Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What Vehicles From The Past Few Years Should Be Re-Released?

JT started a thread about figures that could be re-released.

Hasbro started to reduce the sizes of new vehicles and are coming out with smaller versions of Slave One and Jedi Starfighters amongst whatever else - trying to get back to a $20 price point I guess.

In business, a position of economies of scale exists when profits at the margin grow increasingly strong.

When Hasbro makes a new mold(s) for vehicles, they have to sell so many units after all costs to pay for the investment before they see profit.

When they can repaint a vehicle like the AT-AT (Hoth and then Endor) or the darn Jedi Starfighter (pink for R2-KT's next?) or even better, just re-release it (Vintage Box BMF) they make almost sheer profit.

There are some vehicles that have not seen re-release for a while though. Maybe these would sell again - or could have for Christmas:

1. Original Falcon (cheaper than the BMF)
    2. TIE fighter
    3. original X-wing (cheaper, smaller to ship)
    4. Landspeeder
    5. Y-wing
    6. Twin Pod Cloud Car
    7. TIE Bomber
    8. skiff - or new skiff (though this is good to wait on until 2013 and the 30th for ROTJ)
    9. Imperial Shuttle

10. Royal Starship
    11. Flash Speeder
    12. Anakin's AOTC airspeeder
    13. Zam's AOTC airspeeder
    14. AT-TE
    15. Geonosian Fighter
    16. Tri-Droid Fighter
    17. General Grievous' Wheelbike
    18. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
    19. V-wing Fighter
    20. Droid Gunship
    21. ARC-170
    22. Wookiee Flyer
    23. TurboTank
    24. Homing Spider Droid Walker

25. CW Jedi Airspeeder
    26. Octopara droid
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I do see a lack of "aggressive" HERO vehicles for the PT characters (like Jedi Starfighters) but a change of pace to the classic ships and the OLD molds for the X-wings and Y-wings might work well for cheaper vehicles and getting a "hero" product out there.

Or is Hasbro going to futher REDUCE the size of X-wing and Y-wings for their new class-2 vehicles?

I don't see a need. Use the 1978 molds / 1995 molds. Gut the electronics.

Now you have Star Wars Recession Toys.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Also, you could now produce the Niemoidian shuttle and promote it as Anakin and Obi-Wan's stolen ship.

The angel fish inspired Jedi transport and Palpatine's style (from ROTS) of Republic shuttle craft for hero vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    When they can repaint a vehicle like the AT-AT (Hoth and then Endor) or the darn Jedi Starfighter (pink for R2-KT's next?) or even better, just re-release it (Vintage Box BMF) they make almost sheer profit.
    Unfortunately that's not really true anymore. Labor costs have increased so much that it's now apparently cheaper to tool up new vehicles that use fewer materials and have fewer parts. We're not likely to see any vehicle repaints or rereleases in the main line anytime soon, though I'm sure there will be plenty to go around in the Class I line.

Was the Endor repaint at-at (the new mold)ever actually released? The only thing I'd really like to see repainted and rereleased is the snow speeder. I hope the speeder bikes with Luke and Leia are in the queue for the 3d release of ROTJ. Other than that, I'm not really excited about anything they've made recently. I'm still hoping the esb repaint of the big slave one comes to fruition in 2013. I'm looking forward to seeing which x wing they choose for the release they told us about at celebration VI. If it's the same mold again with no major improvements I'll be skipping it.
    Last edited by mtriv73; 12-30-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: autocorrect hates star wars

That's OK mtriv. I skip all the repaints / re-releases.

That product is really intended for the newbies, not myself, except when in the movies...

Anakin has a yellow, then green Jedi starfighter.

Obi-Wan has a red one, and then a blue one.

The B-Slave-One is a natural however, and the Endor / Hoth walker changes.

They can do the X-wing with Dagobah variation of course.

The darn BMF could change voice chips. We have ANH now. What about ESB with a packaging change?

Y-Wings and A-Wings have color changes.

And AOTC / CW Jedi starfighters obviously had them.

Now new battle-damaged deco could be applied to the V-19, an Imperial paint scheme to the V-wing, and battle damage could go on the Droid Gunship and vulture droid fighters. Kashyyyk swamp paint on the Corporate Aliance tank droid and so on...

I'm still not in the market, but others would be.

The Cruisemissile Trooper.

Though I'd rather see an update, a re-release would be fine to get this ship into the hands of a new generation.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Do the Deluxe figures count as "vehicles?" We desperately need a new Crowd Control Stormtrooper (Occupy Tatooine, anyone?) and Smuggler set (Han could sell black market electro-petrol).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Was the Endor repaint at-at (the new mold)ever actually released? The only thing I'd really like to see repainted and rereleased is the snow speeder.
    I believe the Endor AT-AT was released in other countries, but not yet in the US - maybe so they could move those TVC Falcons first, or those 2010 AT-ATs that they keep replenishing. Hopefully it will be out soon.

The snowspeeder is a good choice - the 2010 mold is great and I'd love to see it repainted with orange highlights and packed with a Snowspeeder Pilot Wedge figure as an exclusive somewhere.

The Mando transport and the new Naboo N1 Starfighter are a couple I wouldn't mind seeing released again.