Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Converse-type shoe pillow
    Is that a pillow for your Converse-type shoes, or a pillow that looks like a Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars-type shoe?
    - more candy than I recall in past years
    Oh dude, yesterday I brought my cousin and her family a 2lb box of Russell Stovers, it was the size of a large board game. 30 minutes later when her brother and his family arrive, he gives her a 2.5lb Whitmans Sampler giganto-box! We had 4 and a half pounds of chocolates on one table! And that's on top of the mountains of cookies my cousin made, and the 2 pies. Apparently 2012 is the year of christmas sweets.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Batman Chuck Taylors
    Back in '89, my dad's now-ex bought both the yellow and the black styles of the first Batman Chuck Taylors when the world was Keaton-Batman-crazy. What Bat-pattern are yours?

Oh, and text messaging. Sound the eighth trump, which I guess means it's a superapocalypse.
    FINALLY! Welcome back to the 21st century.

Great hauls all around so far gang.

For Christmas, we got as many of our family together as we could muster out at my cousin's place waaaaay out in Hesperia, which is almost as far a drive for me as Comic-Con and I rarely have driven that far and back in a single day.

My hauls:
    Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Artoo and Threepio
    Jetwing Optimus Prime (procured at the $60 price, that was important to me that they didn't pay too much)
    Klingon Bird of Prey Haynes manual
    Doctor Who 10th Doctor TARDIS beach towel
    break 'em yourself Geodes
    10x loose 9mm Cubic Zirconia - they just look really cool and are surprisingly inexpensive for cut man-made stones.
    Venture Bros season 4 pt 2 DVD
    Black Dynamite blu-ray
    indoor RC helicopter
    Coby bluetooth soundbar
    USB squid hub that can run off AC power as well
    light sphere
    maze sphere
    cookies
    $25 Olive Garden gift card (traded with my vegetarian family member who got a $25 Panda Express card - nothing at Panda is vegetarian except the white rice, not even the mixed vegetables).
    Timothy Zahn - Visions of the Future (but I have to track down a copy of Specter of the Past first).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Is that a pillow for your Converse-type shoes, or a pillow that looks like a Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars-type shoe?
    Oh dude, yesterday I brought my cousin and her family a 2lb box of Russell Stovers, it was the size of a large board game. 30 minutes later when her brother and his family arrive, he gives her a 2.5lb Whitmans Sampler giganto-box! We had 4 and a half pounds of chocolates on one table! And that's on top of the mountains of cookies my cousin made, and the 2 pies. Apparently 2012 is the year of christmas sweets.

Back in '89, my dad's now-ex bought both the yellow and the black styles of the first Batman Chuck Taylors when the world was Keaton-Batman-crazy. What Bat-pattern are yours?

FINALLY! Welcome back to the 21st century.

Great hauls all around so far gang.
    Here you go, with your post in the background.

Amazingly, there is LESS of that candy today than yesteday...

I've seen some different Cons in stores lately (Thundercats, DC characters, fluorescent colors, etc.), but haven't bought any new ones for a few months (I have about 25 different pairs, for almost any occasion/color); that may change soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC= Pillow Chucks.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	26914  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Wow, that's quite a pillow. I kinda like a special pillow just to hold your cons though.

Dang dude, why aren't YOU called Chux then?

Heh heh, I'm eating a 4-piece Whitmans sampler candy box right now. Xmas candy is the best candy; suck it, Easter!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, that's quite a pillow. I kinda like a special pillow just to hold your cons though.

Dang dude, why aren't YOU called Chux then?

