Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    No, there were supposed to be 12 - you put "TIE Fighter Pilot" and "Backstabber" on two separate lines.
    Weird, I copy-pasted your list. Still, a dozen figures is unnecessary for a new wave, they tried that with TVC and it backfired hard.

R2-D2 looked to me like a clean repaint of the 2007 version based on the R4-G9 mold, which I've wanted for a while now since the only other AOTC/ROTS booster rocket figure was the abysmal 2003 joke.
    Oh, notable disinterest for me then. Any pre-2011 mold is going to look bad in my collection compared to the ROTJ figure they finally took accurate measurements on.

The Geonosian Warrior was a repaint of Sun Fac, though I'm not sure how different it was going to be from the handful of repaints the mold has already had.
    Total pass then.

Vader looked like he was based on the Evolutions mold yet again, as seen in this image from the CVI panel.
    Very mild interest then, yeesh.

The A-wing Pilot looked like the Tycho body yet again.
    Super pass.

There's an AOTC clone pilot out right now with the 2013 Republic Assault Dropship, but it's the 2005 Evolutions sculpt. I'm pretty sure the last time they released one (well, two) was in the battle pack with the gunship pod in 2009, but there hasn't been a single-carded version since the original in 2002.
    I was thinking single-carded, but couldn't find one so it just feels like we've seen him a lot. I just don't care enough about this design anymore I guess, so they all blend together. Either that or just a lot of trips to the Clone Wars version's well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Who is Backstabber?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Oh, notable disinterest for me then. Any pre-2011 mold is going to look bad in my collection compared to the ROTJ figure they finally took accurate measurements on.
    Yeah, but at the same time I don't want them to redo every single astromech in the new proportions, either, so I consider the 2010 bartender figure to be a one-off rather than the new standard.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I was thinking single-carded, but couldn't find one so it just feels like we've seen him a lot. I just don't care enough about this design anymore I guess, so they all blend together. Either that or just a lot of trips to the Clone Wars version's well.
    That's true, I wasn't considering the TCW figures. Odd Ball was first released in 2009 and then repacked in 2010, and there have been a few versions with vehicles as well (TRU V-wing, Republic Assault Shuttle).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Who is Backstabber?
    One of Vader's wingmen from Yavin. His helmet has the gray stripes on the front (which we've gotten in figure form a few times), and also only has one Imperial symbol (on the left side) as opposed to two. (Whether or not that's accurate or just an effect of shadows is up for debate, but that's how it looks in the film.) Vader's other wingman, Mauler Mithel (who has a wedge cut out of his right Imperial symbol), is currently available in the TRU exclusive Yavin Pilot Pack.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Yeah, but at the same time I don't want them to redo every single astromech in the new proportions, either, so I consider the 2010 bartender figure to be a one-off rather than the new standard.
    R2-D2 is not any old Astromech, he's a hero character as much as Chewbacca or Lando, we want them to be done right, so why not R2 as well? Convenience? At $10 a pop there's nothing convenient about it for me, that's all about saving Hasbro some behind-the-scenes coin.

One of Vader's wingmen from Yavin. His helmet has the gray stripes on the front (which we've gotten in figure form a few times), and also only has one Imperial symbol (on the left side) as opposed to two. (Whether or not that's accurate or just an effect of shadows is up for debate, but that's how it looks in the film.) Vader's other wingman, Mauler Mithel (who has a wedge cut out of his right Imperial symbol), is currently available in the TRU exclusive Yavin Pilot Pack.
    It shouldn't be up for debate, I'll show why with these screen captures...

Mauler Mithel:
    (screenshot taken during the hunting of the Y-wings, Vader looks to his right and then they show this guy. While dark, you should be able to make out the wedge cut out of his Imp logo)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDVD_025.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	27072

Backstabber:
    (screenshots taken during the hunting of Red leader's wing detachment, you see Vader's TIE and his TIE wingmen's fighters, then you see Red 10 look over his left shoulder, and then you see Backstabber clear as day shooting. Backstabber moves his helmet back for a moment into the light and you can see the twin stripes that Mauler doesn't have, yet it sports both Imp logos, and doesn't have a wedge cut out of his Imp logo so it's definitely not Mauler, and there aren't any other TIE Fighters at this point in the film)

Name:	PDVD_028.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	27073

Name:	PDVD_029.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	27074

Name:	PDVD_030.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	27071
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The whole sequence is edited more for action and emotion than it is for continuity - for instance, Mithel (with the wedge missing from his right logo) is indeed the one who responds to Vader when Vader looks to his right, but he's also the one remaining pilot and the guy who runs into Vader ("Look out!") after Han kills Backstabber, so now Mithel is shown on Vader's left.

I initially thought that the pilot shown killing Red 10 (Theron Nett) could have been an editing issue, since we do see the gray-striped design on a TIE pilot with two logos during the shootout with the Falcon after it escapes the Death Star. There's also the fact that, when Theron Nett dies, we see a completely different pilot exploding, the recently named Puck Naeco (compare their helmets):

Name:	vlcsnap-2093881.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	27076

So it's not like the sequence is without its issues ("Blast it, Biggs, where are you," etc.). That said, there is only one other shot of Backstabber, and that's when he shoots Wedge's X-wing. It's brief, and when I looked at this scene before going to CVI, I didn't see that the logo does actually appear for a few frames in the Wedge-shooting shot:

Name:	vlcsnap-2095637.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	27077

The photo from the CCG is where this issue comes from, and it's reproduced on Backstabber's Wookieepedia entry. His right side is in shadow for the majority of his screentime, and evidently they picked a frame where the shadows were heavy.

So, that said, I guess I hope they don't release this figure after all.

I'm curious now. Did the Mouse Droids have individual names? No seriously. This is important for a guy like me to know.

I think Hasbro needs to make us action figures out of all of them.

Some Mouse Droids died on the Death Stars, but others served on Star Destroyers.

And while we're at it, on Clone Wars, they featured all those droids, but never was a Mouse Droid a featured character. The Buzz Droids got more to do.

I'm going to prepare a petition to Lucas / Disney, about Mouse Droid Affirmative TRACTion.

Yes, Sir.

What have you sniffed lately?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd say that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they start releasing individualized TIE Pilots.

Except they still haven't got to half the Cantina denizens and members of Jabba's court.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'd say that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they start releasing individualized TIE Pilots.

Except they still haven't got to half the Cantina denizens and members of Jabba's court.
    They "started" doing it a few years back, but obviously repainting a TIE Pilot's helmet takes up far fewer resources than designing, sculpting, and tooling an all-new figure. They could just keep re-releasing the same TIE Pilot, so at least they're mixing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

Are individualized Stromtroopers, Snowtroopers, and Biker Scouts next?

Individualized Mouse Droids!

And they should go back to the bios on the cards so we know where and during which movie each Mouse Droid served.