Article: George Lucas Donating Entire $4 Billion Sale Price to Education

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know, just because he donates a huge amount of money to charity doesn't make him above criticism.

Agreed, great idea, its not like he needs 4 billion... but he can still get criticism.

Creative criticism, yes. You're never immune to that.

Criticism as a human being? He just officially declared everyone to do that again (assuming he doesn't start eating puppies or something tomorrow) to be a huge douchebag.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't know, just because he donates a huge amount of money to charity doesn't make him above criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Agreed, great idea, its not like he needs 4 billion... but he can still get criticism.
    I'm glad to see you guys aren't swayed with a $4 billion donation.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Creative criticism, yes. You're never immune to that.

Criticism as a human being? He just officially declared everyone to do that again (assuming he doesn't start eating puppies or something tomorrow) to be a huge douchebag.
    Here's the argument though, how can Lucas catch snark for taking a generation of Star Wars and Indiana Jones... and flushing it down the crapper with awful updates when we as the people making that snark often wrap up who he is with what he does?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.