Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I was in your town this weekend, Tycho. Family met there for about 30 hours total. Wonderful weather as always, not too many crowds, either. I kept away from Petco during game times, though.

Oh, and the s ended their home schedule with a big loss. Overconfident, eh, Cincy?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Sorry the Dodgers had to be here when you week. It's a great park to see a baseball game in
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I have seen two games there, IIRC. In fact, I've seen Padres games in three SD stadiums: Jack Murphy, Qualcomm, and Petco.

Oh, in case you missed it today...

THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES CLINCHED AT LEAST A WILD CARD SPOT.

After 20 years of crawlin', bottled up inside them. Torn wins and shattered dreams, was more than fans could stand. Five more games to try and win the NL Central, or at least host that WC play-in game.

I seem to have hijacked this thread lately, but when for 20 years you do not win, brag so much, you may do, hmm? Arr.

Well, it's come down to this: Pirates sweep the Reds, Cardinals lose their last three to the Cubs, and Pittsburgh and St. Louis tie for the NL Central lead (I think that means a one-game "playoff" to determine who wins the division and who gets Cincinnati in the "real" Wild Card play-in game). Or, Pirates win at least two or three vs. the Reds and they get to host that play-in game to play the Braves or Dodgers, maybe.

I'll wait until Sunday to see how everything plays out.

I played my baseball game and it ended up Pittsburgh vs Detroit for the World Series title. I would love to see that series, as i mentioned before.

Currently, I am hoping for the Indians, Rangers, and Rays to tie for the wild card spots.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Here's what I'd like:

NL West: Dodgers (duh)
    NL East: Braves (duh)
    NL Central: Cards have locked it up, if their lead tonight holds up
    NL Wild Card: Reds lose at Pirates

Pirates win at Braves
    Cards win over Dodgers

Pirates take out Cards

AL West: A's (duh)
    AL East: BoSox (duh)
    AL Central: Tigers (duh)
    AL Wild Card: Cleveland wins at Rays

Cleveland wins at A's
    Tigers win at Red Sox

Cleveland get by Tigers

Pirates get 6th World Series title over Cleveland!

Cleveland would never get by the Tigers...
    But you have the format backwards. A's and Tigers will meet in the ALDS.

We are only one Indians loss away from that 3-way tie! Chaos will ensue!
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Cleveland would never get by the Tigers...
    But you have the format backwards. A's and Tigers will meet in the ALDS.

We are only one Indians loss away from that 3-way tie! Chaos will ensue!
    It was a guess, just like the NL matchups might be off, too.

It's not so chaotic, if you believe the analysts: winner of AL WC game 1 plays winner of AL WC game 2, with that winner playing Boston. Easy! Right?

I can't believe how close we were from chaos. Stupid Indians.

Boston and Atlanta.

Almost enough said. (I'm rooting for Boston btw - the Padres were once their farm team and I have good Red Sox fan friends - though I acknowledge and love my friends who are fans of some other contending teams).

I am really happy for my Pittsburgh Pirate fans - especially Bel-Cam Jos. His enthusiasm is awesome and I love baseball. That's why I am here in this thread.

As to why I am not rooting for California teams?

I have no feelings one way or the other towards Oakland. It would be good for that city if they can make it.

But the Dodgers...their fans made me leave the Saturday night game at my home field early because our left fielder and 3rd baseman made errors and the L.A. fans shouted their names as in "Guzman Sucks!" and "Headley Sucks!" over and over again for 4 innings (like the 3rd through 7th) and then began chanting "F SD! F SD" but said it all out (can't post it on these forums). They were getting kicked out but it was enough that our stadium gets taken over by whole sections of Dodger fans since it's only a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive for them to come down here and get drunk and start fights because a Padres baseball ticket can cost as little as $5 - less than a movie! for a park pass and from there they go everywhere and be obnoxious Los Angelinos.

I want the asteroid from "Armageddon" to hit Dodger stadium when they have a full home game!

(OK - no not really but it felt good to write that.)

Meanwhile, the Braves got on top and maintained the whole season. (St. Louis surpassed them by 1 win, I think)

Boston had the best record in the AL.

But let's go Boston.

One last note to my Tiger fan friends. I like you guys. I don't think you can do it, that's all.

Slicker: the Tigers come to Petco Park next year for interleague. We should plan on you coming out here. I just haven't had an opportunity to talk to you about it yet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.