Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Preview Figures?

Are these "preview figures" the same as the regular line that'll be released with everything else, or are they on a different card or have other differences? What it boils down to is, should I be out looking for these or will they be around with the rest of the merchandise in the coming months?

As far as I know they are completely different sculpts of characters that will later be available in different poses and having different features on blue AOTC cards. The preview figures come in modified POTJ green cards with an AOTC sticker.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Re: Preview Figures?

Originally posted by stillakid
    Are these "preview figures" the same as the regular line that'll be released with everything else, or are they on a different card or have other differences? What it boils down to is, should I be out looking for these or will they be around with the rest of the merchandise in the coming months?
    Yeah, they are completly different then any of the figures in the basic "saga" line. The Jango is the most pre-posed, but is based off his stance from the Kamino battle with Obi-Wan. So he looks great firing at Obi-Wan while protecting Boba. Pretty much like the Unleashed statue.

The Zam Wesell is the sniper version of the charecter, since she comes with the big sniper rifle. Also her veil is covering her face, the saga version has it hanging down next to her face, so that you can see it. The saga version also has bendable knees so that she can fit in the speeder. And from looking at the toy fair photo of her, she seems to have a removable forearm.

The regular "saga" release of the CloneTrooper hasn't been seen yet, but if the red command figure is any indication, he should have plenty of articulation. He's listed as being avaliable on or just before May 16th, so it shouldn't be to much longer. So the preview CloneTrooper is good for a combat stance, the regular one should be less screen specific. Since we haven't seen him yet maybe he has a spoiler feature, maybe a removable helmet?

I don't think that we will get a regular release of the R3-T7 figure, but there is always a possibility of them making another R3 unit, now that they have the dome and the "brains" of the droid sculpted. Heck, I would love an Imperial R3 unit.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the red/pink Clonetrooper Commander looks like he has a mound of dirt sculpted into his foot, maybe perhaps so that he can kneel to shot the cannon. I hope thats not the case or that my eyes are playing tricks on me cause that would suck big time.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Originally posted by CrossWizard
    By the way, has anyone noticed that the red/pink Clonetrooper Commander looks like he has a mound of dirt sculpted into his foot, maybe perhaps so that he can kneel to shot the cannon. I hope thats not the case or that my eyes are playing tricks on me cause that would suck big time.
    It's just so they could display the figure in a crouched action pose, you can see him without the block under his foot in the Republic Gunship pictures. They wanted to show off his articulation some, so they posed him in a combat stance. He needed a small block under his foot to stand on the base for display. Not to mention they always glue the figures down to the bases at Toy Fair.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's a relief to know.

Thanks Jar Jar,I noticed the dirt or rock under the figures left foot and hoped it was only for display purposes.
    I heard almost everyone say the Jango Figure is the most pre posed,but looking at mine I think Zam is.
    In both the legs and arms.I guess it's a matter of perception.Looking at the the clone trooper is the same way.
    How's this?R3-T7 is least preposed of the four!!
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Nah, R3 is about as pre-posed as he can be, but the good part about R3 is that we have the ability to put him in a neutral pose.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The packaging for the Preview Figures is a Green "Transition" Card. It looks similar to the POTJ card except it is missing the tagline Power of the Jedi. Also the corners are more rounded, and the bubble is larger and centered like the new bule cards will be. They also have the pack-in picture with movie title and the words "SNEAK PREVIEW" written on them.

A nice transition IMO, and I do like the new bubble!

We will be getting re-sculpts of these figures, with the possible exception of R3-T7, as mentioned above. The regular blue card line will have better sculpted figures IMO.

I just get the feeling that Hasbro cranked these out with little interest in them.

I have heard that these are SUPPOSED to be out in limited quantities. But it's hard to say for sure.
    May the force be with you.

I hope the bubbles inspire Hasbro to give us more pack-ins that relate more to the figure itself, like consoles and possibly droid 2-packs (so we won't get those giant empty bubbles like R3's).
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"