Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Oh you should go to the USA vs Italy game! I would love to see that live. I go to Spring Training by myself and various friends meet me at times. Otherwise I meet my team's fans (Padres / Angels) who are there anyway and I know some of our players that I visit with.

I guess I just do what I want on my trip, regardless of what anyone else is doing. I'm like that - meaning no disrespect, but not sacraficing my own vacation time of course.

Hey I did do that Arizona Speedway thing - with the miniature indoor racecar course while I was there. That's a lot of fun for a group of friends. They're pretty strict about running a demolition derby in there though. I actually went with a pro-baseball player on my team and the staff was pretty hard on him since I guess they figured he could pay to replace their cars if we seriously damaged anything (we did not!) but it was a lot of fun. I have a video of us racing on my Facebook page and I did this total spin-out and slammed into him - now THAT was podracing!

I also went to the Challenger Space Musuem with Yoda. Yes - with Master Yoda for real. I have pictures of us on our simulated space shuttle mission. But Yoda just sat there like a stuffed animal and I had to do all the work of the pilot and co-pilot. Maybe he was trying to train me?

Anyway, I love the Padres' home stadium (Peroria Sports Complex) where I stay by, but Maryvale (the Brewers) and Surprise (the Rangers) were nice ballparks, as is Daiblo - where the Angels play - but there's hardly any shade at Diablo. Trying to remember the name of the Whitesox / Dodgers' facility. That was alright. It felt like a Double-A field - quaint is the word, I guess.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

U-S-A! U-S-A! Uh, wait, I mean... go territory of the USA? That's what can happen when you don't send your best players, or simply cobble together a team of people without cohesion and practice.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Oh you should go to the USA vs Italy game! I would love to see that live.
    I would've loved to have gone as well. But there were 3 other people there with me and they seemed less interested in going so I didn't lobby all that hard about going. We did go to Cooperstown on Sunday night so I did get to go past Chase Field. #ascloseasIcouldget

Lot of the players don't want to risk injury. However, Chase Headley was injured in Spring Training so it doesn't make a whole ton of difference - playing in the Classic.

You have to try just as hard in Spring Training.

Injuries go with the game. For example, Ron Washington's been hit hard in his ego twice now

*Actually, I have a lot of respect for he and the Rangers who have never given up and made it that far - twice.

Bruce Bochy just does it better.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The s won't lose today! Because after yesterday's Opening Day loss?!? to the Cubs?!? at home?!? getting 3 total hits?!?, they aren't on today's schedule!

Pittsburgh's in 1st place!

And so are four other NL Central clubs. So what?

Hey, every MLB team has both 1+ wins and 1+ losses after less than a week to the season. And, in order to start a flame war, the Designated Hitter is 40 years old today; discuss!

p.s. Did I say "in 1st place"? I meant, "tied for the worst in the majors" today.

Grienke had it coming. However I'd agree that he was injured worse than he deserved.

Two wins in a row over Cincy put the Buccos a game under .500 and tied with them for 2nd. Their starting pitching's been pretty good so far, the hitting just needs to improve (lowest batting avg., slugging, & OB %; and tied for 2nd-worst runs scored in all of MLB).

Wow; what a difference a few months makes. If the Cards lose tonight, the s would be tied with them for the best record in baseball. Even if not, it'd be the 2nd-best, but they'd only host the one-game Wild Card. And the name "Puig" hasn't been posted in this thread at all. All Star break starts, with the "game" on Tuesday. Debate the various issues surrounding the Mid-Summer Classic, if you wish.