Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm sorry to say I turned down a chance to go see the Pirates vs. my Padres tonight.

I have been on a role with my writing. I'm taking an hour break to play on the internet, but that's very different from a 5 hour break to play at the ballgame.

Go Padres! Beat the Bucks!
    Well, if the Padres switch to basketball, they can beat a team from Milwaukee. Bring your laptop to the game, Tycho, or write notes on a napkin (all great writers have napkin-idea stories to tell, right?). Go Bucs, beat the Fryers!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Friars. Like Friar Tuck, not as in "fried chicken."

When I have writing ideas, I always e-mail myself so I don't forget!

But I love baseball so much I can concentrate on little else at the games.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I did put a smiley after "fryers," you know. And congrats on your win today, Tycho. s on to play Los Gigantes up north.

Scully for one more year!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I saw Los Doiyers at Chavez Ravine about a week ago. He was on the big screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-12-13h.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	27854  

Awesome Bel-Cam. It's a nice photograph even if it was taken of the enemy's territory.

Baseball fields are beautiful things though.

Remember looking out the window when you're flying in a plane? Baseball fields are the most striking image across the entire landscape.

This is why the moon is so dull, as is even flying over certain other countries. There are no baseball diamonds to be seen.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It was odd to attend a baseball game in which I had no rooting interest either way (Dodgers vs. Mets).

But don't be too quick to say the moon has no baseball, especially near Pittsburgh: http://www.moonbaseball.com/

And the Cards have caught the Buccos at the top of the NL Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    It was odd to attend a baseball game in which I had no rooting interest either way (Dodgers vs. Mets).
    I felt the same way during spring training when I saw the Giants play the Royals.
    And the Cards have caught the Buccos at the top of the NL Central.
    I think the Reds, Cards and Pburg will all be at the top of the NL Central at some point over the last month of the season.

NL

w - LA
    C - ???
    E - AT

AL

w - OK or Tx ?
    C - DT!
    E - BS

Series:

AT vs BS

In other news, my Padres went 15 innings vs. the Cubs yesterday. San Diego won. A friend that went to the game said it was boring and frustrating though.

The Pads left 16 runners stranded. So I think it must have gotten exciting in many innings as the tension peaked (until the obvious let-down).

Japan beat San Diego in its 2nd in a row LL WS.

Back in 1st! Raise the Jolly Roger! Arr!