Article: Lego Accused Of Racism Over Star Wars Jabba's Palace Set

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Here's a story that includes a comparison pic:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-mosque.html

Uh, yeah. I'm going to sue Star Wars because the Turbo Tank has wheels so they totally ripped off my car and I deserve a thousand dollars!!!!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks for the link. "We invented towers and domes, they be hatin!" I truly hope LEGO doesn't buckle to this, it's utter garbage.

That said, pretty sure the door was on the other side from the dome and tower in the movie design.

In so much as a round building made out of plastic bricks can look like a real building made out of stone and bricks, then YES it's exact. How exactly is a toy brick building that shares a few basic design elements as a real building "racist?"

If the Lego toy looked more like the Hagia Sophia (a Roman-era CHURCH, by the way, that was converted to a mosque centuries later) and more unlike the film version, I could see the complaint. This is just downright stupid, though. Merely moving the door to make a simpler toy does not racism make. (And I'm surprised there's no gripe about the Gamorreans being intentionally included because pigs are unclean to Muslims, or something.)

Hence my claim that the Turbo Tank rips off my car and I deserve royalties even though I didn't make it. GET ON IT, DISNEY!!! I NEED TO PAY MY RENT!!!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What a bunch of Turekys! It *could* have been a little more movie-accurate but it's pretty clear that it is not supposed to represent that church.

Too bad they didn't make the door ten times bigger on the outside than it is on the inside to commemorate the Blu-ray release. THAT is the real tragedy here.

heh, yeah! Oh, JJ Abrahms is directing Episode 7!

Those crazy Turks!

Seems to me that their beef is with ROTJ itself, not necessarily the toy. I really don't think they have a leg to stand on in court.