Sideshow's Prequel-Era Yoda

The "12 Days of Sideshow" announcements continue, the latest featuring a "new" 1:6 scale Yoda as he was featured in the Prequels- "Jedi Master" Yoda.

The sculpt seems a little stern and the outfit (especially the robe) seems too fitted and too small....but it is just one picture (at Sideshow's site) with a full "reveal" (hopefully gallery and specs/accessories listing) of the figure on New Year's Day.

The was a pretty easy one for Sideshow here...already had the "special" body (we knew they'd get at least one more use out of it now) and the cut-n-sew from the previous version (although as I mention above, I hope the robe gets re-visited and changed from what the picture is showing so far...it's a big miss).

I won't be surprised if this doesn't end up being a Sideshow site exclusive and a bare-bones one at that. A smaller box, maybe the same alternate feet/hands the last release featured, a lightsaber hilt and...that's probably about it for around $70.00 (trying to be optimistic here...it'll probably be more)...

A more optimistic hope is for a council chair (or the floating one featured in AOTC) or some kind of "environment" piece similar to the "log" that the last version featured (a Kashyyyk-style base? piece of the council chamber floor? Nah...I'm dreaming now...)

We'll see soon enough on New Year's Day...

2 sculpts is how they get around the stern look: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/conten...Pre-order-Info

Personally, I think $100 is too much for such a small figure and a relatively simple outfit. It was an easy pass for me since I don't like prequel Yoda much, but even if I did, that pricetag on top of the issues they had with their first Yoda keep it out of my interest zone.

That said, it isn't a bad-looking figure and their solution is decent. The accessories aren't shabby either, although I don't see an "off" lightsaber hilt.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

According to the list stats listed with the figure at SSC, he does come with an un-lit saber hilt as well as the lit one.

I'm with you on the price...it's a little steep here, even with what's offered....

The chair(s) are a nice addition, but the main council chair doesn't look that different in quality from the one Hasbro featured with their version several years ago (unless Sideshow is offering that in polystone) and while the "floating" chair is interesting, two things about it stick out to me - the way the figure is sitting in it in the photos...almost like a kid in a booster chair instead of him sitting in it cross-legged like we saw him in AOTC (maybe the figure can't achieve that pose) and the other....well, the idea of the section of scarred-up council chamber flooring is better than just a basic SW black stand, but...again, in AOTC, we saw that chair floating along a temple hallyway, not in the chamber itself. Probably more of a case of "artistic license" the "accuracy" and not a deal-breaker or anything...just something I noticed. One last thing on that "Jedi Council" floor-inspired stand....wish it was available separately...would love to feature it with Mace on display.

Don't know if I'm getting this yet...the sculpts are decent, but not jaw-dropping and that weak robe is driving me crazy...we'll see....

Someone's going to be reshooting the whole set photo if there's supposed to be an unlit saber with it.

Polystone? I highly doubt it at this price.

Yeah, the cut-n-sew on the outfit does look really weak, it's too bad. Maybe it'll look better at Comic-Con, but there's absolutely no chance my money will be spent on this or any $70+ Yoda figure.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I caved and ordered the little green guy...
    Just got him. First thought...there are some improvements of the "Jedi Mentor" version here and having the chairs, the alternate portrait, the sabers and hands do give one some good display options. Cloak is a big step up...wired edges make it easy to achieve some nice "action" or stationary looks.

Paint apps seem better (epsecially the the eyes)...hard to captured just what shade of green is going on with him in pictures, but he does seem to match the CG Yoda's look here.

More thoughts later after I pull out the whole set for a look...in the meantime, here's a shot of him with his Clone Commander....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YODA-JM_GREE-004.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	27945

Looks good, and I do see what you mean over the OT version. That said, it's still too rich for my blood. Nice shot, although I feel like it should be cropped differently, at first I thought because of the way it's cropped just above Gree's knee that Yoda was standing waist-high.

Another shot of Yoda and Padawan Kenobi...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TPM-KENOBI_YODA-003.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	28049