Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

DVD Deleted Scenes

If they where to put deleted scenes from the origional trilogy DVD which ones would you like to see?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I'd like to see a comparison of the Original guy that played Jabba to the SE version we got.

Apparently there are a couple of lost scenes involving Biggs and a girl Luke likes. I'd like to see these.

A section for audition footage of the original actors.

The From SW to Jedi footage on a separate disc.

Stuff I'd like DELETED from the Special Edition:

ANH

1. Greedo firing first. Get rid of this. Every single SW fan I know hates this moment. We can only hope it will stay the way it originally was back in 1977.

2. Re-color Jabba. The coloring on him is horrible and you can totally tell that he is a CGI character. The colors are not even close to the ROTJ Jabba. I know it is about 4-5 years between when ANH and ROTJ take place, but he couldn't have changed color that much.

3. Get rid of Ketwol. Give Lak Sivrak his scene back.

4. The approach on the city. I can live with it, but I'd like to see the ASP Droid not knock out the other droid. It looks childish.

5. Re-color the lightsabers. The coloring on these was not fixed. Luke's lightsaber has a greenish quality to it when he uses it in Obi-Wan's house. Later on when he is using it on the Falcon against the practice droid it is completely white. If it is indeed the same lightsaber Luke uses in ESB then it should be blue. Also Darth Vader's lightsaber is white in one scene (from a distance) and should be fixed.

ESB

I was fairly pleased with the SE of ESB. Nothing really detracted fromthe film. The new Wampa scene was good and the flight into cloud city was well done. Only two things I'd change.

1. Luke's pathetic scream after he jumps off the platform. It is absolutely horrible.

2. Making cloud city more open by using CGI windows.

ROTJ

1. Bring back the original Jabba's Palace song and get rid of the whole Jedirocks sequence. This scene looks childish and absolutely dumb. Give me some puppets any day of the week over some stupid CGI characters.

2. Bring back the original Ewok song. I liked it much better than the SE one.

Everything else I can live with.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I'd like to see that ESB scene with the Snowtroopers happening across the locked up Wampas. A few years back, Anthony Daniels described the events in his Insider column, and there was a pic of Threeps tearing off a warning sign from the door.

I am curious to see how this comes across on camera, was it funny? And if so, how? Would it ruin the suspense in that scene or provide comic relief instead?

I'd like to see all the scenes I know of. Which is:

ANH:
    Luke working on a vaporator and seeing the fight through his electrobinoculars.
    Luke talking to Biggs at Toche Station
    The original Cantina scene, maybe with some revisions, and Greedo NOT shooting.

ESB:
    Han, Leia and 3PO running to the Falcon and 3PO pulling a sign off a door of a room containing Wampas which Snowtroopers unknowingly run into.

ROTJ:
    Everyone meeting at the Falcon and Luke's X-wing on Tatooine during a sandstorm after they escape Jabba.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by Caesar
    I'd like to see that ESB scene with the Snowtroopers happening across the locked up Wampas. A few years back, Anthony Daniels described the events in his Insider column, and there was a pic of Threeps tearing off a warning sign from the door.

I am curious to see how this comes across on camera, was it funny? And if so, how? Would it ruin the suspense in that scene or provide comic relief instead?

Perhaps GL didn't think that that kind of humor was appropriate. But then again this coming from a guy who created the most annoyingly stupid character in the history of Film, Jar Jar.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

For ANH:

1. The Greedo scene, put back to original.

2. Get rid of the Jabba scene.

3. Get rid of the approach to Mos Eisley. The part where the speeder goes past the "scurriers" looks terrible!

For ESB:

1. Get rid of New Cloud City and bring back Old Cloud City.

For ROTJ:

1. Get rid of Jedi Rocks- it sounds too much like a Sat Morning Song- or at least re-do it so it sounds cool, like Conjunction Junction, or A Bill on Capital Hill!

And, to all 3, clean up the effects. Get rid of the matte lines, the picture "jump" from when a 'saber is on then switched off... that kind of stuff.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Originally posted by dr_evazan22
    For ANH:
    1. The Greedo scene, put back to original.
    Good point, (no)thanks to the Special Edition, Greedo's cold blaster is an officially deleted scene

Supposedly there's an alternate cut of ANH with different angles and such, including a scene in the Death Star where the trio of heroes sneak past an Imperial checkpoint by hiding their blasters behind their backs and whistling and looking at the cieling. Some guy reviewed it in a SW Insider a few years back.

The ANH Cut scenes of Luke at the vaporator, Luke, Biggs, Camie, Fixer and the others in Anchorhead, and an alternate Cantina scene where Han has a girlfriend are on the "Behind The Magic" Cd-Rom.

The "Wampa scene" from ESB was cut because even though they shot the scene where 3PO pulls the sticker off the door(it even made it into a trailer), and the Snowtroopers go in and presumably get the stuffing GONK!ed out of them. But they never shot any of the story leading up to that scene. the subplot involving wampas invading Echo Base was nixed before it got shot and their are only fleeting references in the remaining film (the dead tauntaun, and Leia saying 'then it couldn't be one of those creatures.") So without explaining what the wampas were doing in that room in the first place, it would be confusing to show 3PO pulling the sticker off the door.

I think they shot additional scenes of training on Dagobah where Luke is fighting multiple seeker balls like the one he battled on the Falcon in ANH.

I want to see tons of bloopers also.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    The "Wampa scene" from ESB was cut because even though they shot the scene where 3PO pulls the sticker off the door(it even made it into a trailer), and the Snowtroopers go in and presumably get the stuffing GONK!ed out of them. But they never shot any of the story leading up to that scene. the subplot involving wampas invading Echo Base was nixed before it got shot and their are only fleeting references in the remaining film (the dead tauntaun, and Leia saying 'then it couldn't be one of those creatures.") So without explaining what the wampas were doing in that room in the first place, it would be confusing to show 3PO pulling the sticker off the door.

I think they shot additional scenes of training on Dagobah where Luke is fighting multiple seeker balls like the one he battled on the Falcon in ANH.

I want to see tons of bloopers also.
    Obviously the wampas would've been in there for the Rebels to study, how though, I have no idea, I hope they have some BIG tranqs.

Don't forgot the Dagobah Whack-a-mole scene with Yoda!

Bloopers, bloopers are good.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'd love bloopers too!

The George W Biography showed the ANH "mic was in picture" gaffe, but I think that's a pretty common one.

They put that blooper reel on the TPM DVD, so my hope is that the OT will get the blooper treatment as well