Need Opinion on CommTech Troopers!

Ok I have to troopers which are awesome to say the least. Now I was wondering what you guys thing. Should I use the old POTF big blaster rifles? or should I use the new smaller POTJ blaster rifles? and where can I get 2 small black ones from?

I find that COMMtech and POTF Stormtroopers work really well is a scene together. As long as they are fighting. The weapons seem to work together too.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I like the old ones

As a matter of preference, I like the old ones. They are bigger, not so floppy and better for play.

However, if you want the others, may I suggest perenial pegwarmer - POTJ Bespin Escape Leia. I have seen her for $3-$4 at Target, KB toys and Wal-mart. If any online store is having a clearance, they have plenty of her. She comes with 2 of the new blasters.

If you have enough POTJ blasters to go around, use those. IMO, they are perfect, but I still don't have enough for all my commtech stormies, so they're all using the old kind still.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The POTJ blasters seem too small for the Stormtrooper, as I don't think they were really planning on him holding those blasters later on, plus if you've been displaying him with his blaster rifle or a regular Stormtrooper blast in his hand, it most likely will have made the hand too wide for the POTJ blasters. However, if you would like to go with the black POTJ blasters, the Imperial Officer comes with a black one, and he hasn't got much use for it since he's mostly better being displaying in a non-fighting scene, also you might check ebay lots with SW accessories, you might be able to score some POTJ blasters from those for not a bad price.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I prefer the POTF blasters, why did they change the size at all?
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Because the POTJ ones are accurate to scale while the POTF2 ones are way too big. Look at the blaster's holster on the CTC Stormie, that thing is supposed to fit the blaster AND close over it!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The bigger blasters are probably better, though out of scale. Not that either doesn't look right in the Stormie's hands.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!