Heh heh, I'm eating a 4-piece Whitmans sampler candy box right now. Xmas candy is the best candy; suck it, Easter!
    Would that make me "El ChucksStar" then? And I am trying to be a good neighbor and eat ALL the homemade candy our across-the-street friend brought a couple days ago. Then, the wrapped stuff.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

break 'em yourself Geodes
    OK...being a geologist's son, this has me intrigued. Are we talking the real thing here (Not some chocolate goodie with a caramel center)? The sound of breaking them makes me cringe! No way to saw them open to better maintain the crystalline structure inside? That doesn't bode well with a ball peen hammer in the equation!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Nothing.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Batman on one shoe, Joker on the other. And Batman socks with capes to match. Awesome-looking, though I can't imagine they'll be practical.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Kept it to a fairly small Christmas this year, but got:

- QMx Serenity pewter keychain
    - Santa hat w/ Yoda ears
    - Klingon Bat'leth letter opener
    - Jayne Cobb hat (crocheted by my sister)
    - $50 Visa Gift Card
    - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Director's Cut DVD
    - Inglourious Basterds (is this considered circumventing the censor? ) DVD
    - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang DVD
    - Clue DVD
    - Biggest Hit Episodes of Star Trek: TOS DVD

Apparently a friend did some really late shopping on a whim and has something on the way to me. That should be interesting.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Would that make me "El ChucksStar" then? And I am trying to be a good neighbor and eat ALL the homemade candy our across-the-street friend brought a couple days ago. Then, the wrapped stuff.
    Well, he's already Chuxter for that same reason, so...

My sister made some homemade candy before leaving for a trip, but it didn't make it to xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    OK...being a geologist's son, this has me intrigued. Are we talking the real thing here (Not some chocolate goodie with a caramel center)? The sound of breaking them makes me cringe! No way to saw them open to better maintain the crystalline structure inside? That doesn't bode well with a ball peen hammer in the equation!
    These are the real thing. It's a packaged product, if you can believe it, 3 or 4 geodes of differing sizes with instructions that say to put it in a sock and then lightly hit it with a small hammer. I suppose I *could* saw them open but I don't have a saw which could do the job. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Nothing.
    What the x?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Batman on one shoe, Joker on the other. And Batman socks with capes to match. Awesome-looking, though I can't imagine they'll be practical.
    That's pretty wild, but man those socks would drive me CRAAAAAAAAZY.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Kept it to a fairly small Christmas this year, but got:

- QMx Serenity pewter keychain
    - Santa hat w/ Yoda ears
    - Klingon Bat'leth letter opener
    - Jayne Cobb hat (crocheted by my sister)
    - $50 Visa Gift Card
    - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Director's Cut DVD
    - Inglourious Basterds (is this considered circumventing the censor? ) DVD
    - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang DVD
    - Clue DVD
    - Biggest Hit Episodes of Star Trek: TOS DVD

Apparently a friend did some really late shopping on a whim and has something on the way to me. That should be interesting.
    Nice haul, I strongly suggest you don't use that Serenity keychain as a keychain though - I don't understand these fragile pewter keychains in general, I rock a TPM Obi-Wan lightsaber hilt keychain and it's held up, but my Defiant pewter keychain didn't last 6 months in my pocket and you know how solid a ship design that is! I've seen the TOS Enterprise as a keychain, I have an Ent-E, how the hell would these last a single use? The Serenity one should be in between, but too pretty to use IMO.

Bat'leth letter opener? That's awesome! I had no idea that was a thing.

Let us know how RH:Prince of Thieves directors cut is, I like that movie and didn't know there was a director's cut.

That's really cool of your sister.

These are the real thing. It's a packaged product, if you can believe it, 3 or 4 geodes of differing sizes with instructions that say to put it in a sock and then lightly hit it with a small hammer. I suppose I *could* saw them open but I don't have a saw which could do the job. Suggestions?
    Not sure how prevalent they may be in LA, but my town sports several geology/mineral clubs. Many have water-cooled band saws for slicing materials and tumblers for polishing rock and minerals. Culver City Rock & Mineral Club looks interesting. (http://www.culvercityrocks.org/). There are rock/mineral retail stores. Perhaps they may offer a cutting service.

It's a personal preference, but cutting and polishing a geode is far more pleasing to my eye than looking at shards.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!