Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    How about the Giant's runner on the infield grass (OUT OF THE BASELINE) getting awarded 3rd base while my manager Buddy Black is thrown out of the game.

And Tim Lincecum embarrassing us?

I heard Detroit wants to bid for Lincecum. Don't bother Tigers. He had one great game but he's going to be washing up.

Anyway, we beat SF 10-1 today after they knocked us around good for 2 games, actually taking 3 and beating my poor Padres since Thursday in a 4-game series.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Not a good sign: s do win, but closer Grilli leaves with a pitching arm injury.

And will Ryan Braun be the first of several (many?) PED suspensions?
    "That's what Sheev said."

I read an article about Ryan Braun shaming all Jewish-American athletes.

That's pretty harsh. Their argument was he was at the top of the MLB game and most looked upon as a role model.

Whatever. This is the 2nd time for Braun. Why is it so surprising?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow. s sweep a doubleheader with St. Louis to re-take the division lead with the best record in MLB, heading into the trade deadline.

They also took the 3rd game as well iirc. They've been so bad for so long they are the team I'm hoping for does some damage come October. (presuming they hold onto a winning season for the first time since what 92?)

The Buccos had a chance to sweep a five-game Cardinals series (when does that ever happen, even playing five?) but were shut out in a football score of 13-0 on Thu. I attended their penultimate playoff home game (at Three Rivers) in the NL Championship Series of 1992 (they lost ), the last year they had at least 81 wins in a season.

The Pirates are still going well; a nice 9-2 homestand. Raise the Jolly Roger! Arrr!!!

They're still hanging in there, atop the NL Central, but the lead is tighter due to series losses to Colorado, St. Louis, and Arizona. August doesn't matter as much as final results in late September. Arr!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    They're still hanging in there, atop the NL Central, but the lead is tighter due to series losses to Colorado, St. Louis, and Arizona. August doesn't matter as much as final results in late September. Arr!
    You're welcome for the series loss by Cincy. The only role my 'boys' can play here on out is spoiler, with all but 2 series here on out against NL Central teams.

I'm sorry to say I turned down a chance to go see the Pirates vs. my Padres tonight.

I have been on a role with my writing. I'm taking an hour break to play on the internet, but that's very different from a 5 hour break to play at the ballgame.

Go Padres! Beat the Bucks!