Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, you've got them harnessed to something, pulling Rebels around.

I'm watching you.

Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, obviously there's a wide swath of choices from fans, lots of different voices, but I'm curious how many are judging their choices based on expectations rather than the figure itself. Kithaba for an example cited in this thread is a figure that has an unpainted neck, odd body proportions with a long skinny body that leads to a broader upper body, and an underperforming deco; it's not a bad figure, but is it really "figure of the year" territory or is that just a feeling for having it exist at all?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would say that applies to me. I can understand why Evazan would not be figure of the year to alot of people. After all, when it comes down to it, he's really just another boring human character. But I've been wanting him done for such a long time and he's so much better than the previous releases, that I was extremely pleased to finally have one.

Wait? We got figures this year?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Wait? We got figures this year?
    As JT mentioned in this thread and Tycho just seconded, I am in this category. I saw few new ones on pegs in 2012, bought even fewer (maybe 5?), and passed on ones I just didn't care for (because I never saw the ones I wanted; and I since don't really go out of my way to buy toys much anymore, online sales weren't a big search deal for me). So my opinions would be absed on others' reviews, or pictures seen here.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I'd like to nominate Nien Nunb, Aayla Secura, Old Republic Trooper, ANH Vader, Starkiller, Sith Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I would say that applies to me. I can understand why Evazan would not be figure of the year to alot of people. After all, when it comes down to it, he's really just another boring human character. But I've been wanting him done for such a long time and he's so much better than the previous releases, that I was extremely pleased to finally have one.
    I wanted Evazan and Nien Nunb redone for a long time as well, but their new releases waited so long that they merely feel dutiful to me, they're not so great that they wow me. Evazan is lacking dynamic pizazz, IMO, he should be more than just a normal guy with a gut and a light scar on the face that this figure is - one could see him that way, but in the movie there was more and I don't think it's coming through with the figure. A little shift to the expression, more scarring and disfiguring in the face, a broader neck, a removable vest for positioning and bulking up the upper body to make him seem more threatening, I think that would have been what he would have benefited from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    As JT mentioned in this thread and Tycho just seconded, I am in this category. I saw few new ones on pegs in 2012, bought even fewer (maybe 5?), and passed on ones I just didn't care for (because I never saw the ones I wanted; and I since don't really go out of my way to buy toys much anymore, online sales weren't a big search deal for me). So my opinions would be absed on others' reviews, or pictures seen here.
    I try not to go on opinion when I don't have a figure, usually if a figure looks like it's going to be very good I'll buy it to see if it lives up rather than wait, but this year A) figures were indeed hard to come by; and B) figures weren't looking like they were going to be that impressive (see my reply to Bran below).

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'd like to nominate Nien Nunb, Aayla Secura, Old Republic Trooper, ANH Vader, Starkiller, Sith Witch
    Aayla is the one figure on this list I wonder if I did a disservice to by not buying when I had the chance. I'm just prequeled out and I don't really care about her at all, so I passed and now am hearing a lot of folks say she's above the cut. The Old Republic trooper was never going to make my list, I didn't buy him because I think the Hasbro sculpt looks lanky and off, but again this is one of those things where my collecting path did limit me a bit.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hasbro did TVC Aayla a disservice by obscuring the sculpt with the soft goods cloak so I can see how it may not seem too appealing a purchase at retail.

TVC CW Obi Wan arrived today so perhaps he might make it on my list though I'm not expecting it.

Seems we all forgot to list Hoth Luke!!! Ha! If you ask me, he's the TVC loser equivalent of Transformers Prime deluxe Airachnid and Avengers 3.75" Chitauri.

Though I don't need a Hoth Luke (probably only Torryn Farr from Hoth would fit my want list from that particular scene) - I ran into 2 of them in a Wal-Mart the other day.

Luke looks much improved and I was happily impressed with what I saw. Now as I didn't want a Hoth Luke for my displays I'd like to build, I didn't buy him.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Hasbro did TVC Aayla a disservice by obscuring the sculpt with the soft goods cloak so I can see how it may not seem too appealing a purchase at retail.

TVC CW Obi Wan arrived today so perhaps he might make it on my list though I'm not expecting it.
    Aayla looked ok when I saw her in person, the problem isn't the robe, it's the overexposure of such a minor character... "overexposure" in both senses of the term.

Yeah, CW Obi-Wan ain't horrible but he ain't great either, the simplistic arm armor sculpt really holds it back, and the cut-n-sew on the kama skirt is off.

Seems we all forgot to list Hoth Luke!!! Ha! If you ask me, he's the TVC loser equivalent of Transformers Prime deluxe Airachnid and Avengers 3.75" Chitauri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Though I don't need a Hoth Luke (probably only Torryn Farr from Hoth would fit my want list from that particular scene) - I ran into 2 of them in a Wal-Mart the other day.

Luke looks much improved and I was happily impressed with what I saw. Now as I didn't want a Hoth Luke for my displays I'd like to build, I didn't buy him.
    Luke Hoth is neither great nor terrible. Luke Hoth has big ugly shoulder joints and too much focus on a pattern in the costume's shoulder design so the shoulder stands out in two ways. He's also got that mask that is only on-screen for the very first moment of the film, and his regular helmet sculpt lacks both goggles and the remaining scarf that is seen throughout his scenes. But it has a decent sculpt overall and good articulation, paint is ok if you don't mind the utter lack of weathering. So it's not the worst and not the best, but the hat situation holds it back from being particularly useful so it's closer to bad than good.