Article: Sideshow Collectible Announces Darth Malgus Sixth Scale Figure

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Wow, what an unusual turn of events. This figure will have to be pricy just because it's got to have several types of exotic materials used for the complicated outfit, I suspect this one will have the look that justifies its pricetag. I doubt I'll be buying him only because I don't really have enough connection to the character, it was ok to buy a $10 figure but a $150-ish figure on a character I've only seen in ads for a game, I can't afford it. It'll be cool to see in person at Comic-Con though, no question.

Initially, he looks great. But there are so many other main movie characters sideshow could develop instead.

Part of me says you're right, still no Luke X-wing, no Han Hoth, no Leia Bespin escape/Hoth, no Biker Scout, no Jango Fett or probably other prequel jerks. But without new expressions of new ideas, the line would become stagnate. I feel like if they hadn't been so focused on clones the last little bit, there wouldn't be as much cause for such backlash.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes, the clone obsession along with the escalating prices have been a black eye on sideshow. My real concern is, who do you display him with? It would be nice if they did a two pack with a Sith solider or Shae Vizla, just to get the Old Republic line out there. Of course a $350 box set would scare people off...

Interesting point, what do you display him with? He's from an entirely different era, I hadn't thought about that. I just thought of him as a cool thing on his own, which I would assume is the point since TOR is not really taking off the way it was expected to, but having him standing around with crazy eyes and a lightsaber isn't all he could be. I say just stick him with some clones, there's plenty to go around.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.