Article: Toy Fair 2013 Preview: Star Wars Scalextric adds Battle of Hoth

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

They've been bringing these to Toy Fair for a while now, but I never end up seeing them on hobby or toy store shelves unfortunately. The price seems very high for a simple 20' figure-8 track with a few cut-outs, but I'd still like to see them in person to decide for myself. Honestly, these and the speeder bike ones from last year seem like they'd be super fun.

Ah, so its an expensive, Star Wars-themed race car set?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    Ah, so its an expensive, Star Wars-themed race car set?
    Exactly, it's a slot-car set.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Exactly, it's a slot-car set.
    Kind of wish they's just concentrate on making SW themed, fully articulated action figures, vehicles (to scale), and playsets. Some of the other stuff is okay but if they'd stick to the core stuff and made their distribution a lot better, fans would be a lot happier and much more money would be made. We all know that, of course.
    Good trader(s): TheDarthVader...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    Kind of wish they's just concentrate on making SW themed, fully articulated action figures, vehicles (to scale), and playsets. Some of the other stuff is okay but if they'd stick to the core stuff and made their distribution a lot better, fans would be a lot happier and much more money would be made. We all know that, of course.
    This isn't Hasbro, it's a UK slot car company, Scalextric, I suspect it's a bigger deal in the UK and Europe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.