Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Mando transport and the new Naboo N1 Starfighter are a couple I wouldn't mind seeing released again.

Yes to the mandalorian ship Snowtrooper! I wanted two but could only swallow 1 Jedi Starfighter
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Any that have not yet been rereleased should be. Also, not sure where to post this, but I found the Republic Assault Submarine w/Aqua Clone Trooper today at Ross for $7.99. Figure is a little fugly, but I like the little sub vehicle.

MTT - Separatist colors and be retooled to fit Super Battle Droids, would have to be a store exclusive.

Or better yet, they should just release the Separatist Super Tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	26930

The original Falcon's mold was damaged beyond repair, that's what spurred the creation of the BMF. So you can't have a re-release on that, it's not feasible.

With the Class II fleet line turning vehicles into hopeless, hollow junk, all the talk of these rereleases would be exclusives which means higher prices.

While I once pushed the idea of re-releasing the POTF2 version of the '78 X-wing (the POTF2 piece had a nicer deco and a sculpting fix to the nose), it's no longer worth exploring because it can't be a $20/$25 mainline release.

We just got a re-release on the Y-wing, that mold has long outworn its welcome and it's time to go, the sculpting is terrible on the body and there's a lot of compromises that have left it hobbled.

It'd be nice to see the recent Naboo Fighter get back out there, but I ain't expecting miracles there and it's got a somewhat limited draw.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm wondering what direction future SW vehicle toys will head in?

1) With new movies, under Disney, and their unsuccessful (if even real) attempts to buy Hasbro, will the toy license for Star Wars continue under Hasbro?

a) I am not going to re-buy ANH through ROTS figures made by a new manufacturer just because they make Nyrat Agira or Queen Jamilla, or some other obscure figure I really want for my dioramas, but ONLY for a new toy line of a variant size and quality.

b) I might by Episode 7 figures from a new manufacturer and things like Stormtroopers if they look the same as ANH but are required to go with the Episode 7 cast.

b-1) note: NEVER before has a SW movie been narrated in flashback by a visiting cameo guest star - such as Mark Hamill playing the older Luke, relating a tale about himself, mostly portrayed by a new actor, also playing Luke - like when he's 26 -28 during HTTE (Luke was 23 during ROTJ though Mark was older when playing him). I don't think this will be done now. So you have an "action movie" staring 60-year olds (possible but not Star Wars' tradition) or you have a new young 20-something / 30-something cast - predictably Han & Leia's - and Luke's Jedi kids - take on the action (so why not Jaina Solo - who'd have to be about 30 years old, brothers already DEAD) to fit Mark, Carrie, and Harrison's ages. So a new toy manufacturer or Hasbro would make the Jaina Solo Episode 7 figure, and stormtroopers or what-not that go with her.

c) I'll be hard-pressed to enjoy the line if the vehicles (a staple of SW since the beginning) are made as under-sized (severely undersized) hollow shells like this new class-2 line. I'm not buying any of it, and worry that the next few years and the economy is going to dictate that ALL the ships (x-wings and TIEs - and Jaina flys an x-wing for her personal ship) are made in this cheaper line. I may severely limit my collecting even though I'm a fan of Jaina, Ben Skywalker, and Allanah Solo (well, I don't really know the 8 year old or care that much about Jacen's daughter yet).

But here's the thing: we may have permanently or for the long term, LOST the access to higher quality vehicles.

If designs for the sequel-sequels follow any EU, we might see the K-wing Bomber, TIE Defender, Chiss fighter, Corral Skipper, Wild Karrde, Jadesfire, Stinger, etc. and all of this will be made as cheaper, undersized crap.

Look at the K-wing bomber (and Lego made this one already, btw before you say you wouldn't want to see THIS SHIP on the big screen. And like the ARC-170 was a great toy, I think this thing would translate nicely to even a $70 pricepoint, but ought to be $45 (thinking like a 2005 ROTS collector in terms of prices). (Jaina and most Jedi in the EU - Corran Horn etc. fly traditonal x-wings however - the K-wing would be a New Republic assault bomber, not a "hero ship" specifically but Anakin and Obi-Wan did not fly ARC-170's and have never been seen in one, to my knowledge).

Anyway, I would not want a K-wing made as undersized crap.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

1) With new movies, under Disney, and their unsuccessful (if even real) attempts to buy Hasbro, will the toy license for Star Wars continue under Hasbro?
    That rumor was false, they never tried to buy Hasbro. Hasbro has the license for another 7 years, but based on the toy market today there is no manufacturer who could compete with the brand's needs, Mattel is showing they don't have what it takes these days and they're the only one large enough to counter that bid.

Look at the K-wing bomber (and Lego made this one already, btw before you say you wouldn't want to see THIS SHIP on the big screen.
    Lego did not make a K-wing set.

I'm familiar with the vehicle, I think it's unattractive and not very Star Wars-like. It's also too big for a regular vehicle release, and too unknown for an expensive exclusive vehicle release.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I'm familiar with the vehicle, I think it's unattractive and not very Star Wars-like. It's also too big for a regular vehicle release, and too unknown for an expensive exclusive vehicle release.
    On the K-wing.

I would say it's a little unoriginal but very Star-WarZ.

The front is a dual-cockpit Y-wing, the body is like an ARC 170 with some Republic Gunship engines, and the front turret bubble, straight from the Republic gunship.

I think the artist was trying to be Star-WarsZ by just using elements of existing ships.

Now if the FICTIONAL manufacturers of the B-wing were related to INCOM (the X-wing manufacturer) and a few of the others (don't know what FICTIONAL company makes the Republic gunship or the ARC-170 - the latter might be INCOM as a matter-of-fact) it would make sense that the design incorporates what previously sold for the fictional manufacturer.

So the ship is Star-WarZ. But we're off topic.

My own thread was not intended to turn into a lobby for the K-wing, regardless of who does and does not want it.

What I can say, is that if they use the K-wing in Episode 7, 8, 9 or so, it would no longer be an "unknown." It's just our opinions as to whether it's Star-WarZ. I'm not saying that my opinion is correct - I'm just saying why I hold my opinion. As to the size? The ARC-170 was made under-size I think. The K-wing would have to be made undersized. I don't think it qualifies for a Big Vehicle treatment even by BEING in Episode 7 because Jaina and Ben, nor Han, Leia, or Luke (or even Wedge) fly those - like they never flew B-wings or A-wings.

I'd like to see the Snowspeeder re-released with orange details, and maybe a (limited? exclusive?) repaint inspired by the Rogue 2 AF Snowspeeder.

I would also like to see a non-exclusive A-wing re-release.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

same for the Naboo Fighter
    All the characters from the Star Wars films needs to be made into figures especially Luke Snowspeeder pilot (new head without cap), Wedge Snowspeeder pilot and the rest of the X-Wings, Snowspeeders, Y-Wings and B-Wings pilots! Biggs Darklighter as X-Wing, all the Jedis and all the Skiff and Sail Barge Guards all needed improvement and movie accurate!