Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Two words: lightsaber glove.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I think it's a given that Mark Carrie and Harrison will return and possibly Billy Dee.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bad Robot just tweeted a photo of Abrams, Kennedy, and a few others standing with R2-D2 with the caption "Hi from the workshop! #StarWarsVII". I think it's fairly safe to say that R2-D2 will be back! I'm trying to keep an open mind and not have too many opinions on what HAS to happen in Episode VII, but R2's return is one of the things I personally feel is really important to the overall saga, so I'm very glad to see this.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

R2D2 and C-3PO will be in every film.

I'm interested (and hoping) they'll leave the EU intact and do the stories beyond the current timeline.

Harrison, Carrie, and Mark are age-appropriate for those roles.

The key indicator is Chewie being dead.

They can cast Chewie for a BETWEEN-MOVIE one shot film as they have a Han Solo one planned.

Then you'll see Han and Chewie.

Also,

Jacen Solo (and Anakin Solo) should be already dead.

Jaina will have no siblings in E7.

If Han and Leia have a grandchild, there should be one, Alanah Solo.

2 important clues:

a) the Legacy comics have gone on to Ania Solo who would have to be Alanah's great-grand-daughter!

If you look at the children's generational lineage from the Skywalkers:

Ben Skywalker (Luke's son)
    x ? Skywalker
    x ? Skywalker
    Cole Skywalker (and Bantha?)
    Cade Skywalker

Now does every Solo child from Jacen's line have children out of wedlock? Or could there be two Solo boys, Ania's father and grandfather? Her great-grandmother would have to be Alanah (Jacen's daughter) and Jacen is Ben Skywalker's first cousin.

b) Del Rey has commissioned a 3-book trilogy about Jaina Solo post-fall of Darth Caedus. She may now be referred to as Empress Jaina Fel, her married name and title, and Captain of the Imperial Knights.

If Abrams says he is NOT using anything from the books, and since they've been done, then Jacen should be dead before the roll-up of E7's title crawl or his death at his sisters hands should start the movie the same way Count Dooku's death started ROTS.

In the new Jaina Fel trilogy, her reasons for becoming the (good) Empress of the Imperial Remnant will probably hinge a lot on her having to kill her own twin brother and the fallout of her relationship with Han and Leia.

1) Han and Leia may not want anything more to do with Jaina.

2) They are trying to raise their granddaughter Alanah to be nothing like their daughter.

3) Luke will teach his son Ben that Jaina is NOT the example to follow.

Jaina is not and never will be the enemy or a Sith.

She will be the new "rogue" embodied by a Solo. All too fitting.

E7 may or may not focus on her now the more that I think about it. I think she could be a full Jedi trained ally for Ben Skywalker if she's not the lead in E7.

Or Ben will not be the lead until E8.

Jaina may have a love triangle with Jagged Fel (if they are not married when this film starts) and Zekk (Dark Jedi) who might become the enemy and could be the not-necessarily white cast member that's athletic that they're casting for.

If Tenel Ka (Jacen Solo's surviving wife and Alanah's mother) is in this film, I wonder if she will have a prosthetic arm? I thought it was bold of the character to refuse one in the books (Jacen cut her arm off but it was an accident and before they were involved romantically).

Tenel Ka was half-(good) Nightsister and half Hapan Empire royalty.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would hope they'd chuck the entire Legacy fustercluck out the window if they're going into that era. That's just one big ball of suck that justifies every complaint about the EU.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I would hope they'd chuck the entire Legacy fustercluck out the window if they're going into that era. That's just one big ball of suck that justifies every complaint about the EU.
    Precisely. And EU fans really should just not get their hopes up at ALL in terms of the new films following the EU. Lucasfilm considers the films and The Clone Wars to be canon, and that's it - Pablo Hidalgo, who's now part of the story group, frequently mentions this online.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Hey, as long as Jaxxon or Teek get a drum solo in the cantina, anything else they do is fine by me.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Grrrr.

I do not want them discounting Heir To The Empire (Thrawn series).

Jaina Solo was born during this (as well as better-leave-dead-Jacen Solo).

Chewie can return in the between movies - the young Han Solo one especially and does not need to be in 7,8, & 9.

That's really all that needs to be catered to and those of us invested in the EU, and those at Lucasfilm who can still profit from older book sales - can continue with our Expanded Universe indulgence.

However, I do want to see Force-wielding Imperial Knights led by their commander Empress Jaina Fel!

Royal Guards with lightsabers? A woman warrior leader for them? You guys have to admit that's cool!

Oh -and then the part where she strips off the red armor and appears in a bikin and there's fire and explosions and more lightsaber battles and ....

Oh yeah.

The Rise of the Empress Jaina Fel! Do it!

The Thrawn Series is the only thing I hope they don't discount. After that, I'm okay with it all. Not that i hated the EU, quite the opposite, just it will be hard for them to tell any story at all if the story takes place in between what EU has been written and what Eu is too be written.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Okay, as one who's read just about every EU story in book form, here are my two credits, but it's by no means a complete list... (LISTS... :drool: )
    (* = roughly in the Episode VII era)

GREAT EXPANDED UNIVERSE CHARACTERS:
    - Corran Horn *
    - Mara Jade *
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn *
    - Gilad Pellaeon *
    - Darth Bane
    - Nomi Sunrider
    - Exar Kun
    - Kyp Durron *
    - Jaina Solo *
    - Tenel Ka *