Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Okay, in any case, a name like "Backstabber" is pretty sad.

This being Star Wars, it should be B'a'q'st-a-ber. And his last name should be Antilles.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Okay, in any case, a name like "Backstabber" is pretty sad.
    Yeah, could you imagine if one of the guys in Top Gun had been nicknamed "Backstabber" and he spent the entire movie wondering why nobody wanted him to be their wingman? Then he finally convinced one of the other pilots to trust him and at the very last second in the movie he stabbed them in the back? Then the audience would be like, "Wow, didn't see that one coming."

I should totally write movies.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The whole sequence is edited more for action and emotion than it is for continuity - for instance, Mithel (with the wedge missing from his right logo) is indeed the one who responds to Vader when Vader looks to his right, but he's also the one remaining pilot and the guy who runs into Vader ("Look out!") after Han kills Backstabber, so now Mithel is shown on Vader's left.

I initially thought that the pilot shown killing Red 10 (Theron Nett) could have been an editing issue, since we do see the gray-striped design on a TIE pilot with two logos during the shootout with the Falcon after it escapes the Death Star. There's also the fact that, when Theron Nett dies, we see a completely different pilot exploding, the recently named Puck Naeco (compare their helmets):
    Attachment 27076

So it's not like the sequence is without its issues ("Blast it, Biggs, where are you," etc.). That said, there is only one other shot of Backstabber, and that's when he shoots Wedge's X-wing. It's brief, and when I looked at this scene before going to CVI, I didn't see that the logo does actually appear for a few frames in the Wedge-shooting shot:
    Attachment 27077

The photo from the CCG is where this issue comes from, and it's reproduced on Backstabber's Wookieepedia entry. His right side is in shadow for the majority of his screentime, and evidently they picked a frame where the shadows were heavy.

So, that said, I guess I hope they don't release this figure after all.
    Ding ding ding, that's what I'm sayin' yo!

As for the TIE Pilot who tumbles into Vader's TIE after the Falcon shoots the other guy, it's Mauler, I just played it, he's got the wedge cut out. So I guess Mauler and Backstabber swapped left to right (or the film did ).

Ugh, another problem caused by the CCG? What the hell? That game has cursed SW for too damned long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'd say that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they start releasing individualized TIE Pilots.

Except they still haven't got to half the Cantina denizens and members of Jabba's court.
    Releasing individual TIE Pilots helps keep collectors interested and keep a generic-enough TIE Pilot on shelves for kids, and since they don't need to retool to make every other one they can save that budget for stuff like Cantina denziens and members of Jabba's court.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Are individualized Stromtroopers, Snowtroopers, and Biker Scouts next?
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing that if it included height changes and in the case of Stormtroopers helmet changes, they are more susceptible to those in the OT. But I doubt we'll see that because there's so many more of them on screen than there are of TIE Piots.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yeah, could you imagine if one of the guys in Top Gun had been nicknamed "Backstabber" and he spent the entire movie wondering why nobody wanted him to be their wingman? Then he finally convinced one of the other pilots to trust him and at the very last second in the movie he stabbed them in the back? Then the audience would be like, "Wow, didn't see that one coming."

I should totally write movies.
    Maverick flew with Goose even though Goose was a Dead Duck. And that cost the Navy one F-14. That's what they got for trying to let a NERD fly!!!! NERRRRRRDS!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ding ding ding, that's what I'm sayin' yo!

Ugh, another problem caused by the CCG? What the hell? That game has cursed SW for too damned long!!!

Maverick flew with Goose even though Goose was a Dead Duck. And that cost the Navy one F-14. That's what they got for trying to let a NERD fly!!!! NERRRRRRDS!
    Ahh, yeeeah! :carrie:

Give a company access to on-the-fringe movie stills and it's as if millions of voices suddenly started mumbling at the same time. I fear something terrible has happened.

Or, that's just military affirmative action. Next, they'll have to let in cowards, too. COWARD! :sato :
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega