Hybrid View

Article: J.J. Abrams Shoots Down 'Star Wars' Rumors

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Cut Abrams some slack, he's busy ruining Star Trek, doesn't have time to ruin Star Wars as well.

Jon Favreau could be a good choice - I love his work on the Iron Man movies, but Cowboys and Aliens was too serious though I have faith that Arndt will do well with the script. Trevorrow would be interesting as well, though I haven't seen Safety Not Guaranteed. I'm glad that Abrams, Tarantino, and Zack Snyder have all said no, since I don't want them anyway.

I've been wanting to see that Safety Not Guaranteed movie, it looks really different. That seems like the kind of director Lucas would pursue for something like this. Someone who does things a little bit differently. Remember David Lynch was once considered for Return of the Jedi, so maybe this is our guy?

Uwe Boll! Joel Schumacher! Jar Jar Binks!

Uwe Boll! Joel Schumacher! Jar Jar Binks!
    Sad how the most believable one on there is CGI. Naw, I kid, Schumacher actually isn't a terrible director, he was just too ready to be a studio hack.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve View Post
    Kevin Smith!
    Dude, you and I walked out on K. Smith's "Cop Out" at SDCC '11, remember? Action is not his thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's either going to be Trevorrow, Favreau, or Joe Johnston.

Trevorrow is officially out of the running now.