Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking New Trailer Rocks !

New Trailer is Awesome. Had to watch it at least 10 ten times. Just the scene with Anakin and two lightsabers was amazing but to see what is sure to become one of the best episodes in the trilogy was worth waiting for. Can't wait till May 16th........
    I know I will be inline waiting for Attack of the Clones when it opens.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'm really looking forward to the movie. I've had May 16th off for six months now. There's no way in hell I'll be working that day. I don't care if everyone calls in sick!!! I'll be in the theater, several times that day! :happy:
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

After seeing this trailer, I lost almost any desire of seeing this movie. In the newest trailer not a single line of dialogue I heard, with the exception of Christopher Lee to Obi-Wan, was delivered decently.

Some of the cgi looks really bad too. Yoda just plain sucks.

The action looks good, but other than that, I don't think this movie has anything going for it, unless your a star wars fan.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Cool NEW TRAILER

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I seriously disagree with you Wolfwood 319. I think AOTC is going to rock the theaters. I not saying that you wrong and some of the dialogue was weak but on the same note so was some of the static acting of Liam Neilson is EP I.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

EPII TRAILER

In response to Wolfwood319,

I would say that you are entitled to your own opinion. I agree with DarkArtist, however, that this movie is going to rock. The CGI was hard to decode, since some of the cuts were so fast, and I did not care for the dialogue, especially the Obi-Wan "This is why I hate flying" tidbit.

But on the other hand I think that film will have more strong points than weak ones. Lucas is not known for his dialogue, but for his storytelling. I think as a fan, or anyone else for that matter, you have to get past some of the weaknesses and step back to look at the saga as a whole. This is what makes Star Wars great. That is what will make EPII GREAT.

-JD
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

Begun this Clone War is!

It's not on TV for a couple of hours here in Cali, but I've downloaded it four times now. Awesome. IMHO, if this trailer is any indication, ESB may lose its crown.

Christopher Lee (is his character name still a spoiler since LFL's confirmed it many places?) looks to be quite the evil mutha. I can see him overshadowing the supposed fan fave Jango Fett. "Join me, Obi-Wan, and together we can destroy the Sith." Lucas definitely likes his parallels. Nice to see the flying Artoo finally, as well as the return of Battle Droids and Droidekas.

Notice that Jar Jar's only had a tiny cameo in all the trailers thus far?

And the Clone War proper. . . . Whew! Wild stuff. I have a feeling I'll see this a few times on the big screen and still not catch everything!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: EPII TRAILER

Originally posted by jdmarlow
    and I did not care for the dialogue, especially the Obi-Wan "This is why I hate flying" tidbit.
    I'm optimistic about this kind of dialogue. The trailer used it to play off of Anakin's line about flying, and I think it might just work to lighten the mood of those chase scenes. It strikes me as carefree and fun . . . can't wait to see how it plays out!

All but Yoda

It was great to watch the trailer at home. I actually thought the dialogue was delivered quite well. Even my mother recognized that they are trying to add a lighter element to these films. The actual action sequences were well-timed; the trailer is an amazing work. It took me a few viewings to disassociate the CGI elements of the film. I can suspend my disbelief on almost everything except Yoda. They just didn't get it right at all. It's like watching Jabba the Hutt in the Star Wars Special Edition. Not even close. I think what George Lucas and other movie makers need to realize is that when these characters were created in the 80's, they had life in them, whether it was Frank Oz's hand or full puppeteers manipulating Jabba's features--humans were in control and brought them to life. CGI graphics can work on buildings since they are lifeless, but to create these creatures through them makes them seem rather fake. To me anyway, but I am a child of the 70's, and maybe the new generations couldn't care less. But who are we kidding...I am SO there on May 16, 17 and 18...

I only stated that the movie will not appeal to non-Star Wars fans because when I watched the trailer, I was at a friends house. My friends enjoy the OT as films, but their fandom ends there. They did not like E1, and have expressed that after seeing the trailers, they see AOTC more as a seqeul to that D&D movie a few years back, than an actual Star Wars movie.

I'm sure the action will be decent, but there is just too much cgi, IMO. Its almost like a plague at this point in the film industry. Because you can put any conceivable creation on screen at this point, writers and directors don't seem to try as hard to make the story stand out from the Special Effects.

The space battles with Slave 1 looked cool, and cgi works for space battles because its just ships. But then we see scenes of hundreds of those flying creatures, and it just seems forced. Especially when there is a real person in the scene with them. Yoda especially, he just looks terrible.

My main problem is with the acting. With the exception of Christopher Lee, every line of dialogue I've heard in all of the trailers seemd very very stale or forced. Like that whole bit of Obi hating to fly, it just sounded bad.

Those are my only two main problems with the movie, but they're big problems in my book. I'm sure the movie will be decent, better than TPM, but I'm just not looking forward to it as much as the rest of you. It only seems a step above TPM then a step above sci-fi movies in general.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

A saga people love and love to hate.

I donít know man. Come one we have seen probably less than 4 minutes of the movie (four chopped and out of order minutes) and your already counting it out? Theoretically couldnít you show 4 out of order minutes of Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gladiator, or whatever movie has the greatest dialog and make it seem kind of weak? The old ďDonít judge a book by its coverĒ adage seems very adamant here.

Regular people donít get star wars anyway. They may like it or not, but they donít truly understand it. That is why many people didnít like TPM. It was a very complicated story and did not explain itself in the end. Lucas has said that TPM will make more since after AOTC. At this point who the hell knows. You cannot trust anyone.

There will always be na-sayers. I have had to restrain myself several times while talking with people in person who insult Star Wars, mainly TPM. I donít care who thinks what about AOTC. I donít care because I will watch it and I will like it. See, it doesnít matter because I wonít see a dime of the billion dollars it will make. I wonít get an Oscar statue it will win for best special effects. I wonít get a MTV MA Sam Jackson will win for best action sequence, and I wonít get a Grammy it will win for best classical score. I will see it a dozen times and will learn and see something new each time.

Star Wars is a movie.