Hybrid View

Given Mark, Carrie, and Harrison's ages, JAINA SOLO would be 32 years old in 7,8,9

Heir to the Empire and Timothy Zhan who gave us Thrawn and Mara Jade, Talon Karrde, the Noghri, and Joruus C"Boath, first created Jaina Solo.

Princess Leia was 23 years old in ROTJ, based on her and Luke being 19 in ANH, four years earlier.

HTTE takes place 5 years after ROTJ, so Leia is 28 when Jaina is born.

Carrie Fisher is about 30 years older (than 19) now (when she filmed ANH, she was younger than 19 I believe - younger than the character of Princess Leia she portrayed).

Thus, Jaina is about 30 years old in comparison to Princess Leia, were both to appear in the same movie.

Mara Jade-Skywalker is pregnant with Ben Skywalker during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion Wars. They are set 25 years ABY (when the first Death Star was destroyed in ANH, which is 4 years before ROTJ).

So that's 21 years after ROTJ when Luke is 23. Thus Luke becomes a Dad when he is 44 years old.

Mark is now over 60 I believe, but since he and Carrie play twins, we must regress him to her age (Lucky Mark!).

So doing the math, Ben Skywalker would be 15 years old (approximately) in a new SW movie with Luke being about 60 years old.

Jaina is twice Ben's age at this point: 30 and 15, respectively for the cousins.

If I'm not mistaken, she is psychologically scarred from having to kill her own brother (Darth Caedus) Jacen Solo by this time (Anakin Solo died during the war).

Her neice (Jacen's daughter with Tenel Ka) - Alanah Solo, raised by Han and Leia (grandparents) - would be a toddler.

Sequel movies could advance Ben Skywalker 5 years or more, into his 20's by the 2nd or 3rd film.

Alanah Solo might be his responsibility to train his cousin?

The same actress could portray Jaina Solo in her late 20's to mid-30's throughout the next trilogy.

THERE HAS BEEN TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS - MAYBE HUNDREDS - INVESTED IN A SINGLE CHRONOLOGY FOR STAR WARS IN THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE.

Careful records of the timeline have been kept (though admittedly violated when it's convenient), but NO ONE WILL BUY HUNDREDS OF THESE BOOKS ANY LONGER if the new movies invalidate the EXPANDED UNIVERSE.

- or the action figures of Thrawn, Mara Jade, etc.

So I for one hope they hold the Expanded Universe's integrity together for the most part.

And while not every book has been good, and some were awful, not every episode of the Clone Wars - or even the live-action movies were great either.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm about 75% sure that whatever story they come up with for Ep7, it will erase Jaina and Jacen Solo from Star Wars continuity. Especially if the story is going to be based on stuff that Lucas wrote back in the 80s.

Personally, I would have no problem with that at all, because those characters mean nothing to me. However, I do see how it would be really upsetting to those people who are fans of the post-ROTJ EU.

Either way, I'm sure filmmakers are not going to be happy about the idea of introducing a female lead character at the age of 32. I'm pretty sure they'd consider anything over 24 to be "too old." Double-standard? Sure, but this is about ticket-sales and always has been.

Timothy Zahn also named Coruscant in the same series and they kept that for the Prequels.

He is considered the godfather of Star Wars EU.

Mara Jade's popularity as Luke's wife is also Zahn's doing.

I agree with BIGBARADA that conventional prejudices don't put too much emphasis on women leads in their 30's, but Anjolina Jolie's characters cannot be considered to be in their 20's really.

Meanwhile, I did point out that Jaina's cousin, Luke's natural padawan, his son Ben Skywalker will be an older teenager heading towards his 20's and could be the focal point. Maybe he'd interact with his cousin the way James McAvoy's character interacts with Anjolina in that Assassin movie? Meanwhile, the younger Jedi both have a niece / cousin in Alanah Solo, and her story could see her in her late pre-teens to mid-teens, kind of like the Harry Potter crowd and Twilight fans experienced.

Were the EU to continue as it has never been shown in the comics and books - but alluded to since they jumped 130 years into the future from this point for the adventures of Cade Skywalker and Princess Marsiah, their ancestors could carry the torch in those post-Yuuzhan Vong years such as we'd meet Jaina and Jagged Fel's son (and have plenty of TIE pilots and Stormtroopers), and Ben Skywalker's son - or an unmarried or widowed daughter decides to keep the Skywalker name for her offspring?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.