Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    From a story perspective, though, I'd argue Jar Jar was originally intended for greatness. He plays too big a role in TPM to just fade out the way he does. Logically, he should've gone back to Otoh Gunga, but his winding up in the Senate but just playing the dupe once shows he was supposed to stick around, probably to mature and wind up a less loathsome hero or martyr.

I really think, though he'd deny it to his dying day, George caved in to fanboy griping and cut Jar Jar back significantly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I really think, though he'd deny it to his dying day, George caved in to fanboy griping and cut Jar Jar back significantly.
    I'm 100% convinced that's exactly what happened. I totally believe that Jar Jar was originally intended to be the "Chewbacca" of the Prequel trilogy and have a key action role in each film, ultimately redeeming himself and becoming a hero that everyone could root for (whether that would have actually happened or not is debatable, but I'm sure it was the intent). However, I think Lucas was so stung by the overwhelming negative reaction to Ep1 that he began to second guess himself and did some major rewrites to Ep2 and 3.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I could not disagree more, you bring back the Sith and you negate the entirety of the PT and OT. Why spend an entirely lifetime bringing balance to the Force through an eons-old prophecy if only to have it reversed in a single generation? I could live with Dark Side poseurs, but not the actual Sith, and surely not as the chief villains.

You're assuming that this New Trilogy (NT) will take place 30 or so years after the OT, what if it only takes place 10 years or 15 years after? Harrison Ford and other actors have been making plausible action films in their 50s.

Now we agree on something wholeheartedly.
    Well, while I agree with the original idea of Luke-resurrects-the-Jedi-and-vanquishes-the-Sith from the OT, continuing the series BEYOND that idea now seems to weaken that concept anyway. So, having the defeated Empire, or the "next" Empire rise is just as weak an idea. Pockets of hidden Jedi probably did survive, and possibly other Sith, too. I'm not sure how I feel, really.

I wasn't assuming a year basis for the DT (Disney Trilogy) movies, but I guessed it might be at least 10-20 years later. Mebbe; I dunno.

What? What did you spekk? Whatsa dis "agree" yousa talkin about?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Definitely what Chux said about Teek. That's a no-brainer right there since the last episode ended with him stranded on Endor.

The biggest flaw of ROTS was that Padme "died of a broken heart."

I would have had Anakin accidentally Force-throw her too hard and impale her on something in such away that she lived long enough to have the twins by C-section.

Or - BETTER YET - I would have had a handmaiden (Dorme for example) - be made to look pregnant and taken away at the funeral, while Padme and Leia are smuggled out to Alderaan.

She is either still alive and Leia thought she died - but fled for some greater good - or she is killed later - after she lived on Alderaan when Leia was very young. Ironically and without him knowing it, she is killed by Vader if that were the case.

However, if she is still alive, a different actress could portray her.

Meanwhile, what about Anne Hathaway as Jaina Solo?

I want the Post ROTJ EU preserved. So who do I want in the movies:

Alanah Solo
    Jaina Solo-Fel
    Jagged Fel
    Soontir Fel
    Wynessa Starflare (Antilles)
    Ben Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Leia Organa-Solo
    Lando Calrissian
    Wedge Antilles
    Tycho Celchu
    Corran Horn
    Gavin Darklighter
    Tionne
    Kam Solasar
    Droma
    Talon Karrde
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Yuuzhan Vong survivors
    Boba Fett
    new Mandalorians
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The biggest flaw of ROTS was that Padme "died of a broken heart."

I would have had Anakin accidentally Force-throw her too hard and impale her on something in such away that she lived long enough to have the twins by C-section.
    They could have had her actually die at Anakin's hand and it was only the advanced technology of the Star Wars universe that allowed the twins to survive long enough to be born by C-section (although something like that wouldn't necessarily be out of the realm of today's medical science). That would have only left the problem of Leia saying that she remembered seeing her mother, however, I don't believe that Ep3 addressed that in a satisfactory manner either.

I always liked the idea of Padme faking her death and changing her name to Mon Mothma to secretly lead the Rebellion. Since Mon Mothma's Ep3 appearance ended up on the cutting room floor, that's still not outside the realm of possibility. The only thing missing would be some kind of resolution with Padme revealing her identity to Luke and Leia. Something that Ep7 could handle quite well.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    Definitely what Chux said about Teek. That's a no-brainer right there since the last episode ended with him stranded on Endor.
    I (also) agree, we need some closure on the Teek issue.

Meesa tink Jar Jar Binks...Sith Lord! Ani's betrayal pushed him over the edge. He sounds more like Boss Nass and wears armor similar to Captain Tarpals, only black, and he carries an energy shield like the Gungan warriors whos cold dead hands he pried them from after slaughtering them with his orange lightsaber! His ears are now closely cropped and he sports a scar on his left cheek, just below his eye, and a goatee...beacuse evil Jar Jar MUST have a goatee!
    May the force be with you.

According to Comicbook.com, Robert Englund mentioned Mark Hamill being in training for Episode VII:

"Mark now—they’ve got Mark in the gym, because Mark’s coming back as Luke Skywalker. They’ve got him doing his sit ups."
    It was actually Englund who told Hamill about the Star Wars auditions in the first place - they've both told the story at conventions previously, and seem to still be friends. So I believe this is very likely legit, and pretty exciting!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Forget Mark. I want Robert Englund in the sequels!
    Tommy, close your eyes.