Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    *With the new trilogy of films likely taking place in the same time as pre-existing EU material, do you foresee that post-ROTJ EU figures will become less likely (perhaps as a mandate from Lucasfilm/Disney, similar to how they wanted to focus on the CGI Clone Wars series as opposed to the 2D microseries)?
    This one I think is probably going to be too speculative to be answered, I rewrote it to I think shore it up a little since it's gonna need a lot of help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Are we going to see any kind of recognition of the 30th anniversary of ROTJ in 2013? It seems like Hasbro has forgotten about it completely.
    They also did a ton of it in 2012 - AT-AT, Ewoks, 2 pilots packs, AT-ST, Ewok 2-pack, AT-ST driver 2-pack, and I'm probably forgetting something else - I've added that to the question as it leaves me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Maybe they've already answered this, but since they've released scaled down versions of older vehicles, is this going to be the norm going forward?
    I remember them saying at Comic-Con that this was the intention, but I'm not entirely sure I understand what your question's focus is - is it about scaling down existing ships, or is it just the new size itself?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I remember them saying at Comic-Con that this was the intention, but I'm not entirely sure I understand what your question's focus is - is it about scaling down existing ships, or is it just the new size itself?
    It was kinda about both. I was wondering if all resculpted/new vehicles are going to be in this size range from now on, excluding BMF vehicles of course. Disappointing but not surprising if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    It was kinda about both. I was wondering if all resculpted/new vehicles are going to be in this size range from now on, excluding BMF vehicles of course. Disappointing but not surprising if this is the case.
    Yeah, that is the case, this is the new Class 2, and I agree, horribly disappointing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got another one:

With the prices of individual figures and exclusives continuing to spiral up (a $100 price increase on the rereleased Millenium Falcon) and the quality of those toys continuing to drop (mismatched joint colors, simplistic or missing paint apps, cheap construction), are you guys ready to admit that the price is simply too high for the product you are creating and is a major factor in driving away potential sales?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Or, if BigB's question is too harsh, how about asking if they see a potential "breaking point" in pricing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is what prompted the question:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alcoprices.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	27041

It's a photo from the local Alco toy aisle from this weekend. Alco is a smaller, regional retail chain in the midwest/southwest. Kind of like what your average small-town Walmart was back in 80s.

However, I've been paying attention to the prices of their Star Wars figures over the last 6 years and, while they are usually much higher than the other retailers, the MSRP usually catches up with Alco's price within 2-3 years. For instance, they were charing $8 per figure back in 2006, and the MSRP caught up to that by 2009. In 2009, Alco was charging $10 per figure, which is the current price.

$13 per figure is what Alco has been charging since 2012, so I'm wondering if this is what we can expect to see everywhere by 2015.

I simply don't think the line is sustainable at that price.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I already have a question on here about that, #5.

I've seen photos of Joes from the 80s (since I don't remember how much they were) priced at $2.99. Joes are usually on par with SW. They were $5 just about five years ago (as were SW). Now, they're $10-12.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've seen photos of Joes from the 80s (since I don't remember how much they were) priced at $2.99. Joes are usually on par with SW. They were $5 just about five years ago (as were SW). Now, they're $10-12.
    Say what now? Unless you're shopping at some magical store, SW figures haven't been $5 since 2004 (and, in some stores, 2005).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Rebelscum is reporting that light-up Anakin and the Geonosis Battle Droid are confirmed for Movie Heroes wave one - though it's based on what Hasbro told them at the UK Toy Fair and could still be incorrect. Still, I've modified the question slightly:

2. Four Movie Heroes figures have been revealed at conventions and released internationally - light-up lightsaber Anakin, rappel-line jetpack Boba, tan exploding Battle Droid, and light-up blaster Sandtrooper - but none have been released in the US. The Sandtrooper and a maroon repaint of the Battle Droid were revealed at Celebration as coming in 2013, and apparently Anakin is on his way as well, but what about the tan droid and Boba Fett?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram