine was slain and Vader redeemed. Somehow, all the other corruput and tyrannical sector governors, star destroyer captains and outpost commanders either just surrendered or walked away from their assignments to go see the Modal Nodes tour. (So will new movies 7,8,9, and thereafter count at all to you?) But nevertheless, if others here enjoy the post-ROTJ books, you're happy for them but it's not cannon to him (even with understanding that the Exp. Univ. has to conform to a usually carefully monitored continuity, so anytime 6 years after ROTJ, Leia must have children, and 21 years after ROTJ, Luke has been married to Mara and are expecting Ben.)
    I'm indifferent. I haven't read the Thrawn trilogy - I attempted to start Heir to the Empire when I was younger and couldn't get into it, though I do still own it so I might try again. From what I've seen I was never a fan of how the EU played out in a post-ROTJ galaxy for a number of reasons. I've also always been a proponent of Lucas using his universe how he sees fit and not being beholden to thousands of books, comics and video games - some of which are great, some of which are okay, and some of which are terrible - in creating his own stories. I've read a fair amount of EU stories and enjoyed them to varying degrees, but in my mind, the movies and The Clone Wars are all that are actually canon, since that's also how it is in George's mind. If they decide to use EU elements in the films or TCW, great. If not, great.

As for the Solo kids specifically, I don't have any personal connection to them as I don't think anything I've read has had them in it. I read Millennium Falcon, and Han and Leia had a granddaughter, but I don't really give two craps about her.

I'm not sure what they will do with Leia in the new films - if she trains to become a Jedi, would she be allowed to marry Han? Jedi are allowed to have relationships with other people but cannot possess them or form attachments to them, though the cold nature of the pre-Empire Jedi and the fact that Obi-Wan and Yoda were still urging Luke to simply kill Vader (and not to try to redeem him) in ROTJ shows that they didn't soften their position over the years, so maybe Luke will take the next generation of Jedi in a different, more loving direction, which would allow Leia to marry Han and have children. Or maybe Leia will continue on in politics and the rebuilding or the Republic and leave the Jedi stuff to her brother completely, meaning she could have relationships freely - then again, Padmé worried about balancing her work life and personal life so it might be difficult for Leia if she takes an even more demanding position of power.

So if they do end up having kids, I'm basically fine with anything. They could name them Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin (though I doubt they'll name another character Anakin), or they could name them something completely different. I'm more interested in them telling an interesting story.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

So back on topic, here are the recent figures that I feel should be re-released (with a few repaints and slight retools thrown in for good measure):

The Vintage Collection
    *Magnaguard - A blue repaint for the ROTS 3D release would be most welcome.
    *Gamorrean Guard - Even after two releases, they could easily move so many more of this amazing figure.
    *Clone Trooper (AOTC) - An easy carry-forward option, I'd like several more (perhaps retooled with the ARC Trooper Commander's more proportional lower legs).
    *Bastila Shan, Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear), Ponda Baba - The entire wave was impossible to find. Video game characters always do really well, Ponda is a great figure, and I'd gladly buy a few more Echo Base troopers.
    *Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Construction) - Use a different head, add a more accurate cloak, and it's an instant great Jabba's palace version.
    *Imperial Navy Commander - A nice army-builder. They could do away with the inaccurate Republic logo on the shoulder.
    *Aayla Secura - One of my favorites of the last few years, and it deserves better distribution.
    *Darth Malgus, Starkiller, Shae Vizla - All are good figures in and of themselves and are too high on the secondary market due to ravenous video game fans.
    *Emperor's Royal Guard - Another easy carry-forward idea, with or without all the EU accessories.

The Legacy Collection
    *Dark Trooper, K'Kruhk, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Shaak Ti, BG-J38 - They already got the Spacetrooper back out to retail in good numbers, and though I was lucky enough to get the figures at TRU (while another collector was also there looking for them, no less), the rest of these need to get out again somehow. Derryl said they won't be likely to appear as carry-forwards in Legacy v2, though they need to get out somehow. I do wonder if we'll be less likely to see post-ROTJ EU figures from here on out so as not to confuse people with the new trilogy coming up, similar to how they shifted focus away from the Clone Wars microseries when the new series premiered.

30th Anniversary Collection
    *Darth Revan and Darth Malak - Both too hard to find, though I saw several cases show up at Walmart a few months after I ordered this wave online. See previous comments on video game characters.
    *Tri-Droid - I like the design a lot, but the soft plastic has caused both of mine to sag. I know it was re-released in Saga Legends but I didn't buy any more because of this flaw.

For The Clone Wars, most of the figures that deserve re-releases are collector-focused figures from the end of each packaging variation (Bly, Magnaguard, Sidious, Seripas), but I can't see them putting any of those out again as the focus shifts pretty heavily to main characters and clones. If nothing else, they really need to get Ahsoka out in better numbers, since her Season Three figure was too difficult for most people to get and she still is a main character (I know they said that the realistic version should satisfy demand, but an online exclusive can only do so much).

Outside of TVC, there haven't been too many serious distribution issues in the last few years, and most of the best figures and army builders have already seen re-release in one way or another. And looking over the TAC figure list, they're already resculpting characters from that line to conform to the even-better standards of TVC, and anything older than that could still be a good figure but not necessarily indicative of the best Hasbro can do, so I don't know what all else is screaming for a reissue.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Haven't thought about the Magnaguard in a long time. I think it'd need a redesign on the removable helmet piece and the cloth cloak, the helmet piece was hard to work with and the cloak didn't fit the way it was supposed to. Also, better accessories, but not a bad callback.

On the AOTC Clone, I agree, but I'd like to see them use that body with a newly-designed ROTS clone helmet as well, and PUT A SPACER IN THE TOP OF BOTH HELMETS! They sit too far down on the head which makes them look worse than they are.

I'm afraid you're changing so much on that Luke saber-building figure that it'd be a new item, and I agree with all of it.

I keep forgetting that the Imp Navy Commander is a figure I don't have and technically want, the hope of finding him has dwindled away. A re-release would be very nice, and with the correct logo.

So, you have no problem with the Tri Droid figure being the wrong representation, actually representing the giant droid instead of the human-sized one?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's hard to explain indifference. I care so little about those characters that I can barely maintain the interest necessary to explain why I care so little about that those characters. It's like trying to explain why I don't care about a product that I've never used or a food that I've never tasted. When forced to think about them, my mind flatlines because I have no experiences to draw from and that doesn't bother me at all.

It's like when you are channel-surfing. All of those TV programs that you flip past, because you have disregarded any possible interest in the subject matter based on about 2 seconds of film footage - that's indifference. Jaina and Jacen Solo are the channel on the TV that I flip past, while trying to find something that I'm interested in, and all the time not even sparing a thought as to why I'm not interested in what I've just seen.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis