Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart 3-D collection

I found some of the Wal-Mart exclusive 3-D collection figures at 5 Below yesterday for $5.00 each.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case at my walmart, still $10. Dusty and beat up packaging with the 3D glasses barely hanging on, but still $10.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

He's talking about finding them at the chain "Five Below": http://www.fivebelow.com/
    They're a discount chain like 99 cent Only (both do liquidation as well as non-liquidated products, unlike Ross and TJ Maxx which are pure liquidators).

That's a great find, it's too bad they're not in California or Oklahoma. Which figures did you find? What conditions were the cards in?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, that's embarrassing. My mistake - I've never heard of Five Below before and was overzealous in wanting these things to be clearanced out. I've been staring at them for the vast majority of 2012... they need to go away.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Nah, don't worry about it, easy mistake, I only know of them because of other forumites mentioning them from time to time, like Meijer's.

So I'm starting to think Walmart is liquidating them instead of clearancing them, but that seems kinda expensive for them to pack up all that beat-up product they have lingering, so maybe they over-ordered and had untouched cases and that's what's going on here. If it's the latter, then WM will have a short period of clearancing the in-store stock at some point.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I visited two more locations yesterday. Both had some of the 3-D figures. Between the three locations I've been to, I've seen all the figures except the Gungan warrior and G8-R3. The cards are in new out of the case condition. I hadn't heard of Five Below until a few months ago when I read about a collector finding vintage figures there on another website. I looked them up on their website and found stores near me. The vintage figures they have are from the earlier waves and they are $5.00 too.

That's impressive, thanks for reporting those. What crazy finds, my WM got bogged down with the figures nobody wanted - Droideka, Yoda, Qui-Gon - and didn't see many of those.

There aren't any Five Below stores in Colorado, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind getting more Droidekas, Gungans, or Tusken Raiders for $5, but oh well. I haven't really gone to Walmart for a few weeks so I'm not sure if they're clearancing these out there or what. A few stores had Fighter Pods and MTTs for 50% off but not much else on sale, though the various Walmarts around me tend to vary wildly in terms of what they carry.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Five Below is a very cool store. I have been able to grab some cheap toys there before, including the RTS Windcharger from Transformers.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I saw some today, all with their glasses ripped off the cards. Nice. And by "nice" I mean something NOT nice.
    "That's what Sheev said."