Hybrid View

Article: J.J. Abrams' 'Star Wars' Might Not Arrive In 2015

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Go ahead, wait.

Wait a century or two.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No 3D this year and now no new movie in 2015. And who knows about the live action show. Is this what we have to look forward to now that Disney is driving?

Quote Originally Posted by WesleySr View Post
    No 3D this year and now no new movie in 2015. And who knows about the live action show. Is this what we have to look forward to now that Disney is driving?

To be fair, that live action show wasn't exactly moving under Lucas' ownership either...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

It could still come out in 2015, but that always seemed a little soon anyway. I would rather they take the time to make sure everything is great instead of trying to hit a hard deadline (plus Disney might not want to have Star Wars Episode VII and Avengers 2 competing for money in the same year).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It could still come out in 2015, but that always seemed a little soon anyway. I would rather they take the time to make sure everything is great instead of trying to hit a hard deadline (plus Disney might not want to have Star Wars Episode VII and Avengers 2 competing for money in the same year).

::Hits Like Button::
    Good trader(s): TheDarthVader...thanks!

This is clumsy, Disney shouldn't have put such a specific date on this if they weren't willing to deliver, that's just bad public relations. They could have given a 2016 date and nobody would have batted an eyelash, now they look foolish AND like they're trying to kowtow to Abrams' busy schedule which is a point of weakness to overvalue a director that highly. ANH started filming only 14 months before it hit theaters without any budget or an established effects house to speed things along.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.