Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Article: J.J. Abrams To Direct 'Star Wars: Episode VII'

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

TV and Movie Hack To Ruin 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
    "Hey, I ruined Star Trek by making it stupid and ripping off Star Wars wholesale, and it made a fortune! So I figured this was the only logical choice in my career. More lens flares AND a Budweiser brewery for Star Wars? You better believe it. Thanks, suckers!" Abrams was quoted as saying.

Oh well...
    He's a Hollywood "it" boy that probably makes Disney feel safe. Nothing bold about this choice...just sad really.

I was hoping a fresh voice would have been approached for this. I know his "Trek" flick is popular, but I personally feel like it doesn't hold up too well over time...I've tried watching it again, but other than the very cool opening scenes with George Kirk, it just turns into a mish-mash of pale SW riffs, lens flares and "wouldn't it e cool if..." moments...some that may look great and some that are utterly ridiculous, but don't feel like "Star Trek".

To use an overused line from the original SW saga...."I have a bad feeling about this..."

....but I'm sure it'll be a hit and most moving-going folks will love it. Oh well....I'll always have the original six to watch and collect from....

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Oh well...
    He's a Hollywood "it" boy that probably makes Disney feel safe. Nothing bold about this choice...just sad really.

I was hoping a fresh voice would have been approached for this. I know his "Trek" flick is popular, but I personally feel like it doesn't hold up too well over time...I've tried watching it again, but other than the very cool opening scenes with George Kirk, it just turns into a mish-mash of pale SW riffs, lens flares and "wouldn't it e cool if..." moments...some that may look great and some that are utterly ridiculous, but don't feel like "Star Trek".

To use an overused line from the original SW saga...."I have a bad feeling about this..."

....but I'm sure it'll be a hit and most moving-going folks will love it. Oh well....I'll always have the original six to watch and collect from....
    Pretty much right on the money. Don't get me wrong, "wouldn't it be cool if..." writing can make a great film, that's how Wrath of Khan was made, but the superior writing around those cherrypicked moments is what made it all work together.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    The good news is it only has to be better than Attack of the Clones. So the bars set really low...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I wasn't talking about this site in particular. First site to use "confirmed" is the one that gets my giggles.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The official site has confirmed it, so I guess it's officially official. Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have been announced as consultants, bringing some conclusion to that rumor as well. I haven't seen much of Abrams' work aside from Super 8, but I really liked that, and he sounds like enough of a fan to do right by it, so hopefully this is good news.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Good choice, I'm looking forward to seeing this new film, congrats to you Mr. Abrams!

Making Star Trek stupid? It's almost as if you never saw the first nine movies...

I actually liked the Star Trek reboot, so this is good news.

But wouldn't lens flares in a Star Wars movie be called "Force flares"?