Article: Hasbro Star Wars Vintage Line International Market Update

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

It looks like they're just re-shipping the cases of wave 4 and 5 that didn't make it out to stores, though the carry-forward Darth Malgus is not on here for some reason. I've seen some more wave 4 at Walmart, and see that other people have seen it at Target and TRU, so I guess this should hopefully be a good way to get these figures out there. (I would have liked to have seen Bastila Shan, Ponda Baba, and the Echo Base Trooper again, but oh well.) Strange that it's not controlled by Hasbro, and I wonder if this will be at mass retail or at closeout shops. At least they're doing something to get these out again.

Sounds like they're blind-selling cases to retailers at a discount to keep the pegs alive until the new Legacy Collection product can get there. While I applaud them trying to get these figures back out, as JabbaJohn said, this looks like it's just waves 4 and 5, there's no consideration for what's still missing, no Imperial Navy Commander for example, and no return of 2011 short-shipped product like the Hoth Rebel Trooper and Bastila Shan.

This also makes me wonder why the hell wave 6 went online-only exclusive if stores were going to continue holding the SKU on the pegs anyway.

Perhaps with the announcement of Episode VII, this is a way of spreading out the BAD waves into 2014 and early 2015?

Even with all the distribution woes, I managed to get every figure on that list so I guess I can save some money for the first few months of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Perhaps with the announcement of Episode VII, this is a way of spreading out the BAD waves into 2014 and early 2015?

Even with all the distribution woes, I managed to get every figure on that list so I guess I can save some money for the first few months of 2013.
    I doubt it, this doesn't really offset Legacy Collection 2 by more than a couple months.

Saving money, yes, but also that time off takes the wind out of my collecting sails. This happened last year as well and I ended up buying less SW this year for it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

...hASSbro totally dropped the ball on the Vintage Collection Line...Thanks for NOT meeting collectors expectations!...

We got none of those figures in my area. I think that our local Wal-Mart has not gotten any new figures since last February.