Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Major League Baseball 2013

With the World Series over and new teams for the 2013 season's campaign starting to take form, let's have a home for next season's discussion!

I've nothing good to post.

Jason Marquis opted for Free Agency from the Padres. He's good. Maybe your team will pick him up?

And Yasmani Grandal, our best-hitting catcher, caught a 50-day game suspension for performance enhancement drugs.

The winter meetings are coming up so we'll have a new thread to post the 2013 news.

The 2012 thread can continue with the post-season awards discussion, btw.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Good to see that the recession is over, at least in southern CA. Geez, Dodger$ and Angel$.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The Angels are my AL team. It's a 90 minute drive to their park from San Diego - possibly faster by AmTrack.

I grew up going to the Angels' Stadium (Disneyland is across the street). I'm going to have to see some more games up there this year. But hopefully my Padres are going to be doing awesome!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Pirates dump their closer for Red Sox prospects. But they sign a middle reliever.

Let's go Yankees!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Anyone ABLE to watch the World BB Classic? When are games on? WHERE are games being played? Who's on the US team, anyway? (What's on second, IIRC)

They are on the MLB network. I'm currently in Mesa for spring training and we talked about going to see USA v Italy last night but it didn't happen.

And ESPN had the same game on en Espanol today, as part of its Noche Latina coverage.

I'm watching (actually DVR) both the World Classic and Angels' spring training. I'm very jealous JimJamBonds. I have about $5K expsenses for my 2nd novel coming up and so I elected not to do Spring Training this year. I've become such a regular that I bet Phoenix misses me.

Where are you staying and what (if any) team are you particularly going to see in Arizona?

I (we, there were 4 of us) stayed in Mesa at the Dobson Ranch Inn. Apparently the Cubs used to stay there, I'm not sure if that is true but that is what I heard. We saw the Brewers/DBacks, Brewers/Rangers, Giants/Royals and the Brewers/Giants. We talked about going to the USA/Italy game on Saturday night but I couldn't talk my buddies into it.