Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Merry Christmas everybody! 2012 xmas Hauls

Sorry I haven't been around the past week, had a ton of errands, many of them christmas-related. It'll be a few more days before I can make time to really read the forums again I suppose, but I wanted to drop by and wish everybody a Happy Christmas, what with this being Christmas Eve day (which as a child I was totally mystified to discover wasn't its own holiday, along with New Year's Eve). I'm sitting next to a Star Wars figure-sized silver tree with a huge star on top, Han and his Tauntaun are looking at it with confusion while Luke's Tauntan looks from a distance... oh, I suppose I'm also sitting near a ton of presents for family, but that's not nearly as Star Wars.

Anyway, hope you all have a great Christmas and stay warm and safe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Luke might be checking on a meet-and-greet that'll land near you, while Han is making sure there's enough ice on this planet to fill a drink glass.

Warm and dry Christmas wishes to all the SSG family members (and lurkers), too!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Happy Boxing Day, to whomever celebrates that kind of thing! My Christmas was very fun and relaxing.

For some reason, some of the hauls were added to the 2008 thread despite the following years getting their own . . . any chance we can preserve my sanity and move them here (or elsewhere)? My list is as such:

Star Wars stuff
    *Republic Fighter Tank (green deco)
    *Speeder Bike with Biker Scout (my fourth one)
    *104th Battalion "Wolf Pack" Clone Troopers Ultimate Gift Set
    *TVC Nien Nunb
    *TVC Weequay
    *TVC Orrimaarko (Prune Face)
    *TVC Republic Trooper (The Old Republic)
    *TVC Gungan Warrior
    *TVC Clone Trooper (AOTC)
    *Darth Vader pepper shaker and Stormtrooper salt shaker (from CVI)
    *8-bit style Millennium Falcon shirt

Non-Star Wars stuff
    *Blu-ray player with Wi-fi (for my apartment)
    *Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures on Blu-ray
    *The Power of Myth DVD - conversations with Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers from PBS
    *$150 to put towards a camera
    *$20 Best Buy gift card
    *money for a calendar
    *teal shirt
    *black-and-gray striped shirt
    *green-and-orange plaid shirt

My sister will be getting her golden retriever puppy Gus today as well, so that sorta counts.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Happy Boxing Day, to whomever celebrates that kind of thing! My Christmas was very fun and relaxing.

For some reason, some of the hauls were added to the 2008 thread despite the following years getting their own . . . any chance we can preserve my sanity and move them here (or elsewhere)? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
    I guess so, I'll move them even though TeeEye's post won't make sense anymore.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Fast forward three years from the last post.... http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...l=1#post710769

Hallmark Gen. Grievous ornament.
    "Oklahoma Santa" glass ornament.
    Two University of Oklahoma ornaments.
    Two shirts
    History book on famous battles throughout history (more of a compilation)
    Car charger for my phone
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Coolest stuff this post-apocalyptic Christmas year:
    - SW lenticular ruler
    - SW t-shirt (little small, but I'll seek a replacement size)
    - Converse-type shoe pillow
    - Indian thunder-maker hanger
    - 2013 calendar lip balm (a yearly gotta-have)
    - Steelers stuff (license plat holder, ornaments, gingerbread house)
    - football history book (with real "pigskin" and laces cover)
    - sweater, slacks, shirt, socks
    - more candy than I recall in past years
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Among other things, I got a blu-ray player. And not a rinky-dink one, either.

Sound the seventh trump.

Also quite a few awesome t-shirts (Chinese dragon, Rolling Stones, Yoda, Kermit the Frog, and 20s-styled Futurama), Batman Chuck Taylors and socks, some blu-ray movies, cash, and an Amazon gift card.

The family got some awesome kitchen stuff (seriously, neither Mrs. Chux nor myself would ever scoff at anything cooking-related), wine, Lego (SW and otherwise), a metric ton of Thomas the Tank Engine tracks (which I will confess a bit of a fascination with setting up awesome tracks for), membership to The Living Desert (an awesome zoo in the Palm Springs area).

Oh, and text messaging. Sound the eighth trump, which I guess means it's a superapocalypse.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Canon Powershot SX260 camera <- For Myself
    40" HDTV <-For Myself
    Clothes <- For Myself
    Darth Maul Returns Battle Pack <- From Mom
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3 on DVD <-For Myself
    $50.00 <- From Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Converse-type shoe pillow
    Is that a pillow for your Converse-type shoes, or a pillow that looks like a Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars-type shoe?
    - more candy than I recall in past years
    Oh dude, yesterday I brought my cousin and her family a 2lb box of Russell Stovers, it was the size of a large board game. 30 minutes later when her brother and his family arrive, he gives her a 2.5lb Whitmans Sampler giganto-box! We had 4 and a half pounds of chocolates on one table! And that's on top of the mountains of cookies my cousin made, and the 2 pies. Apparently 2012 is the year of christmas sweets.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Batman Chuck Taylors
    Back in '89, my dad's now-ex bought both the yellow and the black styles of the first Batman Chuck Taylors when the world was Keaton-Batman-crazy. What Bat-pattern are yours?

Oh, and text messaging. Sound the eighth trump, which I guess means it's a superapocalypse.
    FINALLY! Welcome back to the 21st century.

Great hauls all around so far gang.

For Christmas, we got as many of our family together as we could muster out at my cousin's place waaaaay out in Hesperia, which is almost as far a drive for me as Comic-Con and I rarely have driven that far and back in a single day.

My hauls:
    Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Artoo and Threepio
    Jetwing Optimus Prime (procured at the $60 price, that was important to me that they didn't pay too much)
    Klingon Bird of Prey Haynes manual
    Doctor Who 10th Doctor TARDIS beach towel
    break 'em yourself Geodes
    10x loose 9mm Cubic Zirconia - they just look really cool and are surprisingly inexpensive for cut man-made stones.
    Venture Bros season 4 pt 2 DVD
    Black Dynamite blu-ray
    indoor RC helicopter
    Coby bluetooth soundbar
    USB squid hub that can run off AC power as well
    light sphere
    maze sphere
    cookies
    $25 Olive Garden gift card (traded with my vegetarian family member who got a $25 Panda Express card - nothing at Panda is vegetarian except the white rice, not even the mixed vegetables).
    Timothy Zahn - Visions of the Future (but I have to track down a copy of Specter of the Past first).

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Is that a pillow for your Converse-type shoes, or a pillow that looks like a Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars-type shoe?
    Oh dude, yesterday I brought my cousin and her family a 2lb box of Russell Stovers, it was the size of a large board game. 30 minutes later when her brother and his family arrive, he gives her a 2.5lb Whitmans Sampler giganto-box! We had 4 and a half pounds of chocolates on one table! And that's on top of the mountains of cookies my cousin made, and the 2 pies. Apparently 2012 is the year of christmas sweets.

Back in '89, my dad's now-ex bought both the yellow and the black styles of the first Batman Chuck Taylors when the world was Keaton-Batman-crazy. What Bat-pattern are yours?

FINALLY! Welcome back to the 21st century.

Great hauls all around so far gang.
    Here you go, with your post in the background.

Amazingly, there is LESS of that candy today than yesteday...

I've seen some different Cons in stores lately (Thundercats, DC characters, fluorescent colors, etc.), but haven't bought any new ones for a few months (I have about 25 different pairs, for almost any occasion/color); that may change soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC= Pillow Chucks.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	26